Oversalt

Comments

• Just genuinely don't enjoy it. I gave it a try, played every character. Not a single one I care for. I can't say what it is, or why, I just play every match and never have a point where I am having fun.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• @Satomi Legitimately the game rewards communication and having fun. I have friends I play with and it makes all the difference, as you've noted. But I also have someone I met totally at random in the beta solo queueing who talked on the mic and I shot him a friend request afterwards. He is probably the person I play with the second most frequently.

So shoot randoms friend requests. The worst that happens is they reject them or turn out to be creepers and you just block them later anyway.
  • Hadrak said:

Kelliara said:

This is why I love asynchronous PvP. Say what you want about Watchdogs singleplayer, but I enjoyed the thrill of sneaking into other peoples games, or having mine sneaked into, and the delicious game of cat-and-mouse that followed in its multiplayer.

One of my favorite games with a multiplayer element was actually Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. I absolutely ADORED Assassinate mode and put so many hours into it. It was insanely rewarding and fun for me.

But, back on topic, pubbies gonna pub. All you can really do is accept that or wait for your friends to roll around. Them's the breaks when you're running with a group of people you've never met--it's sucky, but not much to be done about it.

My favourite part of AC multiplayer, was getting messages from people after, accusing me of cheating because I was winning games with only 3 or 4 kills, and they were getting many more, and still getting edged out scorewise.

Back on topic: Is Overwatch worth getting? I've been umming and aahing about picking it up once I get my consoles replaced, and wouldn't mind some opinions.
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Anyone playing on Xbox One?
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro
    Kelliara said:

Back on topic: Is Overwatch worth getting? I've been umming and aahing about picking it up once I get my consoles replaced, and wouldn't mind some opinions.

I don't play on console, but I think it's a damn great game. If you're worried about the investment, I think you might wanna ask if you'll have people to play with aside from the pubbies and if you enjoy objective-based team shooters--it's not a game for everyone and that's OK.

• IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    Quality is bad, but @Azzello recorded it for me. I got a solo teamkill on Zarya. Twas a good Zarya day.

"And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • edited June 2016
    Don't buy overwatch unless you enjoy getting stuck into stupid matches vs. stupid team configurations and can't fight back due to stupid people who refuse to switch their stupid champions. (Or you have friends to play with.) I'm stuck with a 50-50 win/loss rate, which is typical for a pub.

Just all sorts of frustrating, but hopefully when I fix my desktop I'll be able to actually hit the stuff I target. That's also 50-50, despite aiming directly at the target.

edited June 2016
    Satomi said:

Don't buy overwatch unless you enjoy getting stuck into stupid matches vs. stupid team configurations and can't fight back due to stupid people who refuse to switch their stupid champions. (Or you have friends to play with.) I'm stuck with a 50-50 win/loss rate, which is typical for a pub.

Just all sorts of frustrating, but hopefully when I fix my desktop I'll be able to actually hit the stuff I target. That's also 50-50, despite aiming directly at the target.

With just about any team based video game you play, you have to accept the following concepts:

1. You will not win every game. You just have to take the L's as they come. Outside of the competitive spirit, what REAL drawback is there in losing, especially in regular degular shmegular matches? If anything you can learn from why you lost and try to make adjustments to improve yourself.

2. There's always gonna be idiots at some point or another that just wanna do what they wanna do. Nothing you can really do about it except dodge queue and wait a bit so that you don't get stuck with them consecutively.

3. A 50/50 win/loss rate is actually decent. In fact that's actually good considering this game just came out a couple of weeks ago. I already know people that have as bad as a 25% win rate with 300 games played. I'm at 140 games and have 72 wins. Just over a 50% winrate. You also should understand in most games, in terms of climbing a ranked ladder, literally having a 51% winrate or higher will make you climb. Having consistently gotten to Platinum in LoL for 3 seasons and Diamond last season, your winrate is going to just hover around 50% if you're decently good at the game. Even in Challenger, most players have a 55-60% winrate. While I understand that League is a completely different game than Overwatch, you can kinda apply the same concept.

4. Sometimes, you switching on your own will be enough to turn the tide of the battle. I'm still only lightly experienced with this game, but from what i've gathered so far, if you're getting stomped really hard then it's a pretty good indicator some switching needs to happen. Pretty good rule of thumb is asking yourself two questions. The first is "Am I being an effective teammate?" meaning are you getting kills and dying less often than you're killing people. If the answer is yes, then you should probably keep doing what you're doing. The second is "Why did I die?" If it was an isolated incident i.e. you're tracer and ran through a fully stacked room of Symmetra turrets, then you should write that one off as a mishap. But if you keep on getting dumped on by a Pharah or a Tracer again and again, maybe you should switch to Roadhog and give them ol' snatch-blast-stab combo or a Widowmaker to basically 1-shot Pharah right out of the sky.

As far as your aiming is concerned, I don't know what's going on with your internet or your computer, but I haven't experienced or heard of any of the problems you're mentioning in regards to aiming. I have had some funky things happen with rubberbanding when I'm playing at work because my client downloads a lot of things, or he'll be streaming something on his computer while his partner is streaming something upstairs on the TV. I'll shoot at somebody, knowing for sure that I hit them (at least on my screen) and then a second later they'll be a mile away and i'll be dead because the game hadn't quite caught up from that lag spike.

All of that aside, if you're ever looking for people to play with, I usually have at least 2 or 3 people with me, but I often have a full team of friends with me when i'm not playing off hours. And I will say, it's a MUCH better gaming experience when you play with friends that aren't jerks because they don't mind switching to what's necessary, and pulling off some pretty sick wombo combos. I know i've had/have a really bad reputation for being super toxic in Aetolia (lets face it, this game makes a lot of otherwise really nice people into animals due to how invested we get into it), but I promise i'm a nice guys these days, and so are most of the guys and gals I play with. You're welcome to add me and come play with us anytime you like, as we're always looking for more people to play with.

In other news, I'm actually really salty because I got 3 POG's today setting up wombo combos with @Hadrak's bae who is WAY stronker than I think most people realize and I can't get shadowplay to work just yet. Blizzard did announce that they'll be adding in a feature to export your Highlights to video, which is fantastic. I'm also beyond ready for those Mcree nerfs. Gettin reaaaaaaaaaal sick of seeing deathcam of him getting like 3 kills via spamming nothing but fan the hammer. Also, MFW Bastion evidently used to have a barrier in front of himself when he was in turret mode. Talk about making you wanna kill yourself.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    AtrapoemaKelliaraIshinNola
  • @Satomi The not hitting is probably do the lag compenstion. But it would be nice if the severs were at a higher tickrate as well. As Illidan said, 50% winrate is about what most people who try will maintain due to the nature of the matchmaking. Also keep in minds competitive/ranked mode is coming later this monthso there's a chance you'll be able to play in that mode and see a bit more switching and team comp reaction than you will in quickplay.

@illidan Honestly, that is how mcree kills though. I mean, it isn't like he has an extensive kit. Flashbang, fan the hammer, roll and single shot is meh. I agree he might need some changes, but unfortunately there's just not a lot to him. Just be glad his hit box isn't as forgiving as hanzo.

Also beta bastion was a very different beast, its been ages since the change to him but I also believe his dps was lower when he had a shield. But I think by and large the changes have been good for him, but I'd still rather her only have 270 degree movement, rather than full 360 just to force him to go into recon mode to deal with gettin attacked rather than swinging around to unload his turret on you.
    edited June 2016
    I think Mcree's kit being super simple in and of itself is his problem. I get that he's supposed to flashbang, fan the hammer, roll and fan again if necessary, but what I'm talking about is Mcrees just literally spamming fan the hammer and nothing else. Not even comboing. See a person? Fan the hammer. No flashbang, nada. Just right click. Something as simple as reducing FTH's base damage and increasing it when a target is hit by a flashbang would make it so much better. Or they could add more interaction with his roll/reload like giving his single shots more attack speed and range for a few seconds or something. They've already announced nerfs to fan the hammer, but I don't know what exactly that entails.
  • Only hero I need is Bastion. Turn into a turret and just sit there playing with the mouse.

Solaria
    Xenia said:

Only hero I need is Bastion. Turn into a turret and just sit there playing with the mouse.

AtrapoemaSolariaIllikaalIshin

• This feels appropriate for this thread, and it brings some culture to your saltiness people.
    The rushing sound of waves breaking upon a shore fills your mind as Slyphe imparts to you, "Meltas is a bit..special sometimes..."

Probably my favorite comic so far because it's absolutely true.

• yeah, I've been approaching this game with the wrong mindset. I'm used to the point of a game being to stay alive, and Overwatch is just all about the objective. The actual killing people is almost secondary. League of Legends never trained me for this! T_T

Anyways, going to try playing this game without determining my skill level on how well I stay alive. Realistically, I won't stay alive.

Ishin

I will never tire of Dad 76.

Illikaal
  • It's really frustrating playing Overwatch without a full group.

68% winrate is now 54%. Never pub, NOT EVEN ONCE.

Also I'm speculating that the matchmaking system speedily shunts you with disproportionately inept teammates to force a 50/50 winrate, rather than taking the time to find players of equal skill to fill both teams.

'cuz I just played with a Reinhardt who never used any abilities and ran around holding leftclick.

• DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    That's not how you play Reinhardt? WHOOPS
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

Diogen
  • The culprit is identified!
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
    That's how all true heroes play Reinhardt. PRECISION GERMAN ENGINEERING as he torques that hammer around in a 360 degree angle to whap anyone that gets near him.

Draiman
    edited June 2016
    Draiman said:

That's not how you play Reinhardt? WHOOPS

Illidan said:

@Draiman just feeds every game so.

On a side note, i'm pretty sure Zarya is officially my favorite. I won't lie though, she does feel a little too strong. Just a tad. But so does everyone in OW right now. Still, that won't stop me from using maximum disrespect to kill my enemies.

https://gfycat.com/ForkedBasicKingbird

I'm prepared for a bunch of people playing Zarya this week to try to do that now. And fail. Terribly.

"Die! Die! Die!" "Heroes never die!"

Illikaal
    The funny thing is, the very last game I played last night, that happened.
    Illidan said:

The funny thing is, the very last game I played last night, that happened.

Happened to me twice in one night. The other day, a Mei on my team threw a wall in front of me to eat the entire ult. Okay, it happens--then she dropped it in under me on another ult, threw me up in the air, and I died to Torb's Molten Core'd turret as it put me directly in the line of sight of it. Okay, whatever--it happens. Then I died, got rezzed by Mercy, and Mei walled me off with the entire enemy team just as I shifted to Wraith Form to get away. I could have cried the biggest baby Reaper tears.

Mei is truly evil.

The Nightmare Realized. This video is too real.

My Reaper dreams.

Do any of you still play? I FEEL ABANDONED.

• DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    Too busy playing Aetolia sorry
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

XeniaDidi