MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• edited May 2016
    Illidan said:

Don't tell me you're gonna show up after I put all off this work in for you only to flake in the end.

That aside, internet friends are 99x more reliable than RL ones.

And this is PRECISELY the reason as to why I pretty much hate everybody.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• "awake for almost 29 hours? Check." "Did you sleep any during it?" "Yeah, 2 hour nap that left me more tired than functional." "Alright, go to bed."

*6 hours later*

...why am I awake again?..why did I only sleep six hours? Shouldn't I be awake in two more hours? -_-"
    The rushing sound of waves breaking upon a shore fills your mind as Slyphe imparts to you, "Meltas is a bit..special sometimes..."
  • Double post because this irritates me actually:

Society as a whole nowadays is too unicorns focused on staying dry and clean clothing-wise. Your average kid isn't allowed to get the cuffs of his pants wet, or doesn't want to for X reasons, we want our kids to play outside, but we tell them they can't actually PLAY or get dirty! Whatever happened to the days of it being normal for kids to roam around, and for kids to go exploring places like local forests, coming home in the evenings with their shoes muddy, and the cuffs of their pants soaking wet, covered in light scratches, and tired from a day of fun exploration, and telling you about this place they think is just magical?!

...and yes, I do realize I'm 22, and I've never done any of this myself, but I wanted to, and I still kind of get the urge to just go out, find a forest, and go exploring, come home after a long day of just wandering around a forest, tromping through streams and wetness, and not caring how dirty my clothes get from it.
    The rushing sound of waves breaking upon a shore fills your mind as Slyphe imparts to you, "Meltas is a bit..special sometimes..."
    KonnornTeani
  • What changed is the perception of danger in the world. It's not that the world is more dangerous, in general because we're more aware of danger, it's actually safer. But the -perception- of danger is what changed. Because our way of life, and our connection to the outside world has changed. We have news that is on a 24 hour cycle, looking for the most shocking things. Even local news bombards you with horrible things happening. And it's not because more bad things are happening, really, but because the horror-show gets butts in seats.

• edited May 2016
    @Xavin

I know, and that's probably the biggest thing that ticks me off about it all.

Edit: I'd say make it a crime to not report at least one positive thing for every negative thing on the news. And it has to be equatable, and if it's going to cause paranoid phobias to build up, show actual researched statistics that prove that this is a rare occurrence and being stupidly paranoid will in fact, only make your life worse for being afraid.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Me and my sis explored the world! I don't know of any kid that had more bruises than my sister when growing up. Might speak of her clumsiness more than anything, but we had fun! Favorite past-time was to find interesting things in the dumpster to decorate our little hideout with, or climbing trees. There were few days when we were younger when we wouldn't be spending our time outdoors.

• Fear mongering always gets me frustrated. I understand caution, but far too often opinion/actions are an overreaction to the fear of some uncommon event or possibility. The same issue goes beyond just stopping people from doing things, but also how people view whole populations or groups of people. It always frustrates me anytime I see it! BAH!
    Didi
  • I think to sum up everyone's opinion, because even I agree with them all... we can all agree on the next sentence alone:

Let's watch the world burn. :grin:
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

Konnorn
  • Training for work being a lot of waiting around for tech issues and everyone else in the training to get things working properly.

Woe is me for being able to handle a computer job?

Also, when you've only seen your friends and family for 3 days in the last couple years. With the year my family is having already, too. My 7 year old cousin passed away, another cousin got into a pretty bad accident two days ago and has been in the hospital, and a family farm had a barn fire where they lost almost a quarter of their livestock... makes you realize what's important in life and making me feel bad I haven't been able to be there to help with any of it.

Blah blah.
    IshinFezzix
  • Oh, let's add in my biological father that I've only spoken to a handful of times gracing my brother and me with his existence again, and his guilt/apologies really making me feel bad and giving me conflicting feelings towards it. A can of worms I really just can't emotionally handle opening right now.
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    @Asaraii - Feed the can to the fishes, yo. If he gotta guilt you...not worth. Fuck some guilt.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    I hate starting out my day running a not even week old kitten to the emergency vet because the mom abandoned it for being ill. Poor thing had to be put down. Meh.

Xandren
  • I'm irritated that the crafting system has been regulated so badly as to not even be fun to deal with anymore.
    TenshyoErzsebet
  • Aetolian crafting 101: Run ten miles and then punch a heavy bag for an hour before attempting to deal with crafters. Then maybe you won't have enough energy to think about things or get frustrated.
    Tenshyo
  • Aetolia crafting is actually LESS anal than it used to be, too. Not sure who I hate because it's anonymous, but FUCK YOU WHOEVER DENIED MY DESIGN 3 TIMES FOR NOT HAVING A HYPHEN, MY WAY WAS RIGHT. Admin should have permashrubbed you for making me look up grammar rules.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

XeniaErzsebet
  • It certainly doesn't feel less anal, especially with the new restrictions I'm running into.
    ErzsebetTenshyo
  • Atrapoema said:

It certainly doesn't feel less anal, especially with the new restrictions I'm running into.

I had a design rejected for 'lack of a hyphen'. Now grammar stuff sneaks through sometimes. I don't know, I just kind of hate every part of crafting in this game.

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

you disgust me

AtrapoemaIshinTenshyo
  • Unless I'm misremembering, it used to be that light levels of forced actions could exist within designs. Fairly sure we have legacy designs still sitting around that are perfect examples of this. However, now I can't have the player peeking into a container when they examine a drink (despite the fact that this is logical and perfectly able to be ignored), can't have their mouth pucker at sour things (game was rife with this before the changes), can't have their nose wrinkle at a smell, etc. Previously, I found out that I couldn't refer to gaiters as 'leggings' within the EXAMINED, even though it's a perfectly valid synonym, because "we already have a pattern that uses the leggings reference." It was in the examined, it was used after gaiters, it wouldn't have confused anyone or caused any problems.

Honestly, the restrictions are annoying, stifle creativity, and make the system an absolute bother to even deal with.
    TenshyoErzsebet
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    Yeah, it's a system checked by folks who are not professional editors (and even if they were, there would still be disagreements -- when it comes down to it, style is a subjective matter, sometimes even in cases we've been taught are inalienable). So, as a crafter, you sometimes have to push back to make a case for something, sometimes with references, if necessary :wink:
  • Last time pushed back they ignored me entirely and kept auto-rejecting until I did it their way. System with anonymity is good in that it shields people from rage...but also bad in that it shields pricks. Easier for my blood pressure to rarely craft.

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

you disgust me

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Last time I got denied for something asinine, I popped a msg in to Becue and it got approved by her fairly swiftly. That is one thing to keep in mind if the mortal approvers are doing something idiotic. If disagree with Becue, however, I have nothing for you.
    Solaria
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    I have rejections on designs from Becue that tell me the thing the rejections refer to are definitely grammatically correct, but that I still have to change it.

Crafting in this game has gotten beyond ridiculous and the rulings continue to get increasingly contradictory and increasingly asinine. I agree with Atra, that at this point, almost every new ruling they make pointlessly stifles creativity to the point where it isn't worth it anymore. It's definitely more anal overall, just less anal on the grammatical front--resulting in a lot of newer designs being incorrect.

I was all excited about barding, and then they made a ruling about not allowing armor designs to have cloth because there's a caparison design, when 1) what I had included was a couple inches of cloth as a colourful fringe, not a caparison and 2) every other craft skill and talent allows you to add one design to another with the inclusion of comms, which I offered to do, and was still turned down.

On topic and unrelated: I have a bunch of booze in my house, and I kind've wish I didn't, because I really want to go overboard with it. :/
    imageimage
    TenshyoSantiago
  • We are supposed to keep this thread free from game related rages. Just saying..

SolariaAryanneTeani
  • SantiagoSantiago United States
    I have to say that I have had a positive experience dealing with Becue so far, but I have to agree with some of what @Erzsebet has to say on crafting.

As a new player coming to Aetolia, it's been frustrating learning the ropes of the Crafting Guild here. I am getting the hang of things. However, when it gets to the point that your design is rejected because of a supposedly unnecessary comma, somebody's taking themselves too seriously.

I don't want to see Aetolia fill up with a bunch of bad designs, but that's just the thing. From what I've read and heard, there are getting to be so many rejections over nit picky little things that eventually there's not going to be any designs at all. Not to mention the crafting guild seems to have so many rules that it's more of a bureaucracy than anything else.

There needs to be a middle ground somewhere between our crafters and the Crafting Guild. Not every design is not going to be perfect. There is no reason why they all should be.
    Asaraii
  • Santiago said:

I have to say that I have had a positive experience dealing with Becue so far, but I have to agree with some of what @Erzsebet has to say on crafting.

As a new player coming to Aetolia, it's been frustrating learning the ropes of the Crafting Guild here. I am getting the hang of things. However, when it gets to the point that your design is rejected because of a supposedly unnecessary comma, somebody's taking themselves too seriously.

I don't want to see Aetolia fill up with a bunch of bad designs, but that's just the thing. From what I've read and heard, there are getting to be so many rejections over nit picky little things that eventually there's not going to be any designs at all. Not to mention the crafting guild seems to have so many rules that it's more of a bureaucracy than anything else.

There needs to be a middle ground somewhere between our crafters and the Crafting Guild. Not every design is not going to be perfect. There is no reason why they all should be.

There's a reason that the Moonshiner actively avoids (tries to kill or have killed) the crafting gnomes.

Not helpful, I know. Sorry.

I'll go back into my corner now.
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
    Xenia
  • My uncle died yesterday, and it's the first death I've experienced of anyone I was actually very close with. I have two 18 year old cousins that graduated high school last Thursday, and one 12 year old cousin, all now without a father. The two that just graduated were at the beach, enjoying their first day of senior week when they got the call.

Him and my dad own a roofing/steeplejack business and have been doing that kind of work since they were 15 and their dad was teaching them how it worked. These guys are professionals, it's in their blood, and to all of us they were absolutely invincible. Never in a million years would we have imagined his passing at 43 being a result of falling off a 40 foot high building doing the same thing he's done every single day for the past umpteen years.

Dad's probably going to have to shut the business down, my cousins... blegh, my heart just breaks for them. My grandmother lost her husband a year ago, and now a son. Just so much happening at once. I saw him three days ago and it still just doesn't seem real.

I get that this probably isn't exactly productive, and may border on TMI, but right now the outlet is very much appreciated.
    EmelleTeaniKonnornIshinFezzix
  • Damn.... I'm sorry for the loss Buford. My condolences to you and everyone in your family.

EmelleTeani
  • @Buford

It is important to talk about things of that magnitude. Please never feel like you do not have an outlet, whether it be here or somewhere else.

I am so sorry for your loss.
    My thoughts to you, and your family. Give them a hug for us, will you?

DidiMariena
  • edited June 2016
    Window's 10.

'nuff said.

It's been over a month since I "upgraded" (ffff... more like downgrade with this stupid thing) and it's a prime example of why people who favor form over function should NOT be designing things, and forcing people to upgrade. It looks real pretty, but it's about as f*cking useful as flowery paint on a submarine. I've held my tongue with all its issues until now, but with it not supporting FALLOUT 3 (SERIOUSLY, I can forgive not supporting Morrowind, but FALLOUT 3. YOU'RE TELLING ME YOU CAN'T SUPPORT FALLOUT 3?!?!) I'm done. I've tolerated all the terrible crap this OS has put in front of me, from crashes, to lack of support of programs and files that are admittedly a decade old, but this crap is where I draw the line -_-".

P.S. You ever learn how to sleep with your laptop screen on? I had to because this unicorns OS crashes any time I close my laptop screen. YEAH! WTF?!
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    And this is why I've refused to upgrade to windows 10--because I was terrified of all that. >.> Though I sleep with both comp screens on, usually.
    imageimage