MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    So I found out that I -don't- have to pay for the birth control implant because of the health reform thing. But I need it to be done on the 27th, 'cause that's when the shot wears off and all of the offices I've called are all intent on forcing me to come in for a consult visit first, that can't be the same day of the implant. They won't even order the damn implant til the consult and said it can take as many as 6-8 weeks to get here. The earliest I can do the consult is the 24th. So basically, if I want to not pay almost a grand for the implant, I have to endure another cycle of the shot, which makes me batshit crazy for a solid week and a half--and which will next wear off, making me crazy again once I'm in production at work, dealing with people.

Not to mention, I've already used 2 of my 8 visits for the year, and forcing a consult on me makes this another two. Also, have to pay for the shot, via planned parenthood where I normally get it, even though that's supposed to be covered under my insurance for free, because they won't do that without a consult either and I don't have time (or spare visits) to do all of these extra visits. Especially since they don't see new patients in the earliest time slot that they have available so I pretty much have to call in for at least a half day. Which ordinarily, I'd just schedule a day off, but I'm in training again, so calling out and being late has a direct effect on how crappy my schedule is once we get out of training.
    imageimage
  • Gasto said:

a kitty-burrito.

@Gasto , it's PURR-ito, thank you.

SaritaLepekaGasto
  • Finals.
    Demarcus
  • edited May 2016
    my Ipad, which is over several years old now, has finally suffered its first impact on its face. the touch function still works on it surprisingly, but I had to drop 32 dollars on a bundle pack in the only local place to sell tech stuff (our libraries and bookstores are gone, replaced by clothing, our media outlets are going too sadly. I don't think I've seen any other tech places that didn't just sell parts and nothing but parts in a long time and they're actually disappearing too) and that means I've got less than 18 dollars to my name as far as savings go, because this year has been rough, and my ability to earn enough on the side to keep my bankaccount fed has been severely hampered by everyone either getting tighter on their wallets in what few jobs I did manage to work ( I was let go) and everyone seems to have been in some sort of hole as far as money goes. -_-"

The rushing sound of waves breaking upon a shore fills your mind as Slyphe imparts to you, "Meltas is a bit..special sometimes..."
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    Adjusting to medication, forgetting to drink enough water, and ending up feeling like poop on a stick. Sorry folks. :(

• For all the hype Deadpool got in theaters and massive ratings from my coworkers.... I have to say, I'm sorely disappointed with the movie. It was good, about a 6/10... but it wasn't great.

The Riddick movies were better than Deadpool.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    I thought it was a 5/7
    Draiman
  • If you don't have a guy crush on Ryan Reynolds and give that movie a 10/10 on principle, I DON'T KNOW IF I CAN TRUST EITHER OF YOU ANYMORE.
    DraimanArbreLepekaIshin
  • It's been a rough weekend..first the above issue with my tablet..then having to bury one of my family's cats. (we had 3, my cat, our golden tomcat, and our youngest who was named "City kitty" [southpark reference because my younger sister likes SP]) then our next door neighbor has been trying to pick a fight with us, and decided to poison the youngest, I had to bury her with only some help from an uncle. She left us on friday night, we didn't find her until saturday morning, she'd been soaked by rain and stuff, and it was an un-fun situation all around. If you guys have come to find me in Aetolia and I seemed kind of burnt out, distant, and kind of only halfway there.. it's because that's the reason, this last friday/saturday has been horrible enough that I only now can consider myself even remotely halfway functional.
    The rushing sound of waves breaking upon a shore fills your mind as Slyphe imparts to you, "Meltas is a bit..special sometimes..."
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    @Asaraii the 5/7 is a perfect rating btw. Do you even internet bro
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

AsaraiiJensen
  • MY SINCERE BAD. 5/7.
  • edited May 2016
    Facebook reminded me that this is the fifth anniversary of the last time I saw my grandmother before she died. I was primarily raised by my grandmother and my father so it was definitely a jab in the ribs, especially when my Dad's health is ping ponging again. Thanks for lookin' out, Facebook.

(Spinesreach): Xiuhcoatl says, "Oh man, grab the children-corn. This is gonna be good."
    Ishin
  • @Xandren I'm so, so sorry to hear about that. Is there anything that can be done re. the neighbor poisoning the cat?

• @xavin not really at this point. I don't know enough about the law in order to properly understand where the line can be drawn. Sure I can sue her, but that's not really going to get her out of my neighborhood, and that's probably the ultimate goal here. And the threat of poisoning our animals might not be enough for a proper restraining order or anything that'd be too wide a distance for her to continue living next door to us.
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    You could look into your county/state definitions of animal cruelty. That could lead to some legal action against her that she wouldn't want, and any further attacks on your or anyone else's pets would only stack up on top of that.
    SolariaLepekaIshinXavin
  • I'd at the very least report it to someone so that there's a complaint lodged - means next time she does something you can point back to that complaint.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

EmelleLepekaIshinXavin
  • Today is the 12 year anniversary of the day that I found my best friend in the world after he hung himself a couple weeks after returning from basic training. It prompted a rather extreme change in my life (thankful, because it was for the better, even though I didn't know it at the time).

Wake up this morning, get all ready and rocking to do a long day of 8 hours of driving, and get a phone call from my bff that one of our friends killed himself. It would be one thing, but we had another long time friend of ours commit suicide over the winter, who happened to be this guy's close friend. I've had a few significant suicides in my family and a few other not so close friends do it too, so I'm a little more desensitized, but spent most my day hashing out those feelings again with him.

Was ready to just do my yearly get wasted alone and watch Ghost Ship and listen to Simple Man 500 times, but meh. Salt in the wound.
    FezzixIshinSantiago
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    @Asaraii Simple Man is my favorite song. Could totes listen to it 500 times man. Idk about that ghost ship tho. Feel better, man <3
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Double post because who cares: @Xandren you could maybe get a vet to do an autopsy to see if the kitty was actually poisoned, too, and if so with what. Would help you to have more ammunition and to know for sure either way. For yourself and your sister, you know?
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    Who went to bed around midnight and got woken up at 5AM by a certain child? This person right here! Love my son..but WHY COULD YOU NOT SLEEP FOR ME. I so tired. Coffee is not helping. HALP.

• If the coffee isn't working, try something with a bit more oomph. I hear those five-hour energy things are effective.

Nah don't do that. Better to struggle. Too much caffiene is bad for the heart.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    ReuxEmelle
  • Ishin said:

Nah don't do that. Better to struggle. Too much caffiene is bad for the heart.

Take this seriously. Giving up caffeine improved my quality of life by leaps and bounds.
    I mean, you know, an amount.

Arbre
    I'm struggling to give it up right now. Been drinking a lot of ginger ale to help me cut it out.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Yeah. If I gave up caffeine I would just die, so.

I'm about 200% more likely to give up a kidney than coffee.
    BufordSolariaTenshyoDraimanErzsebet
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    I just reaaaaallly enjoy cups of coffee caffeine or no. I probably drink 10-15 cups a day
    Xenia
  • AT&T has really royally pissed me off, fucking assholes put a datacap on a relative's internet service from them for seemingly no reason. and it'll be two weeks before they can get anyone from the OTHER ISP out here to actually hook up internet from them, so I'm not going to be able to do the streaming I had been doing on their Xbox One, because I lack one, and my PC isn't strong enough to run the two games I was streaming from their console (they were nice enough to essentially "give" it to me in the sense that as long as it stayed in their home, I could do what I liked with it)
  • @Reux - your sig fits your statement very amusingly.

Reux
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    A week ago I told our pusher that the clutch on our rig was going out. I told my operator too. Today it went out completely in the worse possible time it could go out. This well keeps threatening to go live and we're in a position where we can't close off the well if it does and the wind is strong enough to where if it does kick off then the 2 neighboring crop fields will be soaked in oil in about 10 minutes. Literally can't do anything but watch it if it happens. 

As is normal with the oil field, me and my operator, who informed our bosses a fucking week ago, have already been yelled and cussed at over this.

Sometimes I just really really hate people. 
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

XeniaDidiXandren
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    Pretty salty today. Invited 8 people over today to watch the game since i just recently moved into my new place and bought a new 70 inch flatscreen. Booze and pizza were provided by yours truly. Everyone's all like "Oh hell yeah I'm there." I took alcohol requests. Went out of my way to buy what everyone wanted only to have every single person flake out at the last minute. I mean, if you got other stuff to do that's cool, but don't tell me you're gonna show up after I put all off this work in for you only to flake in the end.

That aside, internet friends are 99x more reliable than RL ones. Drunken vidja game night is a go.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    SolariaKonnornDraimanXenia