I am Keroc AMA

Comments

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I feel like I know who would win. :trollface:
  • KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    Draiman said:

You (Magi) vs Raz (Druid), who wins?

Do you (or Razmael) remember Eumaues or the vial made in his image? 

Feel free to relive the moment. A couple of fights we had from 2006. Fair warning that this is from a much darker time, when many of us were quite young.

Unlike then, I know now that in order to beat old Druid in their grove, you needed to transcend Avoidance and Antidotes before you'd have a fighting chance. And then you'd never win anyway because of grove eject.

I vaguely remember the vial. Very vaguely. It was a good vial.
    DraimanOrisae
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    edited April 2016
    Bees bees bees bees bees.

Passive entangles.

Passive prismatic!?

• AnteheAntehe Immortal
    "It is an exciting time to live!" You declare. A few bee fly up from your staff to explore.
    AishiaSerriceAsaraii
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    edited April 2016
    Wedric tells you, "You should try out retard or something."

You tell Wedric Vespertine, Lyne's Champion, "In a grove? Are you bloody crazy?"

I can't believe he actually suggested that. :/

ETA: I'm not really sure I trust someone who has used The Dourif Judge (c).
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

Ishin
  • Keroc said:

My personal favourite memory as a player would've been the Deepwater Alliance vs. the Renegade Legion war (BL, Shallam, Duiran vs old Ashtan, with a sprinkling of Spinesreach). Those were some crazy days where logging into the game resulted in a near instant brazier tattoo being used against you in the hopes that you hadn't touched cloak yet. Back then levels were much more difficult to obtain and hold onto - I think I lost something like 30 odd levels dropping from level 60 to level 30 just from trying to participate in the war. Never deterred me though, I would plan out all the strange little things my skills could do to counteract them and feel smug with myself when they couldn't succeed in killing me from a range.

That was an intense war... I think Sayber got killed back to lvl 5 and getting a blessing from Varian afterwards or something.

Hmm... a question. What would be the top five reasons to start playing Aetolia again?
    Ishin
    Mikal said:

That was an intense war... I think Sayber got killed back to lvl 5 and getting a blessing from Varian afterwards or something.

Hmm... a question. What would be the top five reasons to start playing Aetolia again?

It's been a long time since I saw this name! Hey!

I'm not personally too sure about when the last time you played Aetolia was, so I might end up rehashing on some things you already know, but none the less, here's my personal top five reasons. They are probably going to be all combat related, but hey, that's my jam up here in the Pools:
    1. System building is easier then ever right now. I know this was a huge plus for me when I started to rebuild a system for play testing. No longer do you have to collect hundreds of individual lines for each class, all you need to do is simply CONFIG AFFLICT_VIEW ON and the game will tell you what you're afflicted with where appropriate. If you don't feel like building an entire defensive system, you can always utilize FIRSTAID as your backbone and simply hone an offense instead.
    2. We have a number of fairly new conflict systems within the game. Lesser foci and more recently major foci essentially fill the gap where landmarks used to exist. It's a good way to get your teamfight on (city vs city) if you used to enjoy that sort of thing. We also have the relatively new Sect of Blades that was recently updated, which takes over the combat rankings of old. It's built more like a true arena where cures are consumed and death will cost experience, but with the usual arena rules to prevent stalling. It is predominately where most people do their 1v1 jousting. There's a lot of nice rewards for people who participate (read HELP SECT in game), including a custom deathsight if you work diligently enough.
    3. We also have quarterly classlead rounds now. This helps to keep classes relatively balanced and fair, and to prevent the combat meta from getting stale. We recently went through some changes to our classlead system to make it more like other IRE games. If you're familiar with Achaea or Imperian of late, then you'll see a lot of similarities in functionality. There's definitely been an improvement in satisfaction as a result.
    4. There's been a good number of changes to existing classes within the last year. Mages, Monks, Indorani, and Praenomen all went through some tweaks, large and small, to make them a little more appealing and stronger. These changes generally fall outside of classleads, and tend to include new skills and kill routes. If you really liked some of these classes in the past, but felt they were a little lacking (I know you were an Indorani player), then you may really like them now.
    5. I'm going to reserve my fifth reason, because I don't want to harp too much on combat, and leave you with a link to a post Razmael made to talk about 2015 and things we intend to work on in 2016. It's a bit more comprehensive about other aspects of the game such as events and roleplay. You're definitely welcome to ask me about any specifics in here if you have any further questions from my link.
    Lastly, I want to add, we also have a WELCOMEBACK package for players returning to the game. If you feel a little put off having to grab yourself a ton of vials and supplies, then you can use this to jump in and get back into the thick of it. If you prefer to gather your own resources, then even better, you'll likely meet a new face or two on the way.

It's definitely a good time to look around and enjoy some nostalgia.
    Kyna
    Keroc said:

If I could go anywhere? Space is huuuuge, I would love to travel the universe and see all the whacky things it has to offer. But more realistically I think it'd probably be Japan, being able to see the sakura blossoms in bloom would be great, plus all the culture and food that goes with it. Otherwise heading to Europe to see some fantastic mountain views would be nice. Australia is a mostly flat continent so seeing hills and mountains instills a lot of awe in me. I'm very much a scenic person when I get to travel.

I saw this on Reddit and thought it was quite fitting to the sort of experience I'd want if I visited Japan.

https://gfycat.com/ThirdSeveralAngora
    Teani
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Keroc said:

I saw this on Reddit and thought it was quite fitting to the sort of experience I'd want if I visited Japan.

https://gfycat.com/ThirdSeveralAngora

Damn that's nice af
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • AnteheAntehe Immortal
    What @Keroc really wants his trip to be like:
    Draiman
    I want to go to Japan now.

IshinTeani
  • HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro
    Draiman said:

I want to go to Japan now.

What Keroc's trip was actually like:

• Dear @Keroc, who is your favorite Celani whose name begins with a D?

With love,
    Diogen

PS: What is the funniest thing in Pools that's happened that you can write about here?

• AnteheAntehe Immortal
    Answer: Dat Antehe.
    BufordOrisae
    Diogen said:

Dear @Keroc, who is your favorite Celani whose name begins with a D?

With love,
    Diogen

PS: What is the funniest thing in Pools that's happened that you can write about here?

A good parent never reveals their favourite child!

It's hard to write about the Pools in specific. Some bugs really crack me up though. Kai banish in the Sect arena would net you an autowin for a while because the code assumed you managed to escape the arena somehow. Smash at one stage could do 14k+ damage. Haven't had any particularly good ones recently though.
    Ishin
  • This is more game related:

Are there any talks/plans about making more uses for haven points beyond just the raceskills/haven abilities that we can currently buy??
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

@Keroc - Breh, you ride motorcycles?
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Is it hard being so amazing?
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
    Where exactly do you live in Australia?

edited May 2016
    Zsadist said:

This is more game related:

Are there any talks/plans about making more uses for haven points beyond just the raceskills/haven abilities that we can currently buy??

I'm not really sure we would add anything further to havens, as the offplane nature of it hurts the community in the long run. Raceskills are more likely. Can't say we've really had much discussion on this though, although we may look at it when we begin the bashing overhall in earnest.
    Ishin said:

@Keroc - Breh, you ride motorcycles?

I rode a motorbike when I was a kid on my parents farm, but I don't own one currently. My dad took my older brothers bike which was rusted to hell and completely repaired the whole thing part by part. Best birthday present ever. I miss riding a motorbike quite a bit, but I don't think I would want to ride through traffic much.
    Kelliara said:

Is it hard being so amazing?

<3

<blockquote class="UserQuote">
    Serrice said:

Where exactly do you live in Australia?

I live in Perth, Western Australia. My timezone lines up with the Singaporeans.
    How much did you pay @Kelliara to ask that? 

Draiman said:

How much did you pay @Kelliara to ask that? 

Clearly not enough.
    Kelliara
    @Keroc - Riding in traffic is annoying, but man, the feeling of all that freedom flowing past ya...can't be beat.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Perth? PERTH!? Why live on the West Coast when the East is clearly the superior one!?
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
    West coast best coast, even in Aus

Lepeka
  • edited May 2016
    Out of curiosity, with the implementation of mutations into the universe, will we be discovering or finding places in the world further affected/changed by the mutations?

It kind of bothers me a little how much of an impact it has had on the environment, but there doesn't seem to be places or really much development in Helba or in mainland where has been much more then a epidemic centered around Spinesreach. I'm simply curious if there has been places ((even ones I might of missed!)) Where people may have had to adapt to severe changes both to their territory and community. I think my favorite so far is the swamp zombie village near ruins of Ashtan. I would say they represent some form of mutation and adaption.
  • AnteheAntehe Immortal
    What mutations are you talking about?
  • Did you miss me? :D
    AishiaEmelle
  • @ Antehe

The very first promo Racial Relics came soon after the spinesreach event of the Mutated crickets, and invention of the SABLE disease. The origin I believe was explained role-play wise in Helba that the cracking of the pylons released dangerous chemicals capable of causing entire environment to change ((akin to the mutant crickets now deep in the sewers of spines, eradicating the former infestation of stone worms in the process)) This was a really cool science epidemic event seemed to stop before it began. I simply am wondering if since the cracking of the pylons that in other parts of the world where such things have long happened before it happened to us on the mainland, if there was more affects or possibly people affected and completely changed from such happenings.

I fear my question may be too far into the future of story telling since for us, it seemed to only affect a small portion of our mainland....that we are aware of. The dangers of SABLE at first were harming mortals almost to the point of death, but then....it stopped having any potent affect after a while. I'm not complaining just simply curious of where it leads us to next.
  • Captain America or Iron Man?

Whiskey or Vodka?