That Other Video Game Thread

Comments

• JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    I got lost into about 12 hours of Dig or Die yesterday...
  • HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro
    Jensen said:

For a brief moment, I thought you meant Dig Dug. And then I drifted back to thinking about The Dig.

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Hurry up The Divisionnnnnnnnn
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Hadrak said:

Jensen said:

For a brief moment, I thought you meant Dig Dug. And then I drifted back to thinking about The Dig.
    My Tekken Tag Tournament 2 character rocks a Dig Dug flag
    Eeee, so glad I got to back this.

• SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    I'm not gonna lie, just looking at the screenshot, I thought it was like some kind of fantasy field hockey game.

Serrice said:

I'm not gonna lie, just looking at the screenshot, I thought it was like some kind of fantasy field hockey game.

Blood Bowl: High Stickin' Edition.

Put about 20 hours in to Stardew Valley, and I absolutely love it. The game is very much a Harvestmoon reboot but it also reminds me of Secret of Mana. Scores a perfect 5/7
    Draiman
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Well it's no Fight Club.
  • I've fallen down a Salt & Sanctuary hole and I can't get out
    (but seriously, the game's like an amazing cross between Dark Souls and Castlevania)

Ishin
    I've heard good things about Salt & Sanctuary! I really need to find the time to check it out.

GDC was on tonight and there were some awesome announcements/rewards passed out to some fantastic games. (woo, grats on that audio win to Crypt of the Necrodancer) I was stuck at work, but--

I'M SO EXCITED FOR BELOW. This and Ori and the Blind Forest were my most initial anticipated XBone games. So, so excited. SO EXCITED.

• DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    Jensen said:

Put about 20 hours in to Stardew Valley, and I absolutely love it. The game is very much a Harvestmoon reboot but it also reminds me of Secret of Mana. Scores a perfect 5/7

I lost an entire weekend to this game, have been scared to open it back up during the week. Need to keep my job man.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

Jensen
  • AvishaiAvishai Portland, Oregon
    Stardew Valley is ADDICTING

Ishin

I'm dead. I'm dying. Send me to heaven 'cause damn.

Kelliara

goat and it's not even in my hands yet

Does anyone here play EVE? I started playing again
    Haven
  • Hello again, cruel world. It's time the two of us got reacquainted.

If anyone needs me, I'll be crying and tearing my hair out playing Dark Souls 3.
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
    JensenSerriceHadrak
    Kelliara said:

Hello again, cruel world. It's time the two of us got reacquainted.

If anyone needs me, I'll be crying and tearing my hair out playing Dark Souls 3.

Pretty happy that the covenants work like Bloodborne's Oath Runes this go around. Alas, I cannot be Lumenwood Kin here though!

Feirenz
  • NO BROCCOLI PEOPLE?!

literally unplayable. :p

Hadrak
  • Jensen said:

I did for a little bit. I was in Prosynergy and played on Caldari side. Had a Drake and was working on a Raven for L4 missions. :)
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• edited April 2016
    Jensen said:

I'd probably play again if I didn't have to deal with people being lame to me all the time. And had a whole bunch more hours in my day.

...now I want to play again.

-Edit: For clarifications sake, I'd be much more inclined to play again if I had a bunch of cool cats to play with.
  • Honestly, I think I might get a new laptop or wipe/upgrade one of my old ones just so I can play Eve again. I always had a blast with it. Between Mining/PI/mission running/manufacturing... I had tons of fun. I just had no one to play with. Games tend to be more fun with friends. :) If you guys get back into it. Let me know. I'll give you my cadet's name.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

Zsadist said:
    I did for a little bit. I was in Prosynergy and played on Caldari side. Had a Drake and was working on a Raven for L4 missions. :)
    I run a navy issue Drake and solo lvl4 with it.  Currently working on a Raven build and tech ii frigs.  Trying to do covert ops exploring and assault frig PvP.
  • You're into lowsec of nullsec pvp??

• IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    Started playing D3 again recently. My boy Quin69 created this build called the One-Punch Monk. This was the result after 10 minutes of rifts:

"And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    Ishin
    Got summoned for the Dancer of the Boreal Valley at SL30 this morning by mistake. I died in two hits, but hey--at least I got to listen to some sweet music for the twenty seconds I lived.

I hope I made my host proud. :blush:

Kelliara
    Zsadist said:
    You're into lowsec of nullsec pvp??

I'm just starting to try pvp.  Currently our corp is me and my two roommates, one of which has been playing for years and runs the corp.  He does all sorts of stuff, but currently as a group we're trying to get into lowsec and nullsec pvp, exploration, and some mining.  We also want to do incursions.  If you want to you can join our corp, you've probably both played more than I have.  We're caldari based in osmon
  • Hrmgh. I suppose I'll start one of these 14 day trial things. See if I can stick with it this time.
    My favorite EVE story was when my friend and I decided to put on our pirate hats and hold some miners hostage. Podded the miners after they refused to give up any of their stuff.. and then got chased by their corporations for three hours across the Outer Ring and into Syndicate. Nothing like having a group of several interceptors and six battleships warp in on top of you as juuuust as you jump. So many Ravens. SO MANY.

KelliaraSeir