MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• edited March 2016
    I had to have a wisdom tooth pulled out after it broke, this happening a couple weeks shy of my April 15th appointment to get all four removed. After it gets pulled, my jaw swells and I can't get the swelling to go down; now the infection has gotten so bad that it's swelling around my eye. They have me on this antibiotic, which is a last ditch effort to get the swelling to go down before they put me on an IV.

While the infection sucks, it's just WHEN I got it - the last month of Undergrad before I graduate, when I have several projects open that desperately need to get finished before the semester is up. I lost a week when I can't afford to loose a day. I guess on the bright side I get some killer pain meds, so yay? lol

(Spinesreach): Xiuhcoatl says, "Oh man, grab the children-corn. This is gonna be good."
  • /beginrant

I fucking hate people. I fucking hate our species. We are, by far, the worst thing to ever come from evolution/creation with 0 redeeming qualities. I mean, look at the atrocities we commit.... mass murder, genocide, hatemongering, pleasure hunting, extinction of other species, bullying, destruction. No other species on this planet will go out of its way to PURPOSELY murder entire groups of its own kind for its own gain. And we do it just because we can. We're a species driven by greed, revenge, bitterment, hatred, and the destruction of everything around us. We do nothing but destroy everything around us... we procreate to DESTROY MORE. We destroy until theres nothing left but fire and burning ashes. We make other animals fight each other for the mere sport of it. We abuse and mistreat innocent creatures because how vile we truly can be. We hunt other species into extinction simply because WE CAN or because of some perceived threat, as if the other species are an infestation onto human lands. No, WE are the infestation. Like a virus and bacteria, we multiply and kill.

Sure, some people will claim "But we love and we care too." Last time I checked, no amount of love will bring back the millions/billions that have died due to genocide, suicide, or mass murders. No amount of care will bring back the species of animals that we have, and continue, to hunt into extinction. No amount of either will do anything to sate the human desire of greed and revenge that drives us.

What brought on this rant? News... the news brought on this rant. The only thing that we ever see is about how some kid is bullied by their peers and is told to kill themself, or some extremist group decided to blow up some place to kill people in the name of some god, or people being hateful to others all because of gender/skin tone, or people going and forcing dogs to fight each other for simple sport.

While I understand not everyone is like this (of which I am happy for). it is completely disturbing when you realize that the world around you is only going to get worse before it gets better.

I hope no one gets offended by my rant, and if you are offended, you have my apologies. /endrant
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
  • @Jensen: Great video, however... I would like to make a few points that maybe he either chose to ignore or maybe chose not to touch on because of his over-imbued optimism.

Yes, we are developing more and more into an age of technology, however, with every new forward advancement we make, we also learn more on how to murder, kill, bully, torture, and subject people to various degrees. We learn how to create new viruses and diseases that will kill people. With the expanding technology, we're only going to incite MORE wars, MORE murder, and MORE devastation than we already do NOW. Not only that, but with the advancement of technology, we're going to learn about MORE religions who will then in turn be ostricized and blasphemed by the "main" religions in order to subjugate, convert, or destroy those religions. History is a thing of the past that we, as a species, refuse to learn from. Instead, we repeat the same things we did in the past just in different varying ways.

Yes, people can do good... but just because we can do good, in no way justifies the evil we do that seems to be more prevalent, more consistent, and far more damaging than the good.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

He touches on that in the very beginning, that we live in one of the most peaceful times.

Crime in general is trending down

Murder is trending down

Gun violence is trending down

Also in science:

90% of terminally ill cancer patients went into remission after this experimental trial
    http://www.bbc.com/news/health-35586834

In fun times:

SerriceAryanneTeaniAsaraii
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    ARE THOSE OTTERS. THEY'RE SO CUTE!

TeaniAsaraiiPeriluna
    They are otters!!!
  • I love the many options of the Wheel we get to spin once a day after spending an hour online, but dangit, I keep getting a PHILOSOPHY bonus. I mean, the skill gain bonus is NICE, but not when it's seemingly ALWAYS in the same miniskill every time it comes up.. is there a reason why it's always going for the same miniskill? Or am I just that stupidly (un)lucky that the RNG has rolled up Philosophy all 4-5 times I've gotten it throughout this month?
    The rushing sound of waves breaking upon a shore fills your mind as Slyphe imparts to you, "Meltas is a bit..special sometimes..."
  • Just be glad you don't get skillgain into skills you're already trans in. I got skillgain into linguistics, a talent that can't be anything but trans. Not to mention being omnitrans anyway so skillgain is just a failed spin for the day.
    Erzsebet
    Faith in Humanity Collection https://imgur.com/gallery/h8hjA

@zsadist
  • So, as if having Xtreme Bacne wasn't unpleasant enough, the first round of topical treatments they've given me for my acne makes my face very dried out, itchy, burn, makes me look like I have a perpetual sunburn, and will bleach my clothes so I have to wear an extra layer under anything.

*grumble grumble*

Have you had to apply a topical solution to your entire upper back before? It is very difficult without assistance.

Aryanne said:
    So, as if having Xtreme Bacne wasn't unpleasant enough, the first round of topical treatments they've given me for my acne makes my face very dried out, itchy, burn, makes me look like I have a perpetual sunburn, and will bleach my clothes so I have to wear an extra layer under anything. *grumble grumble* Have you had to apply a topical solution to your entire upper back before? It is very difficult without assistance.
    I have a very very large back tattoo... Putting on lotion and A&D for the after care was not fun.  Best of luck!
    Aryanne
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    Only day off I've had in 2 weeks was easter and I just want to sleep in one fking day pls.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    So here's the real question: Would you rather sleep in one day, or get one of those smashed mirror shards?
    TozTrikalAsaraiiEzalorDraimanCarsonIllikaalAryanneTeani
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    This is exactly like asking a mother which child she wants to kill. You're cruel. 
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

AsaraiiIshinAryanneHavenErzsebetTeani
  • God why can't I like/agree/insightful the same post all at once?

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Asaraii
  • I really am starting to hate my daycare. I TOLD them that my son was teething and had a low grade fever the last couple of days because of it. They call me because he's screaming and 'hasn't been himself all day' yet again. You know why, you unicorns? Because you only managed to get him to sleep 30 minutes the entire day. As usual on days where he turned into a crankpot by the afternoon. Just..ugh. This is just part of a growing trend to see the managers, not the regular teachers but the managers, not want to make an effort.
    DidiPeriluna
  • Dristin said:

I really am starting to hate my daycare. I TOLD them that my son was teething and had a low grade fever the last couple of days because of it. They call me because he's screaming and 'hasn't been himself all day' yet again. You know why, you unicorns? Because you only managed to get him to sleep 30 minutes the entire day. As usual on days where he turned into a crankpot by the afternoon. Just..ugh. This is just part of a growing trend to see the managers, not the regular teachers but the managers, not want to make an effort.

Sounds like a mom is gonna whoop some ass.

That would be you. Let 'em have it!

Dristin
  • Tenshyo said:

Dristin said:

I really am starting to hate my daycare. I TOLD them that my son was teething and had a low grade fever the last couple of days because of it. They call me because he's screaming and 'hasn't been himself all day' yet again. You know why, you unicorns? Because you only managed to get him to sleep 30 minutes the entire day. As usual on days where he turned into a crankpot by the afternoon. Just..ugh. This is just part of a growing trend to see the managers, not the regular teachers but the managers, not want to make an effort.

Sounds like a mom is gonna whoop some ass.

That would be you. Let 'em have it!
    I swear to god. Tomorrow, if he wakes up and has no fever and acts fine all through to the afternoon, some words goin' to be shared.
    KerrynTenshyo
  • edited March 2016
    Mine called and said Ian had a runny nose and didn't seem himself. Dude. Pollen in SC is falling like snow. There's literally two inches outside if not more. Plus, he had his two top teeth coming in at the same time. I thought my husband was going to flip. Sometimes people don't use common sense. 
    TenshyoDristin
  • Pollen is ridiculous down south, man!! We have bikes and atvs outside and I've literally washed like 30 bikes a day and they are covered within the next hour. Even inside the shop, just from opening doors, bikes are covered with a coating of pollen. My faceeeebonessssss.
  • edited March 2016
    Periluna said:

Mine called and said Ian had a runny nose and didn't seem himself. Dude. Pollen in SC is falling like snow. There's literally two inches outside if not more. Plus, he had his two top teeth coming in at the same time. I thought my husband was going to flip. Sometimes people don't use common sense. 

Man, I ended up taking Oswin to the doctor by 10AM yesterday cause I was like, "You know what? Just to be safe, let's do it." And the doc checked him out - no fever, no ear infection, nothing in his chest. JUST. TEETHING. She gave me a note to take to daycare for it (she was super nice and understood my plight). The main manager tried to give me pushback, tried to say she was told that 'he had a fever over the weekend and it broke Sunday'. I was like, 'lol, no, never said that.' So she ended up accepting the note and let him come back. And he was fine for the whole day, especially AFTER NAPPING.

Safe to say, I'll probably be watching things more carefully and starting to look at other daycares.
    KerrynAvishaiTenshyoFaerah
  • AvishaiAvishai Portland, Oregon
    No grown ups better be mean to little Oswin, the Aetolia army will come smack a foo....
    DristinTenshyo
  • Pollen -is- terrible. I woke up at 3am and had to take care of my roommate for an hour who has such bad allergies anyway he has to take strong medication for it - he woke up with one of the worst sinus migraines, and became violently sick and couldn't keep any medicine down. After a while of that he settled down enough he could go lay down and he (thank God) fell asleep.

I did not envy him. The worst I deal with is waking up congested.
    Dristin
  • HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro
    Oh hey, I'm sick. Again.

And my friend is in the hospital after she had surgery (yay Cronh's), now she's got a staph infection and cellulitis. Her mother's downstate with the flu, I'm sick and can't go see her. Her mother feels awful because she can't go see her, I certainly can't go see her and I'm pissed as hell. Goddammit.

Oh, and my cat got out last night in blizzard conditions. Thankfully, fate dealt a kind hand and we forgot to close the garage door so she huddled up there to stay warm. Panic for like an hour this morning at 5am, trying to find my fat, dumb indoor cat.

• ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    edited April 2016
    Anxiety and depression. Bluh. The one time in my life when I'm -not- wandering around the continent uncertain of where I'll land, and I'm drowning in both. What. The. Fuck.

ETA: I'm glad your kitty is okay, Hadrak.
    imageimage
  • Hadrak said:

And my friend is in the hospital after she had surgery (yay Cronh's), now she's got a staph infection and cellulitis.

oh jeez, I'm literally having surgery for the exact same condition this Friday. hope your friend (and you and the mother!) get well soon

• HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro
    Feirenz said:

oh jeez, I'm literally having surgery for the exact same condition this Friday. hope your friend (and you and the mother!) get well soon

I hope all goes well for you, Feirenz.

FeirenzEmelleIshinAryanneErzsebetDristinEydisMaite
  • I dislike last month and so far this month. Pet issues, family medical issues, car issues..just a mess. I also hate packing for two days, but have the sinking feeling that we're going to end up being gone for longer than that.