Short Questions

Comments

• @Jensen - many of the items that were sold in Moghedu were sold in other places. However, anything that wasn't is now also sold in the Heylai shop that sells marble. The only thing that is not sold is clay, because that can be gotten from several other locations.
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    I was mostly worried as MoT for Bloodloch, since we lost a source of commodities that every other city has access to. I've realized now that the bolts wont fire if I unphase into the shop to check prices/make purchases, and the guards don't seem to attack if I do that. The bolts were just a really gnarly surprise. (I know I should have paid attention to the news post)
  • Jensen said:

I was mostly worried as MoT for Bloodloch, since we lost a source of commodities that every other city has access to. I've realized now that the bolts wont fire if I unphase into the shop to check prices/make purchases, and the guards don't seem to attack if I do that. The bolts were just a really gnarly surprise. (I know I should have paid attention to the news post)

Or the giant warning that says "STAY OUT IF YOUR BLOODLOCHIAN OR AN ENEMY."

As a note, though, I read that warning, checked my enemy statuses, walked in, died horribly in a hail of crossbow bolts, then checked my enemy statuses again.

It was right there the whole time. "The mhun of Moghedu." :(

As an actual question, though, something that's been driving me crazy is trying to figure out how CWHO lists people. Obviously by rank, but what about multiple people of the same rank? Sometimes it seems alphabetical, but other times these doesn't seem to be rhyme or reason.
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
  • +--------------------------- CHANGELOG ENTRY #1184 ----------------------------+
    | Entered by: Razmael Date: 2016/03/25 12:00:51 |
    +--------------------------------- CHANGE ------------------------------------+

I've added a command to let you safely trade an item to another player in exchange for gold, credits, or iron coins.

Simply do TRADE TO FOR to start the process. The other person must then type AGREE to complete the trade. You may hit STOP before they do so in order to revoke the trade.

+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+

Sooooooo.... does this work for artifact items as well?
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• @Zsadist it's for them items you travel to someone for to buy.. eg chocolate/pills etc etc

so now them who didn't see to enemies for RP reasons now can as they do not need to be in the same room
    MayhemHunting - Discord Chat - CLANHELP MAY (ingame)

• Also stops putty scamming.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Xavin
  • MordtriusMordtrius St Louis MO
    Sorry if this is in the documentation explicitly but I didn't see it:

Does shapeshifting madess decrease due to mobile kills and player kills while not mutated? I found the language in the help file ambiguous on that point.
    Second question: Any chance of getting learning descriptions for the few remaining skills without them? So far I've found horsemanship, philosophy, and reanimation missing them. I enjoy read them...
  • AnteheAntehe Immortal
    @Mordtrius (and anyone else) - you would send me a PM or message in game with skills without learning messages, I will add them to my to-do list.
    Another quick question:

At midnight on Kinsday, the 7th of Slyphian, year 457 of the Midnight Age I suddenly had these stats:

+ Mordtrius ------------------------------------------------------------------+
    | Strength     : 21(+7)  Dexterity    : 21(+8)  Timeout   : 10 minutes    |
    | Intelligence : 21(+9)  Constitution : 21(+8)  Statpack  : Typical       |
    +-------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    I went away in less than five minutes while I was still trying to figure out what happened. Any ideas?
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    At midnight, vampires (and thralls/nightstalkers I believe) gain a stat boost to 21 and gain faster equilibrium/balance times for a short amount of time.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• I'm pretty sure we don't get a boost in speed, just the 21 max stats.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    21 to all stats and a bal/eq boost.

I'm 200% sure you do.

• If we do, it's a new development. I'll have to test it.

• SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    edited March 2016
    #2418 - 6/25/2015 at 2:50 - Razmael, the Synthesist
    Time changes
    Most events that occurred at midnight on a new day (e.g. cooldowns), will now occur at one
    hour increments throughout an Aetolian day instead, at certain time periods: Dawn, Noon,
    Dusk and Midnight. For events that happened at the start of a month (e.g. shrine upkeep),
    these have been moved to the Howling instead. Events that happened at the start of the new
    year (e.g. shop taxes), these will occur at the start of a season instead. Some
    messages/help files may be inconsistent for the next few days (i.e. referring to actions
    happening once a day), but feel free to bug these anyway to be doubly sure we get them all.
    Lastly, as a result of Primus Abhorash absorbing Ati, the Praenomen class has received
    some minor changes. At dead midnight (which lasts for approximately 4 minutes), the
    Praenomen class is significantly increased in strength, gaining 21 to all stats, and
    faster balance and equilibrium. And on the flipside, at dead noon, the sun will deal
    significantly more damage to them, and will kill most vampires outright.

Where can I read about the RP related to the Consanguine changes btw? Like the "Abhorash absorbing ati" part.
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    If you're interested in RP, you can also try asking around ICly. These changes are relatively recent.
    @emelle Ah, I was looking through announce. Events makes more sense, thanks.

@sarita Unfortunately I've been spending all my time exploring/hunting/fishing and don't actually know anyone in game really (part of the rogue concept I'm starting with). Seems weird to ask random people "Hey, so what was up with Abhorash? I'm not even a full Consanguine yet nor do I pay attention to the news but I somehow know that something happened."
    @emelle I'm now sitting here on my lunch break reading through the Events news section from the beginning. Thanks alot :p
    Emelle
    You can check the dates on the post and compare it to your character age. Chances are your character was alive and old enough to have witnessed some of what went on, and a lot of what is in the events posts are usually considered to be fairly common knowledge. During the event, there was a period of time when the sun didn't rise at all anywhere on the continent, for example. Unless your character was completely isolated growing up, he would probably at least have a general idea either from rumors or stories being shared about how that ended since it was such a global thing. Beyond that, played characters and organizations are usually considered to be a lot more famous across Sapience than most NPCs. If your character has any reason to understand that they were involved in an event, or that they are involved in organizations that may know more about it, it's not really random.
    @sarita Sounds good then. I'll see about trying to break into a conversation about it perhaps then.
  • edited March 2016
    sooo... just sat through midnight and not only did my stats not boost up to 21, but my eq/bal recovery didn't get better.

Gonna bug that, unless there's a random event that I missed. Again.

(This might just be a me problem, though)

You do have to be in Praenomen class for it to affect you. Simply having the vampire subrace but being in a different class won't do it.
    Draiman
    Yeah. You only get the negatives with the subrace. What a time to be alive.

• Huh.. that's different.. I could've sworn it used to be that way no matter your class.. Well! I suppose not being able to do anything meaningful in daylight is a fair trade for no boons... but that's just me being bitter.

• JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    The negatives go through that vampire sunlight Artie?
  • No idea. I don't have 500cr to just throw around, though. All my credits are dedicated, already.

• The noon negatives do, yes @jensen. Being a vampire and in any other class, all the cons none of the pros, what'd you want, something that seems fair and reasonable?
    DraimanRiluo