Indorani is now prohibitively expensive to play

EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baenCanada
With the gold nerfs and comm changes Indorani has become way too expensive to play. Wood costs ~180 and each comm yields 8 or 16 cards depending on whether or not you have a carving knife. That means it costs around 11-22 gold per card fling and it's not uncommon to use 400 cards in an even fight. That comes out to 4,400-8,800 gold per fight. Wood is also extremely hard to obtain at the moment so even with unlimited income fighting as Indorani is unsustainable.

Cards are already bad enough but Indorani also have to use gold for pacts and venoms. Even before gold nerfs this rate of gold consumption would have been hard to sustain, after the nerf it's impossible.

I think it'd be reasonable to eliminate the need for cards altogether. Venoms and pacts already put the class on the higher end of gold expenditure, cards just push it into ridiculous territory.
DraimanTozTragerAkaraXavinFaerahValingarLim

Comments

• DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    Before it's said by someone, obtaining pacts by essence does not fix this problem nor does it mean the problem doesn't exist.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    This isn't going to make the problem go away but it could be a bandaid until we fix the problem.  Please speak with me in game to come up with a commodity solution for that class/guild.  Hopefully we can alleviate the burden until something better arises
    Didi
  • Yes, this is very annoying. @Valingar and I were having a fun (I hope :) ) fight when I suddenly realised, meep, cards ran out. Again. And that's after just buying a lot more. They should really just be unlimited and conjured through magic.
  • KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    Classleads will be opening up soon, so feel free to submit a report about it then. Probably won't do away with cards though, there's a code reliance on certain cards needing to be physical objects, like the Death and Hermit tarots.
  • I think it'd be fine to cut down on comm use for Indo by making inroom Tarots free of card cost, maybe by having the tarot cards just not be consumed or simply return to blank cards after being flung. Maybe have cards only be consumed if used at range (doppie, star tarot).

But if it's not mechanically possible to remove the card restrictions, could consider simply vastly increasing the cards Indo get per wood comm, like by 10x. I wouldn't imagine making cards takes much wood.

And maybe add a lumberjacking skillset to fight the wood commodity issue, a skillset that gets buffs if you sing while cutting down trees.
    EmelleEzalorIshin
  • Keroc said:

Classleads will be opening up soon, so feel free to submit a report about it then. Probably won't do away with cards though, there's a code reliance on certain cards needing to be physical objects, like the Death and Hermit tarots.

So uh, what are Indo supposed to do in the meantime, with there being like 0 wood in the whole game? Not play?

...For that matter, when can I expect them to GTFO my wood comms so I can start hoarding for forging again? When are classleads opening?

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    Classleads will happen in three days, which is why I'm recommending holding out for them. It's easier to have everything sorted through at once since its pretty close by. They happen every three months.

Good chance we might begin early though, to get a head start on things.