The month of February 2013

Comments

• I personally think we should have a were-panda subrace, who come from a mysterious misty southern continent and practice Kung-Fu.
    KiyotanAxaiAlaron
  • Also, Cabalist combat is awesome, if you're fighting someone who is an idiot. I am fully confident in a Cabalist's ability to kill someone using Firstaid.
    KiyotanAmaraIllikaalLuna
  • GalleusGalleus Immortal
    edited March 2013
    Hookah crafting and smoking will be in the Gudugudaa talent, possibly, or not.
    Haven
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    Helpful as always. Thanks, G.
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    RhoGalleusValenaePeriluna
  • GalleusGalleus Immortal
    Kiyotan said:
    Helpful as always. Thanks, G.
    No problemo hombre.
    HavenCalipsoAxaiAldric
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    @Razmael and @Slyphe: Will either of the new Sciomancers or Ascendril make use of Crystals?
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • AlistaireAlistaire Las Vegas, Nevada
    And if not, are you changing the dominion crystal or giving us refunds?
    edited March 2013
    I personally would love to see Crystals go. People shouldn't have to 'farm' up resources just to be able to PK. I like the Shaman mechanics where you need something simple like an animal corpse or certain environments to make fetishes/masks/use bonecasting. If crystals are being kept, they should definitely make them easier to get. A large reason behind why I don't really use Ascendril is because the guild is all "GOTTA FARM DEM PEARLS IF YOU WANT CRYSTALS!" 

Edit: Of course, I do understand and respect the RP purposes behind it. But as I said, having to put a pretty decent amount of time into 'farming' materials to use your skills in combat is pretty lame. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    MacavityAldric
  • mmm, Im hoping Sciomancers get a skill that ties them to the Shadow Realm and maybe calling on fiendish creatures to harass people or some such.
  • ...you mean Domination?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

DaskalosNolaIllikaalAmaraAxai
    Silly Rivas. That'd be too much like thinking. 
    Rivas said:
    ...you mean Domination?
    Denomination.
    RivasArbreAldricEzalorXavinIllikaal
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    The descriptions for the new Sciomancers made me think of Pulsefire Ezreal from League of Legends.

[spoiler]image
    [/spoiler]
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Calipso
    how about now is fumology out now
    ArbreAmara
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    WHO NEEDS A MAP
    Calipso
  • edited March 2013
    Rivas said:
    ...you mean Domination?
    Not exactly. Rather than summoning multiple creatures for constant harassment, they would have but one, somewhat like Sanguis (yet not as dependable on the minion being present). Anywho my general thought about it is powers tied to the Shadow Realm. I always did enjoy the lore that was connected to the Shadow Realm and would love to see it involved more in the game by a connection with the Sciomancers. Perhaps then they could be seen more as "Mages turned to forbidden magicks for power". I could see them summoning shadow spirits to torment their foe, sucking their enemies into voids, etc.

Edit: An example of the kit could be.

Horrors: In a shrouded room, summon the terrors of the night.
    Torment: Let darkness invade your victim's mind, tormenting them into madness.
    Fiend: Summon a merciless fiend from the shadows to harass your enemies. Room must be shrouded.
    Deepnight: Let the dark remove all vision from your enemies, even with nightsight.
    Void: Suck an unwilling victim into the Shadow Realm itself, damned for eternity in darkness.

I think it has a nice creepy-powerful feel to it.
  • I think you're more likely to get an illusory creature along the lines of the current shadeling than any sort of major shadow demon.

Calipso
  • edited March 2013
    I would love to see some reference to the Mother of all Shadows o.o. Maybe the Sciomancers making some pact with her in order to gain their new skills.
    8->

Edit: Also any  chance the name of the secondary skill for Ascendrils can be changed? Arcanism seems so very lackluster and vague. Maybe something delicious like Prismatics.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Lusternia already has rainbowmancers bards same difference
    Riluo
  • I dunno, light magic seems pretty broad. I mean, look at some traditional RPG sources for examples of what light magic can do. Searing beams of light, bursts of blinding energy...even down to illusions and barriers. Magic-user classes have some of the most inherently creative skillsets imaginable. It's just down to how they're actually fleshed out. I'm excited to see what happens with them.

Lianca
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Calipso said:
    I would love to see some reference to the Mother of all Shadows o.o. Maybe the Sciomancers making some pact with her in order to gain their new skills.
    8->

Edit: Also any  chance the name of the secondary skill for Ascendrils can be changed? Arcanism seems so very lackluster and vague. Maybe something delicious like Prismatics.
    The Shadow Mother isn't something you make a pact with, it's a dangerous being that can and has threatened even Severn, His domain being shadow. 

Arcanism sounds more robust than Prismatics. 

ArbreCalipso
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    I would go Ascendril if they got light magic and I could be like Lux from League of Legends and shoot lasers. Pew pew.
    AlexinaCalipsoLin
    Seir said:
    I would go Ascendril if they got light magic and I could be like Lux from League of Legends and shoot lasers. Pew pew.
    Augh! I'm hit. Lyncher down! I repeat: Lyncher down!
    havenbanner2
    SerriceRho
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Play Lux.

Spam /laugh.

Enjoy rage.
    RhoCalipso
  • edited March 2013
    Seir said:

LAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZEEEEEEEEEER

Lux Lux Lux!
    Lin
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    (waits quietly for Tracking, resins, and wrist mounted crossbows)

AlistaireAngweNola
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Okay, yeah, can Ascendril please have a giant laser? Really.
    CiarelleCalipso
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    Only if they can shout out something as epic as DEMACIA!!! while doing it.
    ENORIAN!!!

That epic enough? :D
    havenbanner2
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Pretty sure at this point they'd be shouting Duiran.

CiarelleCalipso