Artifact ideas

Comments

• Cache expansions for single items. I don't want to shell out the money for cache expansion for everything but I would pay a cheaper price to add a few more tarot cards. >.>
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    can we get an artifact that severely slows or even fully stops the onset of madness for shapeshifter?
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    NeithanErzsebetArbreLleminara
  • Flowercache expansion? Currently caps at 250.

For that matter, being able to buy a flowercache on its own, divorced of floristry would be neat. Have an alt that cooks, and some designs for cakes that use real flowers as decorations, but she wouldn't know what to do with floral arrangements, so much.

Just a thought, anyhow.
    imageimage
  • I was thinking a Templar artifact that let you have an additional aura up, would be pretty neat. A restriction would be that you could only have one offensive aura and one defensive aura up at a time.
    Melantha says, "Just as I have earned the title of Mistress." You say, "Oh, I thought you got that other ways." You cough softly. Melantha tilts her head curiously at you. Melantha asks, "Is that something I should punch you for?" You look at Melantha and give her a sad nod. Melantha thrusts her arm out in a quick jab at you. She connects! Melantha asks, "Do try to avoid that in the future, hm?"
  • I just NOW found this thread, and so I'm moving my arti idea from the smaller ideas thread to over here, sorry for posting this idea twice, I didn't know this thread existed...

maybe a special fluidcache-linked venom rag that lets us apply venoms directly from the fluidcache? Make it worth iron coins, and keep the other venom rag that is already in place that applies the random venom when used?
    The rushing sound of waves breaking upon a shore fills your mind as Slyphe imparts to you, "Meltas is a bit..special sometimes..."
    AishiaFanico
  • AvishaiAvishai Portland, Oregon
    So the FISHING SPEAR artifact, from an RP level I really really want to get it.
    From a use level, its absolutely terrible, using it once an hour to instantly catch a single fish is -not- worth 100cr, I can fish with a regular pole and catch many fish in an hour, to calculate the reward vs cost would take literal days on end of hour single fish catches.

A suggestion would be: Make the fishing spear a substitute for the fishing pole, have it have a much higher miss rate, need to be rewielded to be thrown, and allow it to replace a fishing pole as a cosmetic item, either that or increase the catch time, even one fish every 10 minutes would make sense, and i would be okay with a slight increase of cost, but I cannot justify getting it despite -really- wanting it.

Talent Suggestion:

-Reelmaster-

Lures - Cosmetic lures, can be worn like charms or attached to poles created by a reelmaster for a slight addition
    (IE: Varian is here wielding a simple wooden rod. A small, painted lure bobs through the water) - Small fishing buff - CAN BE SOLD
    Syntax: ATTACH LURE TO POLE

Bait - Ability to forage for things like sand shrimp (Beaches) worms (forests) grubs (rainforests) etc. Syntax: ATTACH BAIT TO POLE
    Small fishing buff ONLY FOR FORAGER

Rods - Custom rods of varying woods - A sturdy ironwood fishing rod

Buckets - A klaio bronze bucket, dripping with condensation is here - Acts like the regular basic fishing buckets

Tackle Box- Able to store Reelmaster items - A container for bait and lures - CAN BE SOLD

IshinLleminaraMihaketiFanico
  • I agree with the above regarding the fishing spear, though my suggestion is a bit different.

Idea #198 Section: unassigned Support: 0
    2016/03/17 06:48:54: As it stands, the fishing spear artifact is a pointless 100cr money sink. As
    the idea of using a spear is a lot more appropriate to some characters/cultures than a fishing pole,
    I wish to suggest making it a 'rod' in line with the other fishing mechanics and materials, using
    the following replacement messages: http://sprunge.us/SYAV The artifact spear could be exactly the
    same as the artifact rod, as the spear ability is nice but not very useful considering the ease with
    which fish can be caught in the timeframe of an hour.
    AvishaiFanicoLait
  • AvishaiAvishai Portland, Oregon
    edited March 2016
    Yes this! ^ ^ ^ ^

I got the spear despite my better judgement, I have to say im not really a fan of it, nor would I recommend it, its more buggy when used in conjunction with fishing and doesn't really have any benefit aside from me throwing a spear once every thirty minutes.

I would love to see it made useful, I want exactly what you explained and that is what I thought it would be, from an RP level makes more sense for me to use a spear but I dont think I can trade it in now, heck if it doubled as a weapon spear I would have been fine with that, but for the cost, its not really special or anything useful.
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    I will sell my car to buy an artifact target dummy that utilizes first aid that I can beat up. Or just let me log on an alt and park it in my Haven and you can shrub me forever and ever if I ever move it out of the Haven so I can give it my system and fight myself. Please please please.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

Illikaal
  • @Razmael, @Adminteam:

When you step into a room with the shadow flair active, you get this message:

Dimming the surrounding light, you step in from the north.

Can this be changed as making the room you're standing in 'darkened' much like how the darkness artifact works? Reason being, you're dimming the light via shadows, so the room should really be darkened then, yes?
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• Sounds like you're dimming the light, not completely dispelling it as darkness does.
  • Dimming or darkening.... is like saying tomato or tomato (tomahto). They're essentially the same thing.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

Atrapoema
  • Flairs are a purely cosmetic effect, were advertised that way, and will remain that way. Darkening a room is a mechanical effect.
    Atrapoema
  • Zsadist said:

Dimming or darkening.... is like saying tomato or tomato (tomahto). They're essentially the same thing.

You can dim the room without completely darkening it, as darkness does and as you were suggesting. It's not a matter of tomato/tomahto, and they're not the same thing.
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    edited September 2016
    I would definitely pay for an artifact that gives you more than six auction slots. Especially in a time where I have characters with 20+ chocolates -after- giving a ton of them away. Though IMO 6 as a default is a little low. Think it should be upped to 10, and an artifact should be created that doubles it.

For that matter, why do chocolates even decay. It makes sense from an RP perspective but not from a monetary one. We shouldn't be punished for spending a ton of credits on spins--before I gave a ton of them away, I had 40 some-odd chocolates. Even if I bashed non-stop, constantly, no sleep, no work, no life, nothing, there's not enough time to use that many chocolates before a decent chunk of them decay. And of course, I -do- have to sleep and eat and shower and work and so on.
    imageimage
    Zaila
  • I think they're kind of from an era where they were considered a HUGE buff and we didn't want like every combatant to constantly be chocced out on strawbs and hazelnuts for every major pk event and stuff. That kind have has flipped around over the years now, so they're a lot more available pretty much all the time even between promos.
  • I can't remember if someone suggested it, although I'm sure it must have been, but I'll go ahead and mention it again (if it has been). An artifact that lets you change heritage. Would buy 100%. Although on a separate but related note, some of the heritage abilities kinda suck in comparison to others. Some have such a short use with a long cooldown as opposed to others that you can benefit from 100% of the time.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    Aishia
  • I'm sure it has been suggested before, but I think it would be nice to have an artifact that allows for more than one mercantile skill (and stackable or consumable so that you can learn most/all of them). While I don't personally have a use for the other skills right now, depending what classes I take later I might want venoms and forging in addition to concoctions.

Idea examples:
    L1 mercantile_expansion a merchant's guide 200cr
    L2 400cr, L3 800cr

or as a token -
    forging_token a blacksmith's manual 200cr
    venoms_token a venantium pair of fangs 200cr
    ~ You mis like a Gallant.
    Leana
  • MazarineMazarine the best maze ever
    They have something like this on the artifact auction every so often. If I remember correctly, it went for 2000 credits this past auction. 
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    edited January 2017
    I know this thread might be dead, but I wanna put up an idea and don't wanna make a new thread, so here you guys go:

With Fishing's formula being kind of borked in how "realistic" it tries to be (You guys ever try fishing in any of the ice fishing spots, or that sandbar near Enorian? Those places are ALWAYS fished out. Like..doesn't even unicornsing regenerate fish anymore. That's how bad it is) we need an artie or an item that can allow us to sort of "force" a restock of fish.

So I've got two artifacts to offer:

Bag of fish bait (1 time use): 25 credits (or like 10k gold if you wanna add a gold sink I know I'd invest in.)

Lets the adventurer throw out bait, causing a freeding frenzy to occur within the fishing spot and forcefully refresh the fishing spot to maximum catchable fish for that one session, the fishing spot then goes into a "cooldown" until the next howling to prevent abusing several of these in a row.

Satchel of Fish Bait (Multi-use): 800 credits/500 iron coins (or around 500k gold, if you REALLY want to add a gold sink, and I'm using that arti gauntlet the pylon merchants sell sometimes as precedent for this sort of item in this goldsink case)

Basically the same as above, except unlimited/multi use for the avid fisherman who doesn't want the bait bags cutting into their profits. subject to the same restrictions as the bag of fish bait.

would this be reasonably doable/considerable @Oleis ?
    ArbreLeana
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Axius said:

(You guys ever try fishing in any of the ice fishing spots, or that sandbar near Enorian? Those places are ALWAYS fished out. Like..doesn't even unicornsing regenerate fish anymore. That's how bad it is)

I bugged this problem because I don't think it's an issue of players fishing it out anymore.
  • Gorgon Lucky Charm

Artifact power: Stoneform
    - LOOK AT CHARM to activate
    -- Turns the user to stone, preventing any action against them (even passive movement abilities like abduction) similar to grace.
    -- Prevents the user from conducting any action aside from mental communication: Tells, CT, GT, OT etc, since they've turned to stone. (Have a little 'The statue of Leana wobbles as if trying to move.' emote if they try)
    -- Takes 10 seconds to activate and can only be activated if aggression allows (Like when changing class).
    -- Has a fun activation emote and third-party room description: Taking on a grayish tint, Leana has turned to stone in a rather dignified pose. (Or something more clever)
    -- User must TIP OVER to break free, causing them to lose 50% health and Mana.
    -- No cooldown if used in a city. (If possible)
    -- Not usable in ylem aura zones.

This is for the power idlers who idle in their haven due to fear of being messed with on Aetolia proper. With this artifact, they don't need to hide away in their haven!

This way the game looks a bit more full and the idling becomes a bit more in character. As long as the startup and use is restricted (and the cooldown is not ridiculous), it shouldn't be abused.

RhoynnAxiusRhyotAloliSatomiKodazaVyxsis
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Yeah, I'm going to check fishing out and make a few needed adjustments once we get through some of these bigger changes.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
  • 100cr ice skates that let you dash on ice.

Horseshoes that allow a mount to gallop on ice.
    FezzixAishiaRunasAisling
  • edited January 2017
    Artifact rags. Put 'em in Cryptic Chests/Giftbags/Wheel of Fates too, please.
    CinarraRhyot
  • An artifact that lets you change your heritage. One-time use.
    A more impressive one that lets you change your heritage whenever you want AND does something else useful, like let you still use another heritage's skill.

Aloli
  • edited February 2017
    Please. Please. Please. Please. Please. Please. Please.

Let ARTICALL recall my fucking shock sigil if it's attached to something. I can't find the mono it's attached to and I fucking need it right now.

Please.

Edited: Oops. Specific targeting does the trick
    LeanaZaila
  • I'm thinking a cosmetic Iron coin artifact would be neat for situations.

A hair dyekit. Cost 5-10 iron coins. Consumed on use. Adds a colored line to your description depending on what color you pick. Possibly temporary, possibly permanent needing another dyekit to remove. Sorta like the facepaints that Skythrone had. I know there are only a few basic colors to use, but if we could include all the shades normally found in the dyekit if we make a line for each to describe what shade it is.

Like buy one, command dye hair sunset. You vigorously rub the dye into your hair until it takes on a vibrant new color. Then in your description you'd have a line that shows up in yellow and says something like The strands of their hair are colored like the last light of the day. Or say amethyst, line shows up purple and is something like The curls of their hair flow with a regal purple hue.

Just think it would be a fun flavor thing we could do mechanically that many already RP doing.
    RhoynnAoiErzsebetAloli
  • Tina said:

I'm thinking a cosmetic Iron coin artifact would be neat for situations.

A hair dyekit. Cost 5-10 iron coins. Consumed on use. Adds a colored line to your description depending on what color you pick. Possibly temporary, possibly permanent needing another dyekit to remove. Sorta like the facepaints that Skythrone had. I know there are only a few basic colors to use, but if we could include all the shades normally found in the dyekit if we make a line for each to describe what shade it is.

Like buy one, command dye hair sunset. You vigorously rub the dye into your hair until it takes on a vibrant new color. Then in your description you'd have a line that shows up in yellow and says something like The strands of their hair are colored like the last light of the day. Or say amethyst, line shows up purple and is something like The curls of their hair flow with a regal purple hue.

Just think it would be a fun flavor thing we could do mechanically that many already RP doing.

I actually remember someone mentioning to me that one of the other IRE games had something very similar to this. I can't remember which one, but I remember thinking it was a cool idea!
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.