MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Pick out the makes, models, and year ranges you'd consider.  Print out the kbb info for those or some other report. Pick out a few dealers that have those.  Look online for a used car check list and have them sign off on the condition of the car.  Go to each dealership and tell them you are shopping for their best price and make them go over the sheet.  Leave and repeat.  Don't stay and haggle and don't get sold on the first day.  If you're trading in your car too include their best offer on your trade in.  When it comes time to buy don't purchase extra packages they try and sell, but do try and have those thrown in for free.  They make more cars every day so if someone is pushy or makes you uncomfortable just leave.
    EmelleEydisHaven
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    Also: Make sure you really look over the sticker price and the financing offer, if you're financing through the dealership. Some salespeople will let you haggle them down, but then hide the difference in the financing.
    EydisSeir
    My anxiety is kicking the ever loving shit out of me today
    DidiAvishaiEmelleEydis
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    How I got a 45k car for 37k. (process as follows. Start looking at cars now ad select what you want. Wait until mid-late in the month, know the amount, do not state you have a trade-in, act like it does not matter as it is your cash they need. Then make phone calls like so.)

Hi, I am wondering if you guys are in the market to make some money. I know that sales are down so this is what I want, how much I will spend. I can be contacted on 123123123 today, tomorrow but will be in (city) to look at a car I am very interested in.)

Do this to the regional car yards and state ones. Wait 1 day for flood of calls and say no thank you I am looking else where but feel free to give me a call when you need the sale. Then do not call back. Wait a day and watch them squirm for your cash as they generally have quotas to reach by months end and will pretty much beg you to take a car.

Honestly every car I have got I have done this. Then when you get a good price offer the trade-in to get more off. Because at the end of the day they need your money and should work for it by making you happy with your purchase.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

JensenAryanneEydisIshin
  • Broke all the fingers on my left hand except my index and thumb, cracked the lenses on my brand new glasses, and have people trying to screw me out of about 12 weeks worth of pay.

And it's only Tuesday.

Going to be one of those weeks, I think...

Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
    Ishin
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Got headbutted by my dog and chipped three of my teeth. Only surface damage, so tomorrow I'm going to have to take an emory board to them so they won't be so sharp anymore.
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    That hurts just reading about it, @Kelliara and @Arbre. I hope you both get things feeling better and healing soon.
    IselleIgnotumAryanneEmelle
  • TozToz
    edited January 2016
    Kelliara said:
    Broke all the fingers on my left hand except my index and thumb, cracked the lenses on my brand new glasses, and have people trying to screw me out of about 12 weeks worth of pay. And it's only Tuesday. Going to be one of those weeks, I think...
    Jeez. If you need help quartering the week lemme know.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• I'm so ready for January to be done. Baby is sick, I'm sick, my mother got pneumonia/has to go to rehab, my mom's dog has separation anxiety/got sick/PEES EVERYFREAKINGWHERE, and other just misc health issues. I'm worn out and just so done.
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    So many sick people :( hope you all get better.

• Riluo said:

So many sick people :( hope you all get better.

OMG AETOLIA CAUSES A PLAGUE!!!!!!!!!1

(My response, in contrast to yours.)

Dristin
  • Boss wants to go forward with a study at work that requires human urine, urine hasn't arrived from the vendor yet and my manager starts asking "Well how much do we need? How many people are in today?"

I'm just gonna go home if there's a big bottle of my coworkers piss waiting on my bench after lunch. :(
    AryanneEydisIshinEmelle
  • edited February 2016
    Change.

This whiny, existential crisis that comes with graduating. It annoys even -me-, let alone poor @Zarni. lol I can't wait until I hear back from grad schools so I can make a concrete plan. I also dislike just sitting on my hands until I have an answer to my multiple contingency plans. Being without a solid plan is not conducive to a stress-free less stressful environment for someone with a Type A personality, i.e. me. lol

(Spinesreach): Xiuhcoatl says, "Oh man, grab the children-corn. This is gonna be good."
  • Life.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

TozRiluoPerilunaErzsebetIshinKonnorn
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited February 2016
    The stress of working within the mental health field has overtaking all aspects of my life. Then seeing how much of an ass I have become because of it. Last few twelve months has been a disaster with me being a real bitch to everyone. I think I need to go back to lab research again for a few years.

IshinEmelle
    I actually got to bed at a decent time. I was excited about this. Then I woke up an hour later as if I'd taken a powernap, wide awake and starving.
  • hand cramps after putting out several forest fires IGly..AND THE FRICKEN PRICE OF THOSE FLOOD RINGS IN THE IRON COIN SHOP.
    The rushing sound of waves breaking upon a shore fills your mind as Slyphe imparts to you, "Meltas is a bit..special sometimes..."
    Moxie
  • Xandren said:

hand cramps after putting out several forest fires IGly..AND THE FRICKEN PRICE OF THOSE FLOOD RINGS IN THE IRON COIN SHOP.

Do what I do, get frostbreath (endgame skill) and just FREEZE GROUND. Puts the fire in the room out.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Ishin
    PROBLEM WITH THAT. Fires return. And if you freeze the ground, fires STILL return and then you can't use frostbreath again. Learned this the hard way.
    Riluo
  • zealots are for eating fire. 
    HavenAsaraii
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Lim said:
    zealots are for eating fire. 
    Or starting them. :)
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    MoxieAryanneAvishaiEmelleErzsebetJensenTrager
  • well, it's good to prepare your own meals! 
    HavenAryanne
  • Ugh. People and their grade-school level drama.

Work in a call center. I have a giant backpack of doom. Accidentally nudged someone with it. Didn't notice, so did not immediately apologize. Person I tapped with backpack, gets all grumbly (understandably) and says '-excuse- me' and so I said, 'excuse me what?' And she's all, "You hit me with your bag." So I apologized. Immediately. And then I promptly tried to move the fuck on with life.

But apparently she didn't hear me. So she escalated the incident to a supervisor. So I told the supervisor what happened, and she said she'd handle it. Couple hours later, I'm being dragged into HR by Security along with said supervisor, who said she relayed what I had said to the other person and she said she'd accept that. But apparently not. Filed a two-page report with HR which is why I was called in. I'm not even sure how you get two pages out of what happened even if you file it in duplicate, and I'm good at excessively long description text. So I told HR what happened and it was decided that I'm not maliciously assaulting people with my backpack and they let me go back to the phones. So I thought that was done.

That was all friday. I got called into a meeting today with this person and our supervisor (not the same one as before) and we had a 36 minute meeting in which the sup requested we both just apologize and call it done, most of which was him trying to get her to understand why escalating past the first supervisor was excessive.

Seriously feels like I'm trapped in third grade here. Just. Ugh. On the upside, VTO today, so I'm done with it til tomorrow at least, and allegedly it's dropped and over now.

Other things: Sinuses. Ick. And also coughs of doom. And also being stupid sleepy all the time. These things are all grrr things.
    imageimage
    I was so angry yesterday that I couldn't write about this without the entire post just being the word unicorns over and over.

Most of you know I have a service dog. My dog is not perfect, but he is well-behaved and does his job in public. He does not create any problems. Unfortunately, sometimes we have problems going into places. I haven't had anything major, just had to explain to people that he is a service dog, but I've heard a lot of frightful stories about people I've met explaining their predicaments and having to call the cops in and such. Situations like this are the reason managers and owners are hesitant about letting dogs in.

Walking through Walmart on the way out, following Ansnom and minding my own business with Nitro beside me like he's supposed to be when we passed one of those little side shops - it might have been a salon, returns, I have no idea, I was too mad by the end to even look. Evidently there was another service dog there. Now, sometimes Nitro sees other dogs and gets excited and wants to go be friends. That's why I have a leash and verbal commands - to keep him under control when he goes into dog-mode; after all, he's still just a puppy, and even well-trained service dogs make mistakes. In this scenario, I don't blame the dog. I blame the "handler".

The dog came OUT of the little side shop at Nitro, friendly as anything, wanting to make friends - the guy evidently had let go of his leash. I started making that ENNT noise so loud I had half the store looking at me and I'm kicking my leg out, trying to keep his dog away from mine. The guy comes running out, grabs the leash, and as soon as he had ahold of his dog, I turned and left. I -should- have stayed and got management, explained their rights, and had the guy kicked out for not controlling his dog. Because that's, you know, against federal law here in the US.

I have NEVER heard of a case like this before, and it absolutely BAFFLES me, to have a service dog and not keep ahold of the leash. I keep Nitro's over my neck so I still have control over him even when my hands are full, but damn, even if you don't know that trick, there's this well-known loop at the end where your wrist goes through. Man I left there so angry, I was -fuming- when I got home. This is the reason so many people who are responsible and have well-trained service dogs have such trouble taking their dogs out into public - because of people who are stupid. I mean, no matter how well-trained your dog is, they're ultimately still -animals-, and something small and unknown to us could still tick them and they could have ended in a dog fight in the middle of Walmart. Man, I'm still so angry about it.
  • Im not sure what the rules, laws, and regulations are on service dogs, but now you can get a service dog for just about anything, ranging from depression and anxiety to blindness/other handicaps. Based off your story, it sounds like one of those types of people who claimed their dog was a service dog, but was more in fact, just a trained house dog.... which is probably why it didnt respond to the normal commands a service dog might respond to.

Reason I say that, is because I've seen people claim pomeranians or chihuahuas that are carried in purses as a damned service dog. While its not right, I wish there was some sort of legal form that you had to carry that says your dog is an authorized service dog. Again, not sure if thats a thing or not, but if it isnt, it should be. It would give legitimate owners of service dogs abit more leeway with companies and going in public.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

US federal law states that any dog can be a service dog (and miniature ponies!), and there is no legal paperwork required. The organization I got my dog from, the owner is a professional consultant to the Florida State House of Representatives and recently helped push through a new law punishing people for faking service dogs. That being said, she explained to us that because federal law doesn't require the paperwork, the state can't trump that, and although everyone I've talked to - myself included - thinks there should be some sort of government registration required, the only way to get it through is to go on the federal level. Unfortunately that makes it VERY hard to push through.
    ZsadistAryanne
  • AvishaiAvishai Portland, Oregon
    @Arbre - You handled the situation correctly and did everything right, unfortunately in this scenario you were faced with someone who did not bear the right responsibilities for their service dog. Your quick thinking though prevented a situation that could have arisen and also protected your companion. If anything it is good to know there are people like you who follow the rules and legitimately deserve their service dogs, because like @Zsadist has said there are plenty who get them just for discounts or pet permits in apartments that dont normally allow them.

A bit silly.

I am glad you have such an awesome service dog though he sounds wonderful and well behaved, and you are a pretty awesome person for the dog to have as well. ...its one of those -sigh- walmart moments, but maybe write a letter to them explaining that service dogs must be on leashes and explain your scenario...they may be more understanding than not.

Sorry that a good day went kinda poopy D:
    Zsadist
  • Since when can a state not trump federal law??? Colorado and Washington have legalized marijuana for casual use, but its still illegal on a federal level. I'm sure if they can trump federal law on a drug, the states can press forward with making it a requirement to have authorization papers for service dogs.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

Erzsebet
    From what I've read, ADA laws trump state laws in court when it protects the disabled person. Making stricter requirements on service dogs on a state level would technically be weakening the federal rights of a disabled person.

As for anything getting qualified as a service animal, that is partly true do to the ambiguity of what a disability can be. Need an animal to help deal with anxiety in public? Sure why not. I don't mind rules that make it easier for people who need the service. I know there will always be jackasses that take advantage of it, but it isn't them who suffer from stricter regulations

• TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    Zsadist said:

Since when can a state not trump federal law??? Colorado and Washington have legalized marijuana for casual use, but its still illegal on a federal level. I'm sure if they can trump federal law on a drug, the states can press forward with making it a requirement to have authorization papers for service dogs.

Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

Iselle