CHANGELOG #1115 - No Cryptic Chests

2»

Comments

• edited January 2016
    Really random, since there'll probably be more hearts/eyes/pills on the market, can we make these items cacheable?

Referring to the posted tiered bags you can buy now.

Edit

Actually, I have questions about these bags.

So you posted the items available in each tier. If I'm not interested in relic pieces, does this mean taking a gold prizebag will lower my chances to get globes and mints, because there's a chance to get a relic? Or do uncommon prizes have a higher chance to show up in gold bags?
    I mean, you know, an amount.

• With the change up and goldbag options, does this mean that venom rags are now officially out of the game for any form of purchase? The hope of getting lucky with a cryptic chest and getting a rag had been my main desire for buying those.

Kelliara
  • Xenia said:

With the change up and goldbag options, does this mean that venom rags are now officially out of the game for any form of purchase? The hope of getting lucky with a cryptic chest and getting a rag had been my main desire for buying those.

The answer to this, at the moment, seems to be yes. The new bags don't feature the venom rag.
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
  • Kelliara said:

Xenia said:

With the change up and goldbag options, does this mean that venom rags are now officially out of the game for any form of purchase? The hope of getting lucky with a cryptic chest and getting a rag had been my main desire for buying those.

@Kelliara, ftfy

Trager
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    You can still get chests with iron coins as far as I know.
  • Aishia said:

Ah I think whoever screwed the credit market over might have screwed themselves over too though. Dumping all your gold just before the bottom falls out of your gold earning method is probably not the wisest thing. It will stabilize over time. With gold being more dear it might shake out to being cheaper than before eventually once people calm down. >_> There will be more gold sinks!

Actually it's a super good idea, because they're making it harder to convert gold to credits as time goes on. Cash in as much gold into credits as fast as possible before it gets difficult to do; if the credit market dries up and/or there aren't better gold sinks put in soon, you'll be stuck sitting on a pile of worthless coins.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• @Aishia, I meant purchasing with gold, but I guess buying IC with gold, then buying chests with IC is one method!

• So.... I've been sitting here racking my brains and scratching my head at the prizebags. Follow me for a second while I rant....

You have 15k/50k/75k prizebags, each with their own sets of rewards. Good philosophy.
    You have different tiered rewards in each prizebag: Common, Uncommon, Rare. Normal philosophy for pretty much every game out there.
    You only get one item per tier, even though each tier bag is more expensive than the last. I'm sorry, what?

I've played many online games and I've never had a game (except for Dawn of the Dragons, which is a Facebook game) actually go and keep a single item limit on each increasing reward bag/chest. Now, not everyone in the game is super rich, or even has time to bash 15/50/75k every few days... and those who do and want to take a gamble (will more usually than not) only receive one of the shit-for-dick pills/hearts that are labeled in the Common tier, regardless of the prizebag they buy. This indicates that its far better to just spend money on the Bronze bag (15k) than any other bag... or none at all.

This brings us to a minor/moderate issue. Prizebags are practically worthless, even for a gold sink. Nobody in their right mind will likely buy any prizebags unless 1) they're doing it for the lolz, 2) they got tons of gold to blow, or 3) they just REALLY like to gamble for basically 0 payout. Thus, this make prizebags a null/void goldsink, which is the opposite of what it should be.

So, here's my proposal (@Razmael, @Keroc, @Hadrak, @Admins, please feel free to chime in with your thoughts on this):

Leave the items in the bags as they are, however, make the following changes:

Bronze Prizebag: You get 2 items from the bag.
    Silver Prizebag: You get 3 items from the bag.
    Gold Prizebag: You get 4 items from the bag.

The above solution will likely see a higher increase in desire to want to purchase prizebags and a more reasonable fix to goldsinks. Likewise, it keeps the drop rates the same, but lets you roll the dice a few more times than just once. I really hope this gets viewed and considered in the Pools as it just seems the logical thing to do to help the players of Aetolia have fun with their gold.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

RiluoXeniaErzsebet
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    I purchase one of each tier and got a pill, a pill and a pill. That was the last I bothered.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• I purchased a 50k one and got a red bulls eye.. which I had over 10 of already.. NEVER going to bother it again I thought youd at least get 2 prizes and 3 for the 75k .. :/
    MayhemHunting - Discord Chat - CLANHELP MAY (ingame)

• They don't even come close to breaking even. Not even occasionally. Not that the chests were good for that always--it -is- a gamble, but you at least had a reasonable chance to break even.

The only things that'd let you break even in this are (maybe) the chocolates, if you get them in the bronze bag, (maybe) the page, if the one you get is coveted, and (maybe) the globe. Not sure how much their value has gone down since the gold drops got nerfed to hell. Plus some (though only about a third of them) of the set pieces.

Used to regularly buy chests to get rid of surplus gold. Will never buy these. So unless there are reasonable credits, I don't really have anything to buy.

Tl;dr, we need more gold sinks that are actually worth buying.
    imageimage
    Alexina
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    Definitely need more gold sinks.
    Erzsebet
  • The thing I find most disturbing about prizebags is that the commons remain the same no matter what level of bag you're buying. I can get a phoenix heart if I'm buying a bronze at 15k or a gold at 75k. The prizes should be scaled according to the tier of prizebag you purchase and the higher tiers having more drop chances. So take for example the bronze bags. I have an equal chance of getting a heart, eye, grimstim, or omnipotence. Instead, change it where hearts and eyes are common, pills (either) uncommon, and chocolates rare. You get one drop.

For silver bags, remove hearts and eyes, drop pills to common, chocolates uncommon, move compendium pages to rare, or leave them as uncommon but perhaps include relic pieces for relics that decay as a secondary rare drop. You get two random drops from the bag.

For gold bags, remove pills, drop chocolates to common, but with 4 of them you still only have a 25% chance of getting the one you want. Uncommon compendium pages, as well as possible dropping globes to uncommon. Rares could be relic pieces for permanent relics only such as shield pieces or racial add-ons, and/or possibly a new item or two with a very low drop rate as a very rare. You get 3 random drops from gold.

You would have to scale up the cost of the prizebags with the increased rewards but at least people could buy bags according to what items in specific they're looking for, and possibly get lucky with something that they can sell to other players for some kind of return or trade.
    ZsadistAvishaiErzsebetToz
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    Cost is already scaled up based on bag type.

Incidentally, I might actually buy bags that scaled like/in a similar manner to this.
    imageimage