Some questions from an other-IRE player.

2»

Comments

• edited January 2016
    Hm, I guess I'll just bite the bullet and go Teradrim in the guild. You can be a vampire Teradrim too, in the guild, from what I gather, right? Can you just become a nightstalker and then join the guild and be vampire 'race' even while in Teradrim class? How does multiclass and joining guilds work? I'm asking from a mechanics standpoint here, of course.
  • edited January 2016
    If you want to be a vampire in the Teradrim, you need to be embraced. Nightstalker isn't considered a Vampire, just elevated undead. You can join the Teradrim, join a House as one of the Undead, then work your Tera skills up until you can multiclass before getting embraced, if you wanted. Either way, you'll need to get one class duo trans or tri virtuoso before you can get the other. (Unless these rituals they say they are coming out with will include the one that makes vamps without giving class)

I'm not sure if getting embraced then forgetting vamp force-cures you or not. Pretty sure it doesn't.

@Valingar thx for the reference. It's very possible that I didn't have the class slot unlocked yet so it was trying to tell me "340cr to get the class!" 3 months ago, though, so I can't remember either way.

Questionalt
  • Hm, so apprentice-ship doesn't remove the duo-trans/tri-virtuoso requirement, for instance?
  • Well, vampire class works differently compared to the other classes. You can't just be apprenticed in it, unfortunately. Nightstalker is considered the 'novice' rank of the class and embrace is gr3, essentially. It's one of the only classes you can't get with multiclassing and switch between until you've managed to get the full thing. It's because the class is permanent (unless you go through a cure process) once you get embraced. So, I'd go through the process Satomi suggested of joining a house, work on Teradrim, then work on getting embraced. It'll still require the whole apprenticeship stuff to do.

If you speak to @Sarita in-game about this sort of stuff, she'll be glad to explain all of it. She's both the GM of the Teradrim and leader of a consanguine house, so she's very familiar with the ins and outs. We are indeed waiting, as @Satomi said, to see if there will be a ritual again to change you into a vampire without the skills (IE, you get to be undead and get to show you're a vampire on your desc without having to learn the class). That ritual can be done without any apprenticeship requirements because it doesn't give you any skillsets.
    Questionalt
  • Dristin said:

Well, vampire class works differently compared to the other classes. You can't just be apprenticed in it, unfortunately. Nightstalker is considered the 'novice' rank of the class and embrace is gr3, essentially. It's one of the only classes you can't get with multiclassing and switch between until you've managed to get the full thing. It's because the class is permanent (unless you go through a cure process) once you get embraced. So, I'd go through the process Satomi suggested of joining a house, work on Teradrim, then work on getting embraced. It'll still require the whole apprenticeship stuff to do.

If you speak to @Sarita in-game about this sort of stuff, she'll be glad to explain all of it. She's both the GM of the Teradrim and leader of a consanguine house, so she's very familiar with the ins and outs. We are indeed waiting, as @Satomi said, to see if there will be a ritual again to change you into a vampire without the skills (IE, you get to be undead and get to show you're a vampire on your desc without having to learn the class). That ritual can be done without any apprenticeship requirements because it doesn't give you any skillsets.

So what happens if I tried to go the other way around? Can you only get embraced at a certain skill level, or what stops me from getting embraced, then apprenticing as Teradrim without duo-trans/tri-virt vampire?

What's the kind of ETA on that ritual, is it a just around the corner thing, or a far future thing?
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    The one thing about getting class or I guess race, as a vampire is it's almost always like a 1v1 relationship rather than a you vs the guild relationship. It's not so much a skill level or advancement thing but it usually has tasks and reqs like getting a class would but from someone SPECIFIC, usually the one giving them to you is deciding when to make you a vampire.
  • Dristin said:

Well, vampire class works differently compared to the other classes. You can't just be apprenticed in it, unfortunately. Nightstalker is considered the 'novice' rank of the class and embrace is gr3, essentially. It's one of the only classes you can't get with multiclassing and switch between until you've managed to get the full thing. It's because the class is permanent (unless you go through a cure process) once you get embraced. So, I'd go through the process Satomi suggested of joining a house, work on Teradrim, then work on getting embraced. It'll still require the whole apprenticeship stuff to do.

So what happens if I tried to go the other way around? Can you only get embraced at a certain skill level, or what stops me from getting embraced, then apprenticing as Teradrim without duo-trans/tri-virt vampire?

What's the kind of ETA on that ritual, is it a just around the corner thing, or a far future thing?
    I can't guarantee the ritual is coming back - I honestly don't know what rituals are in the list that are coming back here in the upcoming future. So, I wouldn't plan around it. I was just stating what Satomi was mentioning to better elaborate on it.

You can be embraced at any stage of skill so long as you have a person willing to do the embrace. However, like Aishia has said, you have to meet requirements. Unlike a guild, you don't get access to the third skillset once you get promoted out of novicehood. As a nightstalker, you get to learn 100% adept in mentis/corpus. If you get sired, you can learn up to 100% expert (it may be gifted, I can't remember right now) in corpus/mentis but no third skillset. Then, you get embraced and have full access to all three. It's usually easier on a new player to go with another class and then pick up vampire later because of that fact.

However, you are still going to have to meet the apprenticeship requirements in order to take on Teradrim as well so that you can switch between the two. It'd be the same thing if you had Teradrim and wanted to then get vampire - you'd have to meet the apprenticeship requirements before you could pick up the second class. The only class that doesn't enforce that is shapeshifter because it's not tied to that system and doesn't involve multi-classing.
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Since I came up as a good person to talk to, I just wanted to say that you can feel free to PM me here, or message/talk to me in game if you have a character that you've been using to check the game out. I wasn't really keeping an eye on the thread when it turned into a discussion about all the different classes, so sorry about that.
  • edited January 2016
    Dristin said:

Dristin said:

I can't guarantee the ritual is coming back - I honestly don't know what rituals are in the list that are coming back here in the upcoming future. So, I wouldn't plan around it. I was just stating what Satomi was mentioning to better elaborate on it.

You can be embraced at any stage of skill so long as you have a person willing to do the embrace. However, like Aishia has said, you have to meet requirements. Unlike a guild, you don't get access to the third skillset once you get promoted out of novicehood. As a nightstalker, you get to learn 100% adept in mentis/corpus. If you get sired, you can learn up to 100% expert (it may be gifted, I can't remember right now) in corpus/mentis but no third skillset. Then, you get embraced and have full access to all three. It's usually easier on a new player to go with another class and then pick up vampire later because of that fact.

However, you are still going to have to meet the apprenticeship requirements in order to take on Teradrim as well so that you can switch between the two. It'd be the same thing if you had Teradrim and wanted to then get vampire - you'd have to meet the apprenticeship requirements before you could pick up the second class. The only class that doesn't enforce that is shapeshifter because it's not tied to that system and doesn't involve multi-classing.
    Ah, okay! I wouldn't mind waiting and meeting requirements to be embraced and such, really. But the way HELP MULTICLASS is worded:
    There are two avenues to multiclassing. You may join a new class as
    long as you hold Master status in your existing class, which is defined
    as having either two Transcendent or three Virtuoso+ skills in your
    current class(es). You may also seek out a Master from the guild whose
    class you wish to acquire and request that they offer you
    Apprenticeship.
    it makes it sound like it's either 2trans/3virt OR find someone to apprentice you. I guess I read that wrong, and you need 2trans/3virt even if you find someone to apprentice you?

Also you've all been super helpful, it's great! Thank you.
  • 2trans OR 3 virt.. AND someone to apprentice you. You have to meet the lesson requirement.

the only way in game to get another class (multiclass) is finding someone to apprentices you but without the trans/virt you cant.
    MayhemHunting - Discord Chat - CLANHELP MAY (ingame)

Questionalt
  • edited January 2016
    @Questionalt Yeah.. the wording on that one.. It may be a bit outdated because I remember when I first started, I learned Teradrim despite only having Carnifex at Trans Savagery, Virtuoso-ish Deathlore, and Expert Warhounds. I didn't question it at the time because Teradrim was the awesome and I loved the living bits out of it.

That having been said, I couldn't get a third class until I completed the requirements for both. I got Tera when Sato was around 20, my 3rd class was 4-6-ish IG years later... so... it was very likely fixed or changed.

• ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    A little bit late to the game here, but last I checked, you could get embraced and then quit class if you want the race but not the skills. It does not force-cure you. Though it's worth noting that without the skills, all you really get are the vampire downsides, so it's not super worth it to go that route.

Also, you -can- apprentice people into the vampire class. It skips the nightstalker/thrall/fledgling phases though and jumps straight to the embrace, so the number of vampires willing to do it is a little lower than with other classes.
    imageimage