MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    *hugs* Get better, @Mariena !

AvishaiEmelleAryanneMariena
  • <3 Mariena

(Spinesreach): Xiuhcoatl says, "Oh man, grab the children-corn. This is gonna be good."
    MarienaAsaraii
  • Star Wars.

Hnghhhh.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

AryanneHaven
  • Draiman said:

Star Wars.

Hnghhhh.

For the sake of clarity, is your issue with the new Star Wars film itself? Or people constantly going on about it? Or Star Wars in general?

Or Star Wars, as in the real thing, and not the fictional story about laser-sword wielding magicians?
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
  • The film. Or JJ Abrams. Or both. Can I talk about this yet or have people still not seen it?

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I'm going on thursday, can't wait!
    Riluo
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited December 2015
    I liked it a lot but then again I am a sci-fi nut.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• Draiman said:

The film. Or JJ Abrams. Or both. Can I talk about this yet or have people still not seen it?

Probably best to wait for the time being, I'd say.
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
    AryanneTeani
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Draiman said:
    The film. Or JJ Abrams. Or both. Can I talk about this yet or have people still not seen it?
    Shoot me a message.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • edited January 2016
    Hello everyone. I haven't played in a while, but I just got some sad news. I know a few people here played Avalon: First Age. One of the players, Onix/Midionix, passed away in a car accident. He played a bit here about the same time I converted, but I can't for some reason remember what his name was here. Just thought I would pass on the news. He was a good guy with young children. 
    AryanneDidiTozTeaniTrager
  • The World lost Another Legend. First Lemmy Kilmister, now David Bowie. Is it gonna be one of those years?

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Hadrak said:

Saying goodbye to Bowie is a punch to the gut. Gonna be an 80s kinda day for me.

@Sollace's black little heart was broken when she found out. Labyrinth 4 lyf kinda girl.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Riluo
  • Few things. Dealing with financial BS I don't feel like getting into. Should hopefully be resolved in a few weeks. Also recently slipped on the stairs and spoiled an otherwise good recovery by hitting my elbow, which wrenched my shoulder violently up in its socket. Sprained it but good. Just to make it that much better, it's my dominant left arm, and every little movement seems to exacerbate it. Due to aforementioned financial BS, I can't go in and have it looked at, nor can I buy a sling to immobilize it. Taking Motrin and icing it (when I remember to do so), and that seems to help. And then I forget myself and make it worse again. I'd like to trade for a new model, please.
    Avatar courtesy of Eleanor. Thank you!
    ~~

~~
    Always interested in knowing how I'm doing!
  • You can make an easy sling with an old towel or a shirt.

We teach medics to do it every day with nothing but a square piece of cloth, and it's fairly routine.

Google it, should help you out. You'll probably need a buddy to tie it.
    TragerIsande
  • edited January 2016
    Kinda figured, honestly. Not an unfamiliar concept. Of course, it's also not that practical when I have to work. I broached the possibility of a sling to my dad, and was told straight that I'd just have to grin and bear it because I couldn't afford not to use my arm. Just have to be really careful. I still want to go to the manager about it because for the time being, I'm stuck answering phones anyway until I can strike that ideal balance between courtesy and efficiency. In fact, I have so few hours scheduled that I feel entirely comfortable applying for a second job that pays better. But that's another gripe entirely. As is, I'm apparently so darn nice that people feel inclined to shoot the breeze. I could think of worse complaints to hear from the manager, but still. And I have been getting better about that. Even (*gasp*) talking over the customer to move things along. Nicely.

Couldn't get a sheet sling to work. Pressed a tie into service instead. Works alright.
    ~~

~~
  • I was hoping you lied, @Dristin. I really was... He will be missed. One of the best actors in my World.

• AvishaiAvishai Portland, Oregon
    edited January 2016
    With the loss of Bowie and Rickman, I present....a saddened humor I read in an article earlier.
    RIP you glorious bastards.

“I took his arm to lead him away,” said a visibly shaken grim reaper, “and he looked at me, brandished the spoon and said ‘I am going to count to three, there will not be a four’, which I just laughed at.

“And then he leapt on me and jabbed a spoon right through my chest.

“He dug and dug until he scooped my heart clean out. I was in shock; I didn’t realise I HAD a heart.

“Then he held it up to my face and said ‘Yippee Kay-Yay, Motherfucker’.

“I knew we should have frisked him on the way in; this is the guy who nearly killed Bruce Willis.

“That was a movie? Oh right. Well I feel less bad for enjoying it now I suppose.

“Between this and that Bowie bloke smashing a guitar over my head, it’s been a strangely violent week for me.

“Serves me right for fucking with the half-blood prince, I suppose.”

When questioned, Rickman replied with “because it’s blunt, you twit, it hurts more” before smiling, dropping the spoon and stepping over the reaper’s broken body to walk unaided into the light.

--------

I am not going to attempt to edit, we are all adults, if it must be done then so be it.... A sad week it is
    TeaniRiluoIshinIsande
  • Okay, update. I have a sling now. It helps. Shoulder still hurts, and forget typing with any kind of speed when I'm wearing it, but I think I'll actually stop making things worse now. Whoo.
    ~~

~~
  • For anyone interested, a little tribute-cover of Bowie's 'Life on Mars' from Sarah Blasko, from last week.
  • I picked the wrong Dentist to go to today. Dude was a judgmental prick. Like I get it dude I fucked up, that's why I'm here offering you outrageous amounts of money to fix this shit. Don't need to be an asshole about it.

AryanneKonnornSerriceDidiZsadistIshin
  • it's just tough love. if he were a real prick he'd be glad that you fked up. 
  • IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSODS >.<. All I'm gonna say. And no, I ran a memory test, so it's not memory, ram is also been tested, all my drivers updated. NOTHING indicates that this is supposed to be happening.
    The rushing sound of waves breaking upon a shore fills your mind as Slyphe imparts to you, "Meltas is a bit..special sometimes..."
  • @Xandren have you flashed your BIOS for an update recently? Buggy BIOS can cause that error as well.

• Xavin said:

@Xandren have you flashed your BIOS for an update recently? Buggy BIOS can cause that error as well.

yeah, sadly. I had to flash it for a graphics fix recently.
    The rushing sound of waves breaking upon a shore fills your mind as Slyphe imparts to you, "Meltas is a bit..special sometimes..."
  • That could be the culprit.

• JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    The one thing I needed to remember before I left my hotel room for the day was to -not- leave my rp notes for Jensen out.  I really hope the maid doesn't see it they are definitely going to think I'm a psychopath

AryanneTeaniDidiEmelleIselleAvishaiAsaraiiIshin
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Unfolded and wide open on the desk.  Definitely read one of Jensen's top 10 serial killer rough drafts
    DristinAryanneAvishaiIshin
  • edited January 2016
    The stress of buying a car. The entire process is such a pain in the ass. While I'm on the subject: interacting with car dealerships or service departments in general. One dealership tried to walk me through basic addition. Hi, yes, I graduated from High School and I'm about to graduate from college, I would like to think I know basic addition and subtraction kthanx.

(Spinesreach): Xiuhcoatl says, "Oh man, grab the children-corn. This is gonna be good."