Ashmer Ras'valyra

AshmerAshmer Barefoot AdventurerLife

I've been debating whether or not to actually do one of these, fearing the result, but...

I'm a what the fuck and do it anyway kind of guy.

How is he/they/it showing up so far, since I started playing again? Comments, criticism, praise? Complaints?

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

Comments

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Need to RP with you more in order to get a better feel for your character but I do like what I've seen so far.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • One thing I really have to bring up is the player's striking style of writing, which really helps to bring out the complex, dual personality of Ashmer Ras'valyra.

There are many individuals in Aetolia who strive to work with the concept of 'dual personalities'. Not many can pull it off with so much depth and background to the character, and Ashmer is one of the few who does it well.

All that being said, awesome Order Champion who can walk the talk and talk the walk. Painfully good emotes reveal Ashmer's propensity for arrogance, abject cruelty and dominance in careful balance. Perfect villain material.

PiperErzsebetAsaraiiEmelle
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    Ashmer is one of the few people in Aetolia whose shouts I find very intriguing even when I have no idea what is going on. The split in people's names (Tra-ger), evokes a certain speech mode that is delightfully evil. I have only seen parts and bits of roleplay from on the forums, but I have to say you are spectacularly good at being incredibly chilling and it's really cool to see.

Piper
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs

I am an Ashmer fangirl. We need to arpee more so I can visually devour your amazing writing style,  character design, and personality some more.

Until then, I'm leaving this as a placeholder/hostage post for when that time comes. 

Erzsebet
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited January 2014

I like him, he is nasty as hell when required and yet humble in his role. He is a good laugh to be around when laughter is called for. In terms of fighting he is up there with the best of them and not an asshole about it to the people he pks. Which I have witness a few times now, especially when he beats people and gives them advice afterwards. A thing a lot of fighters on opposit side do not do often enough.

Top bloke if you ask me :)

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• Ashmer and Veovis have only nodded at each other, so I have no idea.
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Seems this is as good a place as any to post this.

I'll be in New York City with my parents over the weekend, with limited connectivity. My activity during my alone time will likely be limited to work on Serenity.

Piper
    Oh, and @Alice will be taking over day-to-day Ambassadorial and Castery stuff while I'm gone. Ain't she grand?

Alice
  • edited May 2014
    i won't eat everyone, promise image

Also on-topic:
    Ashmer keeps Alice pretty well rounded and despite her not acknowledging Ashmer's duo-persona, she respects it as apart of 'them', and enjoys meeting any side of her mentor. This is because Ashmer's writing and RP is consistent, and does not come off as uninviting so much <3's to you, bro ^_^

• That last little bit of RP we had was comical, man. I went there with no idea what I was going to do, only a vague notion that I didn't want it to end up being a repeat of the whole Tapestry Debacle of 412. I had no idea what I was going to offer, and then it hit me.

I'm sure you were pretty much done with it anyway, so it ended up just being some RP shiz, but it definitely leaves things open for the future.

Let's do some more.
  • I love Ashmer. I have no idea how one is meant to FIND him to RP with him, but when he does pop up out of nowhere, he's amazing.

You damn PKers and your hoods and masks and umbrellas or whatever you have now. WHY DO YOU HIDE. I ONLY WANT TO LOVE YOU.

EmelleErzsebet
    Banp. I've been sinking a little deeper into Ashmer's filmy, infested skin the last week and a half or so, and I've really noticed a shift in him.

So! What do you think? Comments, criticism, praise or complaints?

• Every interaction makes me just look forward to the next time Ashmer graces Asaraii with his grossy presence even more. I don't find much interest in the monotonous motions of 'hi, how are you, blah blahx10000' that a lot of people tend to fall into a rhythm of. Ashmer's interactions are always completely entrenched, about something I wasn't anticipating, and leaves Asaraii suspicious and intrigued at the same time. You rock, I heart your face.
    Ashmer
    Hi.

So, I have a new personal policy of not communicating OOC in-game at all (we'll see if that sticks up against lessers, but every other form of OOC communication is out.)

That said, hit me up. I've been tagging as many people as I can for in-passing RP over channels and, well. In passing.

I've also started blogging, as an aside: http://www.after-this.com/

XeniaVeovisTeani
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    So that's why you never answered. /me weep.

That's why I never answered.

• Ashmer said:

Hi.

So, I have a new personal policy of not communicating OOC in-game at all (we'll see if that sticks up against lessers, but every other form of OOC communication is out.)

That said, hit me up. I've been tagging as many people as I can for in-passing RP over channels and, well. In passing.

I've also started blogging, as an aside: http://www.after-this.com/

Wanna say I like this quite a bit. :)

Hey guys. Feeling the bug again. Anyone up for a little RP here and there in the coming weeks?

Aryanne
  • You know I always am. Bring it!

Ashmer
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    I will be in January
    Ashmer
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    You know you don't have to ask! (Although I'll be a bit sparse through the 30th)
    Ashmer

Lucie

I might continue posting goodbye songs here for a couple of days by way of catharsis, but before I go I had a thought.

There were a handful of people that were always like "hey, wtf is ashmer and why is he (they, it) like that?" I've always been super cagey with details and backstory and refused to answer questions OOC - even IC, no one got the whole picture except Sabeine, back in the day.

I'll bare all, if anyone's interested. Just PM me questions or post them here. Also, if it's a thing, check out the Oasis Project thread - I made a post there just now.