December 2015 Promotion

As per announce post 2483:

For our December promotion, we have two things for you.

Firstly, we're running a sale on all credit purchases this month. With every purchase you make
(excluding the no-brainer package), you get 30% bonus credits! If you have an Elite membership, the 10% bonus stacks with this sale for a total of 40% extra credits.

Secondly, we now have stockings for sale under the 'Promotional Items' section of our credit
purchase page at http://www.aetolia.com/credits

These stockings are a new item that you can HANG for yourself or a friend. After some time (no
longer than an hour), Ironbeard will sneak along and fill the stockings with goodies for you to
collect, and the stocking will be consumed. Only the person for whom the stocking was hung for may collect the goods from it.

The syntax is HANG FOR ME/ [ANONYMOUS]. If you are hanging it up for someone else they will be notified of such, and if you choose to hang it up for them anonymously, they won't know it was you who did it. The message will also be delayed by a minute if anonymous, to give you time to flee the scene! You will be able to see the status of all of your hung stockings with the STOCKINGS command. Once it's marked as filled, simply go to the room and OPEN STOCKING.

There are four tiers of stockings: Festive, Fancy, Grand, and Extravagant. The only difference
between these tiers is how many prizes you'll get in each stocking. That is, a festive stocking has 1 main prize roll. A fancy stocking has 4 main prize rolls, which is an extra +1 roll than if you bought multiple festive stockings for the same price. The grand has 11 rolls, which is +2 extra. And the extravagant is 29 rolls, which is +3 extra.

Additionally, for every 5 stockings of each type you purchase, you'll receive either a gold or
platinum stocking of that tier. So if you purchase 5 fancy stockings, you'll get a gold (or
platinum) fancy stocking. These tallies count over multiple purchases, so if you purchase 5
stockings from the same tier over the month, you'll get a special version with your 5th purchase. These golden and platinum stockings contain on average twice the worth of the regular stockings. However, unlike regular stockings, these stockings won't be drawn until later on in the month.

All the golden stockings will be filled simultaneously on December 25th. Any golden stocking that has not been hung up by then will be converted to a platinum stocking. Four of these golden stockings will contain one of four possible artifacts usually only available through auctions: Izu-Ari's Dice, the Resolute Hammer, a Ring of Elemental Mastery, and a Market Stall Construction Kit.

All the platinum stockings will be filled simultaneously on January 1st. Four of these platinum
stockings will contain one of four possible artifacts usually only available through auctions: a
Helm of Command, a Parasol of Privacy, a Bangle of Returning, and a Staff of Portents.

Stockings can possibly contain:
- Credits
- Gold
- Edible buffs (chocs, etc)
- Iron coins
- Relic pieces
- Style scrolls
- Vox iterators
- Minipets
- Artifacts
- Cryptic Chests
- Inks
- Racetrack tickets
- and more!

You can refer to HELP STOCKING ITEMS to see more information on what items you might find in your stockings, including the unique artifacts that will be drawn in the golden/platinum giftbags.
Iselle

Comments

• Are salvage pieces still available for purchase or will we have to wait until another salvage promotion to continue to upgrade antiquated artis?
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• edited December 2015
    Zsadist said:

Are salvage pieces still available for purchase or will we have to wait until another salvage promotion to continue to upgrade antiquated artis?

Edit: I verified that you can still perform the upgrades, you just don't attain the pieces anymore from credits. I misread your question, so my mistake. You do have a rare chance to get a piece from stockings, but that's it.
    Zsadist
  • Wait so we have to pay for Iron Beard this year?
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Draiman said:

Wait so we have to pay for Iron Beard this year?

Ironbeard may be filling your stockings, but that doesn't mean he's going to shirk on his usual duties around Christmastime.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    Infin
  • Ok cool. I was about to throw a full blown temper tantrum. >.>
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Draiman said:

Ok cool. I was about to throw a full blown temper tantrum. >.>

Well, then you'd just get coal! Counterproductive!
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    DraimanAvishaiIshinTeani
  • Will Ironbeard still visit those who find themselves not on the main plane of Aetolia?
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• i love visits yay
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Can these give guild credits, @Razmael @Keroc @ Hadrak
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    I do not mind the concept of this promo but it seems the infinite about of vox(s) we are getting are a bit off. I can not trade some of them in?

Also quick question why can we not just trade in the caged minipets as I have several and they are no use to me or needed by others. I think mostly because the game is saturated in them now from the amount we get in each promo. Perhaps even a "stall" that you can TRADE (cage) WITH BOB. He will give you a small amount of bound credits or a nice bit of gold equal to the bound credits. He could secretly be butchering them and selling the "exotic" meats to passerby's.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

Teani