Short Questions

Comments

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Zsadist said:

Just a quick question..... does anyone else have any issues with getting people to do the god damned fucking ylem mines?? Or is it just me???

Yeah brah. nobody does that.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • You can't force people to do content they don't enjoy. If they want to do the mines, they'll do it of their own volition.
    EmelleKerrynAarbrokErzsebet
  • @Keroc, @Hadrak, @admin, Did something happen today? Dayroll happened and logs aren't reset nor did anyone get their lessons.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• Zsadist said:

@Keroc, @Hadrak, @admin, Did something happen today? Dayroll happened and logs aren't reset nor did anyone get their lessons.

We're looking into it. I can't promise a timetable right now.
    Zsadist
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Are the new pillars in the domini sanctum set to update automatically whenever there's a change in a bloodline, like someone switching sires, curing, getting sired, etc?
  • Sarita said:

Are the new pillars in the domini sanctum set to update automatically whenever there's a change in a bloodline, like someone switching sires, curing, getting sired, etc?

They are not. Unfortunately, there's no good way to set that up.
  • Which means they'll be even more of a mess inside a couple months. They're already not completely accurate.
    imageimage
  • Erzsebet said:

Which means they'll be even more of a mess inside a couple months. They're already not completely accurate.

Unless someone has been embraced/cured within the last 24 hours, roughly, they are completely accurate.
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    edited November 2015
    Not worth arguing.

Not trying to belittle your efforts though, I do apologize if my initial post came off that way. Know how much of a pain in the rear bloodlines are to manage, especially with everyone's titles all screwy.
    imageimage
  • edited November 2015
    Ehhmm.. Question here...

I keep getting suddenly afflicted with Asthma.. It's happened while standing still RP'ing for hours, while doing gold-runs/easy bashing.. There is absolutely NO message that I get afflicted with it, just all of a sudden notice my heavy breathing, which always says I've been afflicted with a heavy asthma when I DIAG. It is not density/mass since I only ever use that in Lessers...

-EDIT- Just making sure: Just before I wrote this, I had been standing still in Enorian for 15 minutes while having a smoke (irl, no asthma there) and as I walked back to Duiran, BOOM Asthma noticed. Went over all previous text/messages etc... Nothing.. (again)

Anyone got a clue what's going on, it's been going on for a good week and a half, about 5-8 occurrences..

(Tried some other channels, we got kind of clueless after a whle what it might be)
  • Lleminara said:

Ehhmm.. Question here...

I keep getting suddenly afflicted with Asthma.. It's happened while standing still RP'ing for hours, while doing gold-runs/easy bashing.. There is absolutely NO message that I get afflicted with it, just all of a sudden notice my heavy breathing, which always says I've been afflicted with a heavy asthma when I DIAG. It is not density/mass since I only ever use that in Lessers...

-EDIT- Just making sure: Just before I wrote this, I had been standing still in Enorian for 15 minutes while having a smoke (irl, no asthma there) and as I walked back to Duiran, BOOM Asthma noticed. Went over all previous text/messages etc... Nothing.. (again)

Anyone got a clue what's going on, it's been going on for a good week and a half, about 5-8 occurrences..

(Tried some other channels, we got kind of clueless after a whle what it might be)

https://imgflip.com/i/uhlr4

In all seriousness, though, I'd bug it and provide any sorts of logs you can in a pastebin along with the bug.
    RiluoIshin
  • Dristin said:

https://imgflip.com/i/uhlr4

In all seriousness, though, I'd bug it and provide any sorts of logs you can in a pastebin along with the bug.

Okay, that sounds do-able next time.. I'll make sure to post it here once it's bugged as well, if you want me to?
  • Will @Razmael ever get a real forum avatar?
    Emelle
  • HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro
    Anfini said:

Will @Razmael ever get a real forum avatar?

He labored very hard for that avatar. SHAMEFUL.

• RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    Do not insult his avatar.... he is watching!!

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

Haven
  • Ok... can someone clarify something for me because this is starting to really piss me off. Receptacles are supposed to be able to be imbued up to 100%. However, if you DO imbue a receptacle with 100% reserves, you lose HALF of the damn ylem energy just to imbue the damn thing... thus putting your receptacle at 50% full. Ok, fine, I can deal with needing to use 200% just to fill a fucking receptacle. However, that's not the case.... because it seems once you fill a receptacle (to 50% mind you) you can't refill it anymore as you will get a "This receptacle already holds residual energy."

So my question is this: Are receptacles set up to be a 50% max/one time fill? Or is this fucking broken??
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA

When my receptacle is only half full.
    SerriceAsaraiiZsadistAnfini
  • Can we trade in old relic pieces from the Cryptic Chests for credits? Also, all the extra items that we get from the giftbags (urns, warpaint, instruct scrolls, omni pills, etc)... are they ever going to be made to be traded in for credits as well??? Because I have no use for half these items... and I hate clutter. :/

RiluoErzsebet
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    Why is wax so expensive, in comparison with other commodities that are cheap (or cheaper) to produce?
    Lleminara
  • Emelle said:

Why is wax so expensive, in comparison with other commodities that are cheap (or cheaper) to produce?

I stopped sealing my letters, I just hate how quick my wax turns to dust (and that without burning it...:P ) and pay more for the wax than the letters I've sent in the time the wax was in my possession..
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    @Lleminara: The silly thing is, I don't use them for mail -- I use them for fumology, because my cigar designs use wax (as the template designs do) and the crafters' guild wanted wax added as a commodity to approve it. Which I get, but the wax itself more than doubles the base cost of the thing, which just seems absurd to me!
    Riluo
  • Why do non-lethal skills (Night in necromancy, Flood in Sciomancy, etc) trigger class aggression? Bug or nah?
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• Draiman said:

Why do non-lethal skills (Night in necromancy, Flood in Sciomancy, etc) trigger class aggression? Bug or nah?

If I had to guess, I would say it's because they have combat applications, or mess with someones normal ability to do something. (i.e. Mucking about with peoples ability to move easily away from/into combat. Clearly viewing the number of people in a room. etc etc.)

That may be incorrect, though.
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
  • edited November 2015
    Kelliara said:

Draiman said:

Why do non-lethal skills (Night in necromancy, Flood in Sciomancy, etc) trigger class aggression? Bug or nah?

If I had to guess, I would say it's because they have combat applications, or mess with someones normal ability to do something. (i.e. Mucking about with peoples ability to move easily away from/into combat. Clearly viewing the number of people in a room. etc etc.)

That may be incorrect, though.
    That might be true but things like gravechill (Which all it does is change decay into cold type) is also considered an aggressive action
  • KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    edited November 2015
    It serves to block people from setting up while behind grace. Sect fights for example, someone could run around and night/flood the area from behind the temp grace at the start of a match. It also serves to block people from setting up from behind grace if they get revived mid-combat. It's also like this for logging purposes so we can determine intent for issues.

It's also good for stopping people from doing these sorts of things in a safe room for events like the quiz or town hall meetings.

tl;dr, if there's an annoyance/combative feature to an ability, it gets marked as aggressive.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    The Quiz/Townhall meeting room should negate all skills so that we don't have to watch repeated defense messages as they drop/get set up again, not just aggressive actions. It can get kind of spammy (though it was quite good and calm last time I was in one of those situations).

• Keroc said:

tl;dr, if there's an annoyance/combative feature to an ability, it gets marked as aggressive.

Does this mean we can make talking an aggressive action for some people?

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

DraimanTeaniRiluoDiogenZsadistAnfiniIshin
  • edited November 2015
    Can vampires get more of a benefit during the night? As it stands, vampires get burned/afflicted all day long and can die from normal everyday sun, but then an instakill for sun at noon for 5 minutes. However, we only get a 5 minute full stat buff at midnight, but yet lifers suffer no maluses during the night? Seems kinda one sided.

So can vampires get like a +1 stat for all stats just during the night then the full max for 5 minutes? Or have lifers suffer from some sort of afflictions during the night just as vampires suffer in the sun (fear, paranoia, superstition)?

Edit: This is probably a more extreme thought but still fair in my mind, but maybe have bats or something go around in a feeding frenzy and severely damage the non-undead who walk outside during midnight?

Edit #2: I'd like to note that all of the negative effects can be avoided being inside or in a lighted room, just like an undead can avoid the negative effects being indoors/darkened room.

Malok
  • I dunno about all that other stuff but I totally want that bat ability during blood hunts and stuff.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    ...lol
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Anfini