November 2015 Promotion

edited December 2015 in Town Crier
ANNOUNCE NEWS #2472
Date: 11/2/2015 at 11:21
To : Everyone
Subj: November promotion

October is now over, and giftbags have left us. The arena lottery will be drawn in one week, so all of you that still have tickets floating around have a chance to turn them in.

For November, our promotion is antiquated artifacts! For every 100 credits you purchase (excluding No-Brainer credits), you'll received 1x antiquated artifact salvage. What's that, you ask? Keep reading!

Antiquated artifacts are old artifacts once utilized by the Ankyrean Order and rediscovered in recent times. Unlike the modern artifacts Qeddwyn makes, antiquated artifacts contain levels of power beyond the standard artifacts, using techniques now lost to time.

Antiquated artifact salvage can be taken to Qeddwyn in Esterport, who will either work the salvage into an antiquated artifact, or will upgrade the level of an existing antiquated artifact you own. When at Qeddwyn's shop in Esterport, use the commands ASK QEDDWYN EXCHANGE GAUNTLET to create your level 1 gauntlet, and ASK QEDDWYN UPGRADE GAUNTLET to upgrade it another level. Only the owner of the salvage can exchange it for the artifact, but salvage can be traded and used for upgrading by anyone who owns one of the antiquated artifacts.

This month's antiquated artifact is: "an ornate venantium-chased gauntlet". I am also grandfathering in the riding crop artifact (announce post #2357) into this system, so you can also choose to put your salvage towards that as well.

The ornate venantium-chased gauntlet functions like the currently available ylem-binding gauntlets and contains the following powers at each level. The gauntlet must be worn in order for its powers to work.

LEVEL 1:
There is a 10% chance that you'll gain two mists instead of one when using ABSORB YLEM.

LEVEL 2:
You can now ABSORB YLEM while off balance/equilibrium, and it'll no longer take any equilibrium to use.

LEVEL 3:
The Refining Irradiance passive skill now refills your ylem reserves 50% more than it normally does.

LEVEL 4:
Your damage done against elds is increased by 15%.

LEVEL 5:
You can now GRAB ELD with your gauntlet to instantly kill it, once every three hours. The eld will turn into three random mists that you can absorb on death. Some stronger eld may be immune to this (generally ones that can't be shackled).

LEVEL 6:
The time to fully bring a focus under your control with Refining Control when contesting an active extraction is decreased by 20%.

LEVEL 7:
You will gain 1 free Manipulation transmute charge, which will be used in place of the normal gold cost. Charges will replenish six hours after it is used.

LEVEL 8:
Your chance to gain two mists instead of one has been increased to 25% when using ABSORB YLEM.

LEVEL 9:
You can now DRAIN GAUNTLET once every 24 hours to instantly gain back 50% of your ylem reserves.

LEVEL 10:
You can now INFUSE PYLON when at your city's pylon to give your city 1,000 ylem. Can only be done once per Howling.

LEVEL 11:
The CITY PORTALS command no longer costs equilibrium. Additionally, CITY PORTALS can now be used outside of your city, but has a 4 second channel.

LEVEL 12:
New Manipulation: MANIPULATE YLEM FOR SCATTERING. For the next five minutes, mobs have a 100% chance to spawn ylem mist on death. Costs 30% ylem reserves.

LEVEL 13:
The cooldown on GRAB ELD is decreased to one hour.

LEVEL 14:
You gain another free Manipulation transmute charge, for a total of 2. Each charge will replenish on a separate timer.

LEVEL 15:
New Manipulation: MANIPULATE YLEM FOR SHACKLING. Instantly shackles all restrainable eld in room. Costs 15% ylem reserves.

New Manipulation: MANIPULATE YLEM FOR FREEDOM. Instantly frees all shackled eld in room. Costs 15% ylem reserves.

LEVEL 16:
The time to fully bring a focus under your control with Refining Control when contesting an active extraction is decreased by another 20%, for a 40% total reduction in time.

LEVEL 17:
Your damage done against elds is now increased by another 25%, for a total bonus of 40%.

LEVEL 18:
You gain another free Manipulation transmute charge, for a total of 3. Each charge will replenish on a separate timer.

LEVEL 19:
New Manipulation: MANIPULATE YLEM FOR ELEMENT . Increases your resistance against that element (excluding shadow/spirit) by 10% for one hour. Costs 40% ylem reserves.

LEVEL 20:
The cooldown on DRAIN GAUNTLET is reduced to five hours, and will now refill your reserves to 100%.

Some standard ability restrictions and balance/equilibrium costs may apply to some of the powers. Information contained in this post will be later found in HELP ANTIQUATED ARTIFACTS.
Dristin

Comments

• AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    Tempting.
  • I'll probably get up to level 2 or 4, but thats about it. Anything after 4 just isnt worth it to me.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

Riluo
    Three free wisdom transmutes seem kind of appealing, depending on how much each of the salvages will go for. Same with refilling 100% reserves instantly.
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    @Zsadist I kind of agree. Anything after the fourth is not really of use to me, although it is still kind of cool.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• The three free transmutes seem nice an all, considering I spend alot of gold doing said transmutes. but even then... gold is not that huge of an issue that I can recoup what I lost in about 3 hours of gold bashing. That being said, @Riluo is right. SStill pretty cool ideas.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• Sooo one thing bugs me about all this gobble di gook!

If you own a 300k gold perm yelm gauntlet. An you go for this antiquated scrap. Do we exchange the one we own for the new one in easterport? Or are both antiquated? Kinda bugs me if I trade it in for L1 gauntlet, i could be stuck with two ylem gauntlets on my hands!
    Riluo
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    That is a good point I just got my 300k one!

• RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited November 2015
    @Keroc and team.

Is there any updates on the issue with the "Parxian Order gauntlet" and the "ornate venantium gauntlet." I sold credits just before this came out to get my order version and have now noticed they override each other a lot.

• Just as a side note, You cannot trade in the praxian order gauntlet to qeddwyn for the new arti version. He only takes antiquated salvage.

Nor does it seem you can trade it in at all without contacting administration. If it possible, I'd love to trade in mine for a single salvage piece so I can re-build the new 'antiquated-artifact' version ^^

IF such a trade can be made of course!

RiluoJura
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    @Zsadist I'm pretty sure you mean Level 17 is what you're getting. Mmmm, +40% damage to eld...

If you hunt eld, that is.
  • Gauntlet rocks, scattering for the win. Can I trade in old gauntlet like @pypo said? Even just for the gold value of it? Annoying having two gauntlets and just having to put on in my pack forevermore.
    Riluo
  • I'm seriously hesitating on buying the credits for the promotion because I hate the idea of making something obsolete or doubling up. Gold may not be a big deal to some, but it is to me. If there was a way to recoup my loss on the perma-gauntlet, I'd probably buy in right away.

I'm not sure it's possible to create an easy system for refunds, so I understand why this wasn't a concern. As a suggestion, the ylem merchant who sells the gauntlet could offer to buy it back, give you 2/3 the gold and delete it when it's in their inventory. It could just be a permanent system for anyone looking to get rid of it in the future.

Since the riding crop came back, it's an assumption that a future promotion like this will bring back all three and a similar situation will come up. Just guessing though.
    Riluo
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    Mine is in my pack and a waste. I would be happy to regain something.

• If you're that desperate to get rid of it, there's bins in Esterport that can destroy it for you.
  • edited November 2015
    As posted in game by our glorious overlord, Razmael.

NEW ANTIQUATED ARTIFACT: A venatium ring of camaraderie

---
    First of all, those of you that own the new antiquated ylem-binding gauntlet can now trade in the gold-bought artifact gauntlet. Just use ARTIFACT TRADEIN, and you'll receive the full 350,000 gold back. This offer is only available to people who own the antiquated gauntlet.

Secondly, Qeddwyn now has a new antiquated artifact available in exchange for salvage: A venantium ring of camaraderie! This antiquated artifact has fifteen total levels, and can be obtained by exchanging salvage at Qeddwyn for 'ring'.

The ring can be attuned to a single person who is your mutual ally, and grant a variety of powers that will affect your attuned target, and often yourself too. If both of you have the artifact, and both have it attuned to each other, some of the artifact's powers will be upgraded assuming both of your artifacts are high enough level to have that power.

The ring uses up charges to utilize most of its active abilities. It starts with five charges, and all charges will replenish at the Howling. You can PROBE the ring to reveal its current charge count. Please note that most of the abilities will have eq/bal costs to use, and also some standard affliction restrictions. The ring must be worn for its effects and skills to work.

Refer to HELP ANTIQUATED ARTIFACTS.

Level 1:
    - ATTUNE to attune the ring to a new target. If it's your first time attuning, it costs nothing. Otherwise, it has a charge cost of 5.
    - You can WATCHEYES to see the output of the attuned target. You will see ALL OUTPUT they see, should they AGREE to it. Either you or the attuned target may SHUTEYES at anytime to end it. Charge cost: 1.

Level 2:
    - You unlock the BOOSTSKILLS ability, which will give your attuned target a skill-increasing effect similar to a divine boon. This lasts for two hours. Charge cost: 1.

Level 3:
    - You unlock the RING GUARD ability. If your attuned target is in the same room as you, this will give them the magical shield defence. Charge cost: 1.

Level 4:
    - The critical hit rate of you and your attuned target is increased by 3% when you are in the same room. If both of you have the ring at level 4, and are attuned to each other, this is increased to 5%.

Level 5:
    - You may immediately RING RESURRECT your attuned target from death, even without their corpse. Resurrecting without their corpse, however, will send them to the Cave/Font instead of your room. Charge cost: 2.

Level 6:
    - You and your attuned target have 10% increased experience gain while in the same room. If both of you have the ring at level 6, and are attuned to each other, experience gain is increased to 15%.

Level 7:
    - You can now RING ABSORB. This will cure two random afflictions from your attuned target, and transfer them to yourself. Works from anywhere on the same continent/plane. Charge cost: 1.

Level 8:
    - Damage against NPCs for you and your attuned target is increased by 7% while you're in the same room. This is increased to 15% if you both have the ring at level 8, and are attuned to each other.

Level 9:
    - You can now RING TRANSFER KNOWLEDGE. This will transfer some of your experience (worth roughly equal to a PvE starburst death) to your attuned target. This amount will be capped at lower levels for the target, and you will only lose the reduced amount. Charge cost: 4
    - You ring has additional 1 charge (6 total).

Level 10:
    - You can DEFEND your attuned target, taking their place in most attacks directed at them, assuming you're not hindered. Should you both have the the ring at level 10 and are attuned to each other, you can FULLDEFEND instead, which reduces your damage taken on intercepted attacks by 50%. Full damage applies to attacks directed against just you. You cannot defend someone that is already defended, or someone that is defending. Charge cost on both: 1.

Level 11:
    - You ring has additional 2 charges (8 total).

Level 12:
    - You can now RING SWAP on your attuned target, to immediately swap rooms with them so long as you are on the same continent and plane. Charge cost: 2.

Level 13:
    - The resistances of you and your attuned target are increased by 4% when you are in the same room. If both of you have the ring at level 13 and are attuned to each other, this is increased to 6%.

Level 14:
    - You can now RING FULLGUARD while your attuned target is in the same room as you. This will give both of you the magical shield defence, and fully heal both of your health points to full. Charge cost: 2.

Level 15:
    - The ring has an additional 4 charges (12 total).
    - You can now RING EQUALIZE, causing each of your stats and your attuned target's stats to become the highest out of the two. i.e. if your attuned target has 13 str and you have 15, they'll be raised to 15 str. If they have 15 con and you have 13, you'll be raised to 15 con. This lasts for two minutes. If you both have the ring at level 15 and attuned to each other, it'll add +1 to all stats for both of you for the duration. Charge cost: 2.
    ---

Tell us what you think!

AryanneRiluo
    edited November 2015
    Is it a cool artifact. Yeah, sure. Is it going to incentivize people to go bashing more together? Probably not, no.

This is the only feature in the game that encourages people to go hunting together, and for those who typically do, it's going to be super beneficial. The problem is that IRE games were designed in a way that makes solo bashing optimal. A lot of muds does it differently, where you actually gain more experience from killing a mob if you're a group of three than if you're alone.

I'd get this artifact after I had the ylem gauntlet and after I had the riding crop, simply because I don't really take people along bashing all that often. And when I do, it's typically just for a limited time.

EDIT:
    Maybe it'll be useful to some degree in PK. Not sure.
  • This ring is good but...with half of its powers liquidated down to yelm powers without having to pay or bother finding someone whom shares the same ring as you. I can't fib and scratch my butt as to why I want it? Bashing with someone 5-7+ levels gap is already a sore on your xp gain and there is some excellent powers towards the higher tier to balance it out, but I have to agree with Alexina. Bashing in a group tends to revolve around 1-3 perps consistently and can be alot of fun, but most the time your running lowbies whom usually have no artifacts nor capability to earn xp quickly.

Mind you this could bring some people back together if you manage to get people to want to work together, but even in bashing content classes have very little synergy to really have them together. It boils down according to a few whom has wand of reflections, or who has a mage class for the reflections/regen during downtime and/or use a lycan form for howling effects they lack on their own. In a way I am a bit more excited with Achaea's bashing re-design since not only can mobs be afflicted, but also there are attacking synergies between classes that certain they can exploit working together.
This discussion has been closed.