Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    Areka said:

Could the waterwalking enchantment be changed so that it does not strip when mutating/reverting?

Done!
    ArekaKerrynIshin
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Thank you!
  • edited October 2015
    Hello! Since there's so many events being held this month, I thought that it would be really nice if we had a config setting where we could choose to have global events added to our calendar automatically- similar to our birthdays. Just a thought!
    (Web): You say, "I know there's something I'm forgetting.."
    (Web): Sevaan says, "You forgot to border the letter with macaroni art?"
    Areka
  • I.. had no idea that there was a calendar command.
    AarbrokIselleRiluoIsandeCallidora
    For crafting gnomes, it would be awesome if we could MASSPRODUCE (TAG) IN (252535/container design number).
    IsandeEydis
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Be neat if cities or guilds or people could add small notes to the Calendar about events or whatever.
    ArekaKerrynIselleIsandeEydis
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Aishia said:

Be neat if cities or guilds or people could add small notes to the Calendar about events or whatever.

And have their unique holidays listed there too!
    KerocIselleCallidora
    FORGING IDEA: since it still doesn't have a ylem bonus thing.

A special forgeable item (requires a ylem shard) that is a limited-use sacrificial dagger. Has like, 3-5 uses before it poofs, maybe a week long decay time.

• AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Or infusing a forged item with ylem, for a small chance to proc additional damage against mobs

a ylem infused bardiche
    a ylem infused javelin....etc

As (player) hacks into an insane Xorani mage with a ylem infused bardiche, the latent energy in the blade releases in a powerful burst resulting in a painful explosion of ylem.

ArekaIsande
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    you could buy a crow maybe you can wear those!
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    Fair warning. This is not a small idea. But I don't want to start my own thread. Because I don't. And I don't have anything other than the vague concept.

But. Talkin' with a person or two, it was noted that Achaea has ships, Lusternia has aetherships, nobody cares about Imperian or Midkemia.

Therefore, Aetolia needs zepplins.

That is all.
    IshinCallidora
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Here's something I have idea'd and you can support in the game if you like (IDEASUPPORT 56)

Imagine this: Trikal has been out on a mission, during which he had an encounter with Zsadist. The fight was relatively brief, but during the heat of battle Zsadist's managed to strike a long, vicious gash across Trikal's chest. Once back in Spinesreach, Trikal notices the damage and exclaims, "Damn that tainted Vampire! He ruined my best shirt!" The shirt is indeed quite ruined, having a huge tear across the front, left by the scythe.

To make clothing play more of a role in the game, it would be nice if fighting (and possibly hunting as well) would have the potential of ruining your clothes. It makes sense that a piece of clothing will rip/tear/get completely ruined after someone has been in a fight, especially if the fighting takes a while or if you die.

With the recent weather changes making it necessary to wear clothes, this would be a good gold sink, as fighters would be required to purchase new clothes after tearing them up in a fight. It would also bring a little something to the roleplay aspect, with comments about how swiftly some people go through a new wardrobe or someone getting a tear in a favorite shirt and having to mend it or buy a new one.

Perhaps give it levels (new, faded, worn, torn, shredded) and have that show with a small line in the description, or in the attire line.

ZsadistAnfiniEmelleTrikal
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    With as much as Aarbrok blows himself up he may as well become a nudist.
  • What you guys don't know is that's why Rashar hasn't ever had a shirt on.

They all just keep getting destroyed in his adventures.
    Teani
    These are some really serious naps. He is a hero.
    RasharEmelle
  • Like any true warrior of Omei, he does most of his fighting in the land of dreams.

Wait.
    Callidora
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited October 2015
    @Keroc
    Bracing (Weaponry) Known: Yes
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Syntax: BRACE SHIELD

As long as you wield a shield, you may brace yourself against the next
    magical attack that hits you. This will allow you to deflect away half
    the damage, as long as you don't move of course.

Note: You won't be able to brace if you are below half your health.
    Since this was a skill gained for all players who win in the sect could it please be fixed to accommodate classes that use their weapon as a shield. IE Bloodborn use scythe stance as their shield and other classes use some weapons in a similar manner. Please can this be fixed or an alternative skill given instead for sect winners pretty please that do not use shields. I posted a few alternatives:

For example: BRACE SCYTHE

You plant your Scythe firmly upon the ground bracing for the attack.

BRACE KNUCKLES (artiweapon) monks etc

You raise your brass knuckles before you as you brace for a magical attack.

BRACE DHURIVE

Lowering your centre of gravity you twirl a Dhurive before you in preparation for the assault.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited October 2015
    @Demarcus
    Demarcus said:

Therefore, Aetolia needs zepplins.

That is all.

HavenAnfiniIshin
  • KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    Riluo said:

@Keroc

Bracing (Weaponry) Known: Yes
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Syntax: BRACE SHIELD

As long as you wield a shield, you may brace yourself against the next
    magical attack that hits you. This will allow you to deflect away half
    the damage, as long as you don't move of course.

Note: You won't be able to brace if you are below half your health.
    Since this was a skill gained for all players who win in the sect could it please be fixed to accommodate classes that use their weapon as a shield. IE Bloodborn use scythe stance as their shield and other classes use some weapons in a similar manner. Please can this be fixed or an alternative skill given instead for sect winners pretty please that do not use shields. I posted a few alternatives:

For example: BRACE SCYTHE

You plant your Scythe firmly upon the ground bracing for the attack.

BRACE KNUCKLES (artiweapon) monks etc

You raise your brass knuckles before you as you brace for a magical attack.

BRACE DHURIVE

Lowering your centre of gravity you twirl a Dhurive before you in preparation for the assault.

No scythe, knuckles, or dhurive is going to protect you from all that magical mumbo jumbo. You need a good solid shield.
    Riluo
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited October 2015

• @Keroc / @Admin

Would it be possible to get WATERBREATHING and INSULATION added to the

firstaid priority insulation 11
    firstaid priority waterbreathing 11

instead of

firstaid PRIORITY defence waterbreathing 1 etc.

I ask for simple reasons when fighting classes such as Mage, who strip waterbreathing to cause more afflictions with aurasphere, and Teradrim/Carnifex. It is somewhat more important to cure them before certain afflictions such as vomiting/hallucinations etc.

When it's added into the defence it will not cure either til all the afflictions are cured and as stated against Mage not curing waterbreathing stops certain things, like smoknig and also gains you more afflictions.
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
    Xenia
  • For serious on @Teani's clothing thing. In no way shape or form should anything non-arti that Trikal was wearing during the great hunt have not been destroyed. I killed something on the lines of 15,000 npcs. That's a hell of a lot of shit happening, it'd be pretty cool to have that mechanically added though, I know crafters have a hard enough time trying to turn a profit on shops, and do it more for the ability to make their own cool clothing, but those of us who don't really think of these things regularly (like wearing clothes or whatever) unless it's for some specific RP event, and just bash all day long or fight, it could be a cool way to help push some of that crafting revenue. Not really affecting the casual or mainly RP aligned folks who in my mind probably have like 8 sets of clothes for all occasions anyhow.
    TeaniAarbrokEmelle
    Trikal said:

Not really affecting the casual or mainly RP aligned folks who in my mind probably have like 8 sets of clothes for all occasions anyhow.

Maybe for some, but I think a lot of people don't actually spend a lot of time thinking about clothes -- I know I don't, I just wait for them to decay. Emelle is probably putting all kinds of cigarette holes in her stuff.
    TragerTeani
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Could even add a command for people to use if they want their clothes to look torn, like charred letters. For an RP scene, you'd just TEAR SHIRT and it will gain one level up in raggedness for each time until it's torn to pieces.

Teani comes rushing out from the forest, clothes shredded and a pack of disgruntled bears on her heels. She pauses only briefly by your side, hissing out an almost breathless, "Might want to get moving!" After looking over her shoulder briefly, she takes off at a flat run in the opposite direction.

Teani is wearing:
    (Hanging over her shoulders) - a heavy cloak (shredded)
    (Tailored to a good fit) - a linen shirt (torn)
    (Covering her legs) - a pair of trousers (worn-out)

Emelle
    I like the idea of this, though we'd also probably need to revert back to the 40 character limit when it comes to appearances. I'm just thinking of wrapwidth issues which can already be problematic with attire.
  • Or just use the attire function?
    IshinAreka
    @Rashar: Part of the argument for this is to reinforce clothing as a goldsink, as well as to create some consistency across the game. I'm sure some people are using ATTIRE for stuff like this, but we could go a lot further in making this immersive!
    Teani
  • Sure, I get that. I don't disagree with clothing being frayed and frazzled as long as it's going to really disappear and have to be purchased again. Which is the point I think you guys are getting at?

I was mostly aiming towards being able to rip your own clothing for a cosmetic change.
    Aryanne
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Just sounds like a pain for most, and not really consistent with how things work in general. Attire already exists for the cosmetic portion.