Short Questions

Comments

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    It's pretty irritating!

Can writing in colour be enabled for HELP GUILDNOVICES (guildname) please?
  • A few of us are trying to get an event together for BL and one of them has an orgrequest in.. so my question is this:

When it comes to Orgrequests, how long does it usually take to get them looked at, commented on, implemented, etc?
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

It varies by what else is going on and the request itself. I've a bunch sitting that are low priority for manpower, so when they happen, they'll happen.
  • Did anyone else get all their stats temporarily bumped up to 21 at the change of day just now?
    It's a thing for Vampires - at midnight, for 4 minutes their stats are all at 21. At high noon, for 4 minutes the damage the sun does against them is greatly increased.
  • Huh, learn something new everyday.
  • Does anyone have a copy of a sermon given through a shrine? Alternatively, does anyone remember how it looks like?
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Does it matter which god?
  • Nope, I don't care which!
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Ah I can do it I can do it
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    You step before the gathered crowd before you and begin to speak upon the nature of the Hunter's
    realm, "Close your eyes and listen to me. Reach out and hear the heartbeat of the wilds call you.
    Open your eyes and look to the sky above, watch the Raven as he perches on his tree limb, waiting.
    His eyes aware of all around him, yet he waits for his food. Carefully and cautiously. A being of
    opportunity."
    H:6857 M:7242 E:99% W:99% B:100% XP:16% [sdb -b]--
    SYSTEM IS PAUSED, SYSTEM IS PAUSED, USE DO TO UNPAUSE
    You have recovered equilibrium.++NO INPUT IS ENABLED, USE (do) IF YOU WISH TO INPUT++
    H:6857 M:7242 E:99% W:99% B:100% XP:16% [sdb eb]--
    The sermon continues, Severity burning in your breast. "Severity comes next, as it is the act that
    Defiance thinks about. It justifies its means with careful planning. Severity is more than just
    talk; it is conviction. Waiting where it needs to wait, changing tactics where tactics must be
    changed, Severity behaves with the absolute certainty of its goal. Fury, or petty meanness, do not
    enter into it," you say, looking out over the assembled with a watchful eye, "Those who practice
    Severity must learn to be firm without being mad. Severity is too bold to be proud, too wild to stew
    in elitism. It does not fear getting dirty, in doing what needs to be done, or by using the skills
    and bodies and breath of those that pride would label as 'less.'" You gesture to the world around
    you as you conclude your thoughts, saying, "Severity counts its resources and uses them, it takes
    risk where risks are needed, it learns from its mistakes, all to accomplish the end that is knows,
    without doubt, it must reach."
    H:6857 M:7242 E:99% W:100% B:100% XP:16% [sdb eb]--
    The crescendo of Rhythm in your breast escalating, you are filled with fervor as you continue to
    speak. "At last, Destruction. It is the result of the Rhythm sharpening its claws in the world.
    Destruction is more than teeth and blood, it is a force that changes things. It acts in nature, in
    the fury of winter or the unyielding, unfeeling carnage of a flood. It acts in war. It acts in
    relationships. It even rears its ugly head in politics," you continue, your flesh trembling,
    "Destruction does not apologize for what it does; regret is something unknown to it. Practical, it
    merely destroys what is no longer needed, breaking down walls so that movement forwards can continue.
    Things like revenge have no place in Destruction, they clouds judgment, makes you less aware of the
    force you should use." Your voice reaches its most impassioned state as the Divine presence moves
    you, and you say, "Do not respond to an enemy that has overcome and wounded you by saying, 'I will
    Destroy you.'You may speak in anger, out of lust for revenge. Revenge quests only for blood, a blood
    that drowns instead of watering new growth." Taking a deep, purposeful breath, you conclude,
    "Destruction is a cruel and beautiful form of nurturing. It cuts back what must be cut back so that
    the new can grow."
    H:6857 M:7242 E:99% W:100% B:100% XP:16% [sdb eb]--
    You exhale, the Rhythm's beat lessening around you as the sermon comes to a close. "These are the
    bold and tireless ways of our Lord Haern. These are the traits that repeat themselves, that we learn
    and then learn again, as new situations arise and show their faces to us," you say, motioning to
    each person in attendance. A smile curls your lips as you reach the end and you say, "The Way is a
    long road, it is three endless miles that loop in a circle, and if we are to truly live them, as
    willful and shrewd hunters, we must remember to never lose step, never lose focus, on the three
    traits that keep the Rhythm in perfect, never ending motion."
    You feel blessed.
    Experience Gained: 1683 (Quest) [total: 1749513]
    Your Order has been enriched by the sermon.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    It only works solo it bugs out if anyone else is there >_>
  • Probably because of the tokens that's supposed to refer to you is screwed, kek. Thanks!
  • @Razmael, @Keroc, @Hadrak, @admin:

Can we get ylem aura looked at to be no xp for same city instead of same side? This war with Spines is going to be going on for awhile and I'd really like to get xp for killing them, as I'm sure Spireans would like to get xp for us.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

KagamiAarbrokIshinNalorFaerah
  • Soooooooooo.... second post, sorry, but I know most people know what GMCP overload is.... but can you please tell me, how in the FUCK I stop it from happening?

For those who don't know what a gmcp overload looks like.... it looks kinda like this:

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/f6b94a44

OR this:

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/8e246034

• RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
    That's a known issue with Mudlet 2.0. Try upgrading to 3.0, which was supposed to have some fixes for this.
    DristinZsadistKagami
  • @Zsadist I only really get that on login and thats just the gmcp.Char.Vitals, nothing else and no other times.

I did notice by what people tell me that TW does it ALOT after login, but as Raz said 3.0 suppose to fix that but its yet finished, I know a few people use it with my system without issues. so maybe it is fixed?
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
    Zsadist
  • I use it (3.0) with tw and never had a major issue. I do get the odd random lag spikes when it overloads a bit but I do not pk so it is alright.
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    edited October 2015
    Once upon a time there were participation credits given for reaching certain milestones in the great hunt. Those still around or they get removed? Or am I confused in my old age? 

Edit: Ha ha ha!  Derp, just read the latest announce post. Thnx admins ! 
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    yo @Oleis etc

Is this line open to being customised even if it costs two certificates or whatever?
    The corpse of Caitlin is here, a banner bearing Riluo's name staked through it.
    The slowly rotting corpse of Caitlin permeates a foul, nauseous stench. Flies buzz about the corpse laying their eggs, while already-hatched maggots continue to feast upon the dead flesh. A wooden pole stakes the corpse to the ground, a black banner attached to it that bears Riluo's mark.
    It has 2 weeks of usefulness left.
    It will decay regardless of where it's stored.
    They were slain by Riluo
    It is strangely weightless.
    Into something similar in nature but more in tune with my character. Perhaps something like???

The corpse of Oleis is here, impaled upon a blood splattered banner bearing Riluo's name.

The slowly rotting corpse of Caitlin permeates a foul, nauseous stench. Flies buzz about the corpse laying their eggs, while already-hatched maggots continue to feast upon the dead flesh. A wooden pole impales the corpse high above the ground, a blood-soaked banner attached to it that bears Riluo's mark.
    It has 2 weeks of usefulness left.
    It will decay regardless of where it's stored.
    They were slain by Riluo

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• KerrynKerryn The Black Flagon Inn
    @Razmael Will the more mundane minipets be added to AP LIST MINIPETS, or is it now a rotation of which minipets are offered for sale? By mundane I mean the kitten, the puppy, etc. That use to be sold in Qweddwyn's shop at all times.

• AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    ... wait @Kerryn - I could have a corgi, I didn't even know there was a puppy minipet.
    AARBROK NEEDS A CORGI!
    KerrynDidi
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited October 2015
    Any Halloween give a way's in Aetolia this year? Also do we know this months promo?

• Does anyone know when the Bardic/Artisanal contest stops accepting entries? I know the news post said we have until the end of the month, but I'm, uh, wondering what timezone it operates on, because I'm a terrible person and may or may not still be working on it for a couple more hours.
  • @Iselle. Submit it by today and you'll be alright.

• @Diogen. Thank you, I will! I was actually wondering (I know this is silly) what timezone, by today? Like GMT today and PST today, for example, would be pretty different.
  • edited October 2015
    Pretty sure it's meant to be GMT, but as long as you submit it by the end of your "today", you should be okay.

Get crackin', @Iselle!

Iselle
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    edited November 2015
    Is Windows 10 worth it? I have an older laptop, probably like a 2006 or 2007 model HP I think. It's also kinda eat up, and even though I've replaced the battery in its thingie, the clock doesn't work right still and the items in the system tray don't always show up. Will any of that transfer over if I update to Windows 10??
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • edited November 2015
    Ishin said:

Is Windows 10 worth it? I have an older laptop, probably like a 2006 or 2007 model HP I think. It's also kinda eat up, and even though I've replaced the battery in its thingie, the clock doesn't work right still and the items in the system tray don't always show up. Will any of that transfer over if I update to Windows 10??

@Ishin
    Windows 10 seems to be alright. There's a lot of stigma surrounding the whole invasion of privacy thing, but if you're not doing anything illegal you don't have to worry about it. Yeah, there are ways you can disable some of it, but there are certain things (as of me writing this) which cannot be blocked. Because of that, I stick with 7 because well, 7 works fine for me and I don't have any personal need for 10 at the moment.

It's basically an improvement over 7, overall, though.

If by "replaced the battery thingie" you mean the CMOS battery, then the only other causes for your system clock being screwy are malware or something like an incorrect timezone being set.

If you didn't replace the CMOS, it's probably the CMOS battery causing the wonkiness. This is a hardware issue and will transfer over through software changes, unfortunately.

• RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    :( still no promos or Halloween events