Short Questions

Comments

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    @Elene you can switch whenever the lessons are the same.
    Riluo
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    Just that Bloodborn is merely a specialty now and not a separate class

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

Elene
  • When it comes to Golem intertwine, Does the game have a skill to remove it? As each time I try and use it to replace my current one, I keep getting

The golem's paint has already been intertwined with gold ink!
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    Nalor said:

@riluo from what I remember it used to make all the text white. It's why color-coding "You are afflicted by .. " used to be bad when in the lightwall effects. Now a days I haven't a clue what it does.

That seems very redundant and outdated now when you consider how far things have evolved in systems and combat.

• edited October 2015
    Is it still the official stance of the powers that be that the Carnifex must remain a Bloodlochian guild -- is there any chance that they can return to essentially being their own entity without ties to any specific city?

Edit: Or, can the primary guild hall be returned to the Shadow Keep? This shadowbound event with Syssin vs Consanguine is very frustrating as it spreads through the rest of Spinesreach and Carnifex forcing sides to be taken while our noobs essentially still generate in Bloodloch and the guild hall via PATH FIND mechanics remains within the city.

AarbrokLim
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    We will give them the Sciomancers in a fair trade..... I dont think anyone would bat an eyelash. @Xenia
    We love our Carnifex!
  • edited October 2015
    I don't see why any guilds should be allowed to be a neutral entity by itself in an atmosphere when major conflict is very obviously divided between Shadow and Spirit, but then again I haven't played for a while so my perception may be off.

However, having recently returned, I do find it odd that it is now the guilds which have a larger power to pressure/force things instead of cities, and I feel like that should necessitate an admin-led relook at the roles each guild plays in cities and making them clear cut, instead of allowing them to dictate whose ideals they suit whenever they feel like it. Right now, everything I'm experiencing just feels so messy and I bet it's doubly so for novices.
    RiluoAsaraiiAoi
  • Because I dont forsee this issue with Syssin v BL ending anytime soon, for which Im thankful for because yay conflict, can we get the aura xp looked at? Instead of same side being the xp limiter, can it be changed to same city being the xp limiter??
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

RiluoAarbrokFaerahIshin
  • Xenia said:

Is it still the official stance of the powers that be that the Carnifex must remain a Bloodlochian guild -- is there any chance that they can return to essentially being their own entity without ties to any specific city?

Well, from what I'm hearing, Sciomancers have been trying to move out of spines for years, and were always denied. I imagine it'll be the same here.

XeniaRiluoIshin
  • I don't get why Sciomancers and Carnifex can't do a mutual swap. Over time, the guilds have organically developed their loyalties for each others cities that it becomes oddly OOC for them to be where each currently are.

My takeaway from the Abhorash issue is that some players were unhappy because, from their point of view, Abhorash was cramping their style and vampire RP options. That certain things are admin-set rules that must be adhered to and not deviated from. Yet judging by the admin's responses, it seems that from their point of view, players were over-reading it, and that they were actually ever looking forward to players running their RP ideas as regards the Dominion and Abhorash.

If the signal to the playerbase is to be "do what you like, it's an open world, try to have fun and we'll support you as best we can", then this Carnifex-Sciomancer, Spinesreach-Bloodloch needs to be looked at. Otherwise, it serves to entrench the impression that admin are ever in charge of the decisions, and players remain shy to pursue their own ideas. 

IselleXeniaAarbrokAlastairIshin
  • RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
    There's three big reasons why we don't let guilds move around. Structure, balance and themes:

For structure, one of the big reasons we don't let guilds move around is because we're trying to create a structured experience for new players. Keeping guilds fixed in one city helps us with that as we can tailor their experiences. As an example, we have plans (admittedly, a while away) for a new newbie introduction tour that is different for each city, and has further differences still for each guild. Having the option for guilds to switch cities means that every time they do, there'd be a lot of work for us to do updating Academies, and other things like that to fit. In regards to balance, we have three guilds per city, and I prefer it to stay that way. Guilds are the main means behind a city getting new population (especially from newbie tour), and if a guild moves out of a city and leaves them with less potential population intake, then it leaves that city in a ditch that's going to be hard to climb out of. Finally, with themes, we try to keep a balance of themes in the classes/guilds tied to each city. There's three themes that each guild loosely fits: Warrior/Knight (Physical), Mage/Caster, and the last one is hard to define properly as it changes between scholar and spiritual depending on the city. Again, I'll admit these themes are very loose, and this is probably the least important of the reasons.

All that said and done, we also recognize that the Spinesreach/Sciomancer and Bloodloch/Carnifex split is one that has long since been beyond repair. We're going to be looking at switching them around (eventually) but this is probably not something we'll ever do again.

And that's a not-so-short-answer to a not-so-short-question.
    AarbrokXeniaEleneIlyonAnfiniIshinEmelleIsande
  • @Razmael thanks for chiming in and clearing this up a bit. I really appreciate it.

AnfiniIshin
  • Out of curiosity (and I promise I'm not trying to sound insensitive by asking this so soon, apologies if it comes off that way), but with the departure of Oleis, will the game be receiving another assistant producer?
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    How does this make sense at all?

Both your arms must be free and functioning to do that.
    You are afflicted with left_arm_broken.
    H:7982 M:5621 E:32385 W:24885 B:88% S:100% Mad:0% XP:51% [csdb eb]
    You are wielding:
    Left hand : Nothing.
    Right hand: a jewel-encrusted sacrificial dagger.

I am wielding it in my right arm the non damage limb, not left so why would a single handed weapon that does not require both arms, suddenly stop functioning....

• RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
    Aldric said:

Out of curiosity (and I promise I'm not trying to sound insensitive by asking this so soon, apologies if it comes off that way), but with the departure of Oleis, will the game be receiving another assistant producer?

Yes.
    AnfiniIshin
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    So how about that Syssin Charm that I spent 800 credits on @Keroc
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    FaerahRashar
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    Is revive in ylem/leyline areas a bug by chance because it feels kind of lame to see teams reviving nonstop at these mini conflicts.

• @riluo its not a bug no, Look at the reports someone put in a report to change that.
  • It's been discussed several times, and I thought the sticking point was that if revive was nerfed, undead death sequence would be upped to be on par with living.

As it is, I really don't see revive as much of a problem. I almost never see it used in a fight until one side is wiped, and at that point you're just regrouping and coming back anyway. It's a convenience, not a game change .
  • @Rashar normally Val revives Aishia mid fight. It is a semi problem since VAMPIRES have to die and earthmeld that way to come back. But undead/living can be revived by the skill so technically it does give lifer side a little edge on things But, personally it's what you get for being a Vampire. GET CURED!!

As said, REPORT 2060
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Plus dark side has several corpse destruction skills, artifact exists, and it's just as easy for the other side to grab corpses as you.
  • Is fishing for the 10k faction suppose to be SOOOOOOOOOO much time consuming?

Been fishing for about 2 ooc days straight and only at around 7k.. plus 3 ooc days on and off before someone pointed me to the factions to go above adept.
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    You get 1000 faction for each daily fishing quest.
  • I've done 3 daily quests so far ^ I didn't know that gave 1000.
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    When you do audit health should it not show your natural regens etc like the audit willpower ?

IE:
    Endurance regen every 4 seconds
    ------------------------------
    Base: 6
    Racial regen: 8
    Undead bonus: 2
    Fitness Miniskill: 12
    Endurance Artifact: 30
    Total: 58

Endurance drain every 4 seconds
    Elusion: 15
    Total: 15
    Net regen: 43
    However health/mana looks like this?
    Net regen: 0
    As endgame it should show our natural regens etc?

Melantha
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    With the WANDER function for House npcs should the npc's being wandering the area? I ask because I had some sorted recently and stood with them after ordering them to wander and in the 2 hours they never once moved?

How does the Writing in Color wrapwidth work? It's significantly shorter than the natural wrapwidth of when things go wonky.
  • I'm assuming this is a bug, but before I submit a bug report, is there a lore or other reason the Chiav Workers in Azdun give literally 0 experience?

You step close and thrust a vicious light brown dhurive at an arachnid Chiav worker, twisting around your weapon to strike once more.
    Using the dhurive's momentum to your advantage, you thrust your second blade deep into an arachnid Chiav worker.
    The final blow proves too much for an arachnid Chiav worker, who expires, pitifully.
    Experience Gained: 0 (Bashing) [total: 418271]
    Having slain an arachnid Chiav worker, you retrieve the corpse.
    To go with the Writing in Color Wrapwidth question (it's like 15-19 characters shorter than normal), why does linking files to be clickable keep getting messed up when re-editing?

By this I mean, as an example, in our help index all of the file names are in [[]]. However, whenever I go back in to update something, the [[ are missing so it's a bunch of files with just ]] after them, so I need to go re-add the first part of that pairing. It's getting pretty annoying and I don't remember it doing this before.
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Areka said:

To go with the Writing in Color Wrapwidth question (it's like 15-19 characters shorter than normal), why does linking files to be clickable keep getting messed up when re-editing?

By this I mean, as an example, in our help index all of the file names are in [[]]. However, whenever I go back in to update something, the [[ are missing so it's a bunch of files with just ]] after them, so I need to go re-add the first part of that pairing. It's getting pretty annoying and I don't remember it doing this before.

@Sollace actually asked me about that the other day. There was something wrong with her square brackets or something like that. It was really pissing her off, lol. She kept saying that they would disappear after she saved the ghelp/project edits.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Sollace