Discuss Firstaid Changes (Announce 2437) Here!!

edited September 2015 in Town Crier
See below for details and post questions/feedback/etc:

ANNOUNCE NEWS #2437
Date: 8/20/2015 at 1:03
To : Everyone
Subj: First Aid updates

Hey folks,

We've got quite a few updates to FirstAid for you today, including some big ones like pre-
restoration support, the ability to tell FirstAid you think you're afflicted with something, and the
ability to save, switch between, and share different sets of priorities.

PRE-RESTORATION SUPPORT
-----------------------
You can now set priorities for FirstAid to handle pre-restoring limbs.

Syntax: FIRSTAID PRIORITY PRESTORE
FIRSTAID PRESTORE ON|OFF

For example, FIRSTAID PRIORITY PRESTORE LEFT LEG 15% 7. So, if your limb damage on the left leg is
at 15% or above, then FirstAid will apply restoration to it assuming you have no other salve
afflictions with priority greater than 7. You can use RESET in place of a priority level to unset
pre-restoration for that limb/percent combination. You can also use FIRSTAID PRESTORE ON|OFF to
completely disable/enable pre-restoration without needing to adjust your priorities.

You can have multiple percent values for the same limb too. This lets you do something such as
prioritise restoring your head if its damage is above 20%, followed by restoring your limbs if
they're above 20%, followed by restoring your head if it's above 5%.

FirstAid will only attempt to cure damage that it knows about. That is, if you take limb damage
through blackout, or mind blank, FirstAid won't know about that and won't attempt to cure it. You
can compensate for this by either using the WOUNDS command to reset your known limb damage, or use
afflict prediction (described below) to adjust your assumed limb damage manually.

AFFLICTION PREDICTION
---------------------
You can now tell FirstAid if you think you're afflicted with a specific affliction. Useful if
someone is using hidden affliction abilities on you!

Normal afflictions:
Syntax: FIRSTAID PREDICT
FIRSTAID UNPREDICT
FIRSTAID UNPREDICT ALL
FIRSTAID PREDICTIONS

Limb damage:
Syntax: FIRSTAID PREDICT

For normal afflictions, this is pretty straight-forward. Example syntax is just FIRSTAID PREDICT
STUPIDITY. Predicting an affliction will cause FirstAid to attempt to cure it with respect to your
set priorities. If it fails to cure it, then it'll clear the prediction. This includes through
methods such as FOCUS hitting an affliction that's below the predicted affliction in its curing
order, or TOUCH TREE not hitting anything. Using DIAGNOSE will also reset all your predictions.

For limb damage, you can either tell FirstAid to set your assumed limb damage to the specified
amount, e.g. FIRSTAID PREDICT LEFT LEG 12.45%. Alternatively, you can tell FirstAid to increase your
limb damage by a specified amount instead, by adding a + sign in front of the percent, e.g. FIRSTAID
PREDICT LEFT LEG +3.55%. Limb damage prediction supports up to two decimal places.

PRIORITY SETS
-------------
FirstAid now supports the ability to save and switch between different priority sets. Switching a
priority set will switch all your affliction, defence, and pre-restore priorities. You can have a
max of 5 named sets, and the default unnamed set makes a total of 6.

Syntaxes as follows: (You can also just do CURESET instead of FIRSTAID CURESET)

FIRSTAID CURESET NEW
Creates a new cureset entry, which will have the game's default priorities.

FIRSTAID CURESET COPYTO
Wipes the target set's priorities and then copies your current priorities from your active set to it.

FIRSTAID CURESET LIST
Lists your sets.

FIRSTAID CURESET SWITCH
Switches your priorities to one of your other sets. Use 'none', 'default', or '0', to go back to the
unnamed default set.

FIRSTAID CURESET DELETE
Deletes a set.

FIRSTAID CURESET SHARE
Offer to share your current priorities to a target.

FIRSTAID CURESET ACCEPT
Accepts the share offer, and saves it in a new cure set with the specified name. You need to have a
free set slot for this.

OTHER CHANGES
-------------
Along with those big changes, I've made some other tweaks.

Endgame curing: I've improved how FirstAid utilizes endgame curing. If you were using QUEUE to chain
your balance/equilibrium, it's possible that FirstAid would never use Renew due to never being on
balance to use it. If you are off-balance and FirstAid wants to use Renew, it will utilize the Renew
queue instead so that it will fire as soon as you recover balance. If you've manually set your Renew
queue however, FirstAid will not override it. Also if FirstAid has queued Renew but you no longer
have any afflictions for it to cure, FirstAid will automatically clear the queue so you don't waste
the Renew balance.

New command: FIRSTAID FORCEHEALTH <%>. This works just like the 'forcemana' equivalent. In the event
that both health and mana are below their force percent, then force is ignored and normal sipper
behaviour resumes (i.e. follows vitals priority).

New defences have been added to the defence handling:
- temperance (frost elixir/refrigerative serum)
- speed (speed elixir/nerivine serum)
- venom_resistance (venom elixir/carminative serum)

And lastly, I've updated the display of FIRSTAID PRIORITY LIST.
DristinAarbrokAishiaTrigruRasharRiluoArekaRevaIrruelEmelle

Comments

• RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    I am flabbergasted guys, thank you and be assured I will be using this to the fullest. You just made my day :)

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

AarbrokVeovisXeniaTrigru
  • Riluo said:

I am flabbergasted guys, thank you and be assured I will be using this to the fullest. You just made my day :)

You've been super helpful in helping me test and improve my Shapeshifter offense. I can't wait to see you use these changes against me in testing again. Should be interesting to see how big of a difference it makes.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
    RiluoVeovis
  • Aww, unicorns. Now I have to figure out how to use firstaid to see if it's worth using versus my system. >:)
    DidiOlli
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    Should put the prerestore syntaxes into 'firstaid help' because I couldn't figure out how to turn it on until I found this thread.

:P
  • Alexina said:

Should put the prerestore syntaxes into 'firstaid help' because I couldn't figure out how to turn it on until I found this thread.

:P

Syntaxes in the firstaid help command is a good idea, but for future reference HELP FIRSTAID has a verbose explanation of the system, including pre-restore. Hopefully that'll help!
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Why'd I bother coding my own system if First Aid was going to get all the cool shit :|
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    VeovisRayne
  • I've a question about firstaid, namely, is there no way to disable the use of tree/focus? If not, it would be really great if there was.
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited September 2015
    @Akara are you suffering from the dreaded firstaid vs muddling issue where firstaid tries to cure it and screws up badly each time? If so it is a odd thing as it should not really be curing it but it does for some stupid reason.

Affliction: Muddled.
    Diagnose: suffering from muddled thoughts.
    Cure message: Your thoughts unscramble as your mind regains its clarity.

Description:
    Should you attempt to focus while suffering this affliction, it will cause the focus to fail, go on
    cooldown and take twice the mana.

Herb: Nothing. Slice: Nothing.
    Salve: Nothing. Poultice: Nothing.
    Smoked: Nothing. Tincture: Nothing.
    Special: Time.

Akara
  • edited September 2015
    Another couple of little things.

Firstaid doesn't maintain the insulation defence, which means you have to keep track of salves and salve balance yourself, defeating the purpose of server-side curing.

When you're afflicted with blackout, it touches tree, which doesn't cure blackout and therefore seems pointless aside from wasting a balance.
    Riluo
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    @Riluo I think the consensus was that it's within your best interests to focus muddled away as quickly as possible. If I recall, at least, that's what the numbers added up to, at least. Was quicker to focus it away than wait it out.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

Riluo
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    @Trager really! Well if that is the case then great I will let firstaid do its thing for now and perhaps shift it up the list. It just seems like one of those things given the speed they can drop your mana with bleeding. So I assumed do not let it focus as you are losing more mana from a already depleting pool. Recently I have even resorted to the dreaded siphon target move >.<

• Suggestions (hopefully here's the right place?)
    ---------------------------------------
    • Config for using insomnia vs cohosh (I auto use cohosh right now)
    • Full defence support - currently a lot of general defences can't be added to the list. So far I've found I can't maintain: nightsight, alertness, allsight, cloak, hypersight, holdbreath, groundwatch, skywatch, metawake, shield, selfishness, thirdeye, vigilance, telesense, waterwalk, fitness, deathsight, any Carnifex class defs (and probably any other class defs). Pretty pointless to use firstaid to manage defs if it can't actually manage the vast majority of them. Every one listed here shows 'You may not set such a defence.' for every attempt to add/remove it from the list.
    • Tree profiles - just because I have an aff and no herb bal doesn't necessarily mean I want to touch tree.
    • Firstaid predict to put a def back up that might have been stealth stripped. Ex: firstaid predict insomnia would put insomnia up again.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

IshinAnfiniRiluoXenia
  • As well as the above, can we get:

Firstaid elevate -def/aff- like it also does for afflictions?

MayhemHunting - Discord Chat - CLANHELP MAY (ingame)