LOVE

Comments

• Oleis said:

Had a chance to stand on stage with Sen. Bernie Sanders and briefly meet him at his rally at my university. 4k people for the third rally of the day in a state that hasn't swung blue since the segregationists stopped running as Democrats. Regardless of your politics or your view on his, everyone I've met has to concede that he's an extremely charismatic and genuine guy. Dr. Cornel West was a serious surprise, as I've only known him for his controversial reputation. I found him extremely likeable and well-spoken.

Yw for Bernie.

-Vermont

(Spinesreach): Xiuhcoatl says, "Oh man, grab the children-corn. This is gonna be good."
    AarbrokMarienaAryanne
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA

I saw this today from his campaign, looks like mainstream media is going to finally stop ignoring him.
    MarienaArekaEmelleAryanne
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    edited September 2015
    He's honestly too important at this stage to do so. The most important thing though is that our generation actually has to go vote in order for him to succeed. The next President will be in a very, very influential position since we have two possible Justices retiring and a lot of contentious subjects in the air right now. Just make sure you vote.

Edit: And as Bernie has said, stay politically aware even after we elect him. We've seen what the public can accomplish after the whole FCC Net Neutrality thing when people pay attention. Just gotta keep that kind of thing up.
    MarienaAarbrokZeksagmekObynEmelle
  • Agreed. No matter what side of the aisle you're on, you need to stay abreast of what's going on and hold your elected official's feet to the fire when they go against what they claimed they stood for. I'm all for compromise, that being how agreements actually occur, both sides (mine included) need to stop acting like five year olds and learn they're going to have to give a little to get some of what they want.

That all being said, I'm loving the waves that Trump is making. Love him or hate him, he's got flash and sizzle that you just can't ignore.
    Aryanne
  • This is something our generation really fails at. A lot of people went to the polls the first or second time with Obama and voted for him and expected things to just be...different, you know? The Southpark episode that happened the night of the election really summed up public perception really well - no one really took the time to stop and say 'hey, if we don't stay involved, nothing will change, nothing will really get better'. And so...nothing changed or really got better. And then in the next congressional election, we didn't turn out and the house got swept.
    AarbrokIshin
  • CALENDAR

<3@Razmael
    I mean, you know, an amount.

OleisAsaraiiIshinKerrynTarasAryanne
  • HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro

Probably one of my favorite opening and ending sequences in any movie. Absolutely outstanding each time I return to it.

IsandeAnfiniSarkis
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    edited September 2015
    Love having a full-time job again. FINALLY! It's screwing up my playtime, but I'm fixing my finances!

SaritaEmelleIsandeIshin
    Making steady progress on my student loans.

I would love to pay these off before I'm 45.

ObynKerrynArekaTenshyoIsandeAryanneEmelleIshin

Woooo, looking forward to this.

TeaniIsande
  • Glad to get family time in on this trip. Hadn't been 'home' in almost 2 years.

Highlight of the trip? My gram lives across the road from what was once her huge dairy farm. After gramp passed away she sold it to a younger family. She babysits the girls for them a lot (she's 83, keeps her on her toes and she absolutely loves it). So after picking about 7 bags full of grapes from her grape vines, the girls come racing across the road screaming for gram. Turns out they found a dead pigeon, cut its wing off, and were incredibly eager to present it to gram as a gift.

And I'll be damned if she didn't carry that wing around for the next half hour.

Oh and fishing with my uncle. Every freaking time this man takes me fishing, he just catches them and laughs at my woes. I just so happened to catch the only fish this trip, getting too cold for decent fishing. But yeah did I mention I caught the only fish? @Rashar has some learning to do from this ole fisherlady.

While it's been a total blast, I should actually have a home in the next couple days. I AM READY FOR REAL LIFE AGAIN.

Thanks everyone for dealing with my absence while in leadership positions, I appreciate it lots. :)
    TeaniMarienaIshinEmelleSerrice
  • ( I was rowing the boat. )
    DidiTenshyoEmelle

Oh man, I am stoked for this movie.

Alastair
  • Getting to grab lunch with @Rashar and @Asaraii today. Y'all are the best <3
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    KerrynDidiOleisAsaraiiRasharEmelleIshinTeani
  • So much fun! <3 New Years next @Aldric, you know you want to!!!
    AldricRashar
  • New Years? I thought November came before December :(
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    RasharAsaraii
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    edited October 2015
    Had great time with @rashar and @asaraii as well. I think we should do a group NYComiccon next summer.

Edit: Cosplay as Aet characters. Rash should go as Omei, I think being a catperson in a loincloth would suit him.
    RasharAryanneEmelleAsaraii
  • I hate cats.
    DraimanObynJensenAsaraiiAlastair
  • I love this chance to win an arena promotion. Too bad I'm poor. D:
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Rashar said:

I hate cats.

Cats are terrible.

This is a weird love, its weird seeing my states senator killing it on the internets and apparently the Aetolia forums are no exception

PS I'm in north Carolina for work and will(should) be in Charlotte on Tuesday afternoon/night. Anyone want to meet up?
    AryanneRashar
  • My uncle's cat sat on @Rashar's chest and dug her nails into his flesh every time my dog came near. It was pretty funny.

Love @Areka, that was a fun couple days of Philly time AWRECKA.

Also, love @Goruk, seeing as my first time logging into Aetolia with stable internet and a laptop turned into some entertaining roleplay. Hope to see you around again soon!!! (You better, I was pmuch bribing you to *kick*)
    ArekaRashar
  • edited October 2015
    Asaraii said:

Also, love @Goruk, seeing as my first time logging into Aetolia with stable internet and a laptop turned into some entertaining roleplay. Hope to see you around again soon!!! (You better, I was pmuch bribing you to *kick*)

2015/10/01 20:55:47 - Goruk has chosen to start his journey in Bloodloch.
    2015/10/01 21:45:18 - Asaraii cityfavoured Goruk for: Motivated and hard working.

I think this is a new record or something. It was fun roleplaying with you too!
    RasharAsaraiiAarbrok
  • I don't feel like Bloodloch does a great job encouraging RP or welcoming new people (several character attempts of trying to play Aetolia over a few years) sometimes, and try to encourage it when I see it.
    RasharIselle
  • Asaraii said:

I don't feel like Bloodloch does a great job encouraging RP or welcoming new people (several character attempts of trying to play Aetolia over a few years) sometimes, and try to encourage it when I see it.

And definitely succeeding! As a new(ish) person, I can't overstate how much of an encouraging presence @Asaraii has been. Going off city tells and my own experience, you're someone who actively injects energy into things and reaches out to others, and say what you will but that is rare (and frankly, kind of amazing) to come by. Also, there's a lot to be said for a Bloodlochian who's not afraid to show humor and excitement from time to time!
    Alastair
  • Modem finally crapped out. Had to spend all day, two towns over, arguing with Xfinity to replace the damn thing. 

But! Not only is our new modem free, it has two separate Wi-Fi networks for 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz connections. Perfect for my new tablet.
    KerrynAryanneAarbrokEmelle
    Anfini said:
    Modem finally crapped out. Had to spend all day, two towns over, arguing with Xfinity to replace the damn thing. 

But! Not only is our new modem free, it has two separate Wi-Fi networks for 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz connections. Perfect for my new tablet.
    All the better to help you read KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS.

Anfini
  • I'm too busy trying to REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE
  • edited October 2015

327 bugs! Don't look at me, though. I didn't do jack. @Razmael @Keroc @Oleis @everyoneelse

ArekaAnfiniMalokKelliaraEmelleAarbrokTeaniAlastair

O Ina Garten. I'll summon the flames from hell any day in this wait for Halloween.

ArekaAarbrokIselleIshinEmelle