Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

LinLin BlackbirdThe Moonglade
edited December 2012 in Harpy's Head Tavern
Arbre said:
If we get another shot, I wonder if we should make it two threads - that way when the Aetolia one inevitably gets shut down, this one won't.
Better to ask forgiveness than permission, right? This is the thread where you can gripe about things in Aetolia that really rustle your jimmies. BE NICE OR THEY'LL CLOSE THIS AGAIN.

My current RAGE: How worthless the Cabalist class is if you don't have any skills transcended.

Comments

• AlistaireAlistaire Las Vegas, Nevada
    Alting. Makes me not endgame and uber arti'd. :( Makes life hard, man.
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    How excited I was about becoming Feral Will, and then it turning out to be the worst thing ever.
  • edited December 2012
    Rage at wanting to pick up a new class, but not having the lessons/credits to do so. Not into guildhopping this time, but I want something fresh to play with :(

inb4 "You'd have enough if you didn't guildhop before."

EDIT: Preemptively saying that it should be a rule that this thread contains no:

A) Names of players
    or
    B) Combat logs declaring anything OP. If that acronym appears anywhere in this thread, I'm probably going to have an aneurysm.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    Crafters. Just... crafters.

MastemaZunAldricLunaPeriluna
  • DaingeanDaingean Xanhaal, probably.
    Luminary shield type reliance.

I want to use any shield type I want, dangnabit. I've got a sexy kite shield, and I can't really use it, because it's not a buckler - speed - or a tower - damage - and that's lame.
    Proudly fighting against Greytolia since the [approximately] 3/1/2010 at 18:00.
  • Getting kicked from the order and hexed, all because of what should've been an innocent 20min rp-session. Even more rage since I still don't see how what I did could cause me to get kicked and hexed.

• edited December 2012
    Knowing that logging in might rekindle my skittish panic attacks but dying to log in, all the same. 

Events that happen on sunday nights. 
    Xavin
  • Orisae said:

Events that happen on sunday nights. 
    I'll echo that. Or rather, events that happen when I need to be getting to bed before work the next day!

OrisaeLianca
  • People using the Ignore command as a means of ignoring rp\pk, even when they use skills to follow you around. It is kind of lame and makes it hard to say "bugger off" or "last chance buddy".
    Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
    edited December 2012
    Anyone who abuses the ignore command to avoid interaction but then insists on instigating it can and should be issued if they harass you. That's not what it's for.

Stop abusing legitimate mechanics because you're bad at Aetolia, whoever it is that this needs to be directed at.
    OrisaeAngweHaven
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    Pretty sure ignore-command abuse is bannable.

OrisaeSeir
  • edited December 2012

Eleanor said:
    Crafters. Just... crafters.

Illidan said:
     if you ever see me killing someone (newbies especially) it's because I've had good reason to do so
  • Would this be the place to whinge about Azdun's All-Day Kobold n' Goblin Cafeteria™ and its subsidary Green Goblins' Slice'n'Run™ being closed off, and overrun by spidery jerkwads? That's where I'd get all my blood and guts, man...
    My avatar is not representative of how I or my character look.
  • When you go through those periods where it feels like 90% of your roleplay partners/adversaries/rivals/etc just..don't interact with you.

Realizing that half of that problem is your own fault.
    DashaOrisaeAmaraPhoeneciaLin
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    Mudbot disconnecting me from Aetolia every time I *echo when updating treaties. How am I supposed to finish treaty making when I keep getting bopped off Aetolia?! Rage.

• I putter around Bloodloch looking for people to throw emotes at hoping to find RP, and only come across the West Gate Statue Garden and no one else.

Where have all the Lochians gone? I can't bash endlessly!

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Camille said:
    I putter around Bloodloch looking for people to throw emotes at hoping to find RP, and only come across the West Gate Statue Garden and no one else.

Where have all the Lochians gone? I can't bash endlessly!

We must always be missing each other. Neyfirti and a bunch of other vamps RP too. (Excuse the name butchering!)
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • Come to Enorian!
  • edited December 2012
    Let me just go and harvest my credit garden and I'll be right over!  :p

Mild rage (though I see the necessity behind it) at how hard it is for us can't-buy-credits types to jump ship and go to a different org/guild whenever we want. Otherwise Camille would probably be elsewhere.

On the other hand, it'd be really hard for him to RP "I don't wanna be a vampire anymore!", so even then it'd be out. Phooey.
  • I always just find little ways to try to interact with the baddies, like this recent auction Aren joined :)
    OrisaeDaskalos
  • I. Hate. Tethering.

So, so so so so much. It's not easy to roleplay things out or consider any changes to your character without taking a huge hit in the bank. Especially if you've got multiple classes that you can't bring with you. Not that I'm going to, but still.. the thought of it hurts.

Ouch ouch ouch!
    ArenLinAmaraHaven
    I want to disagree with the above post, since I adore tethers.

I want to agree with the above post, because it's a kick to the [soup can] if you're on one side and really want to take that character to the other, and there should be some sort of program in place to  make that more viable.
    Tethers would be so much more tolerable if it just disabled/make the opposing class dormant while you remain on side <x>.
    havenbanner2
    KerrynAlexinaNolaOrisaeDashaLinAkimoto
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    I tried to agree -and- like Haven's post because I've asked for this pretty much since tethers came out. Alas, we can only like OR agree, so I'll just have to agree.
  • KerrynKerryn The Black Flagon Inn
    Haven said:
    Tethers would be so much more tolerable if it just disabled/make the opposing class dormant while you remain on side <x>
    The one downside I can see to this is people switching sides FAR to often. One week they are spirit aligned, the next shadow. To combat that, I think we should pay a certain amount of credits to switch. Each time you switch it gets higher with the frequency in which you do. The longer you remain on a side, it slowly lowers till it's back to the base amount set to switch.

LinAldric
    Why is side hopping a problem exactly? I understand from a role-play standpoint but mechanically deterring it seems silly.
    havenbanner2
    Alexina
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    I'm not sure why we need to punish people for switching sides when this is a social, roleplay-based game. I've personally considered switching sides since tetherings were released (which must be close to a year and a half ago), but it just is not possible the way things are now. People say a lot of good things about Spinesreach - and I guess there are a lot of good things about Spinesreach - but it never really felt right for me.

Anyway. If we start asking for credits because people switch sides, we might as well make it cost credits if you want to switch guilds or cities, too. Because one week they might be Spinesreach aligned, the next Bloodloch.

Basically, the difference is in the past you could switch sides anytime. No credits loss involved at all; a sciomancer could move to Duiran and it would cost them nothing, a paladin could move to Spinesreach and it would cost them nothing. If this was not an issue back then, why would these people suddenly have to start paying credits for it now? Or, uh, why would the Syssin (or any other neutral-tethered class) have to pay credits to move around? Why would there even be a credit cost for joining a city at all, for any reason whatsoever?

The only thing that has changed is that you now -have- to quit any non-tethered classes you might possess to join the other side. Simply disabling classes instead outright forcing you to quit them is still a loss of 'credit value' for as long as you remain on that side. But at least if things don't work out, you could go back without having lost so many, many, many credits. I guess this is the point I don't get: why would we try to make people lose so many credits just because 'I don't like that you switch sides too often'.
  • KerrynKerryn The Black Flagon Inn
    Because there are some people that would switch on a weekly basis. However, if they did eventually the orgs they switched from and to would start rejecting them form an IC stand point for their indecisive behavior. So I guess it's not really an issue.

• SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    What if there were a small credit cost for reactivating a disabled class? It could be close to or equal to the cost of the class slot, depending on the time disabled, skill ranks, or other factors like that, but still less than the cost of the credits to return to those skill ranks.
    edited December 2012
    I've never really been fond of how Aetolia handles multiclass. It's ridiculously expensive, and really, really annoying.

I know I can buy an artifact to make it easier on myself, but priorities and a limited budget have basically stuck that artifact somewhere around the middle of a list already. I sort of like the whole lose-your-other-tether classes, because it deters the sort of frivolous switching and paper-thin reasoning for doing so. I do get that this is a social roleplaying game, but if you really need to switch sides often, you're probably doing something kinda stupid.

I -don't- think it should be a matter of 'oh, my pal jim is spirit now, gonna go to duiran'. That said, I like Sarita's idea better than I like the idea of losing eight different classes, and I can totally understand that sometimes, roleplay can lead you to the other side. Something -should- be put in place to make it more viable. Even if I'd rather it happened less, no more.

Edit: Spiritbulbs cost twelve percent devotion to refill. They give ten back on consumption. Assuming you've got full devotion, you're filling eight bulbs per full devo, leaving you with.. not enough to do much with, while you sit there for however long waiting for it to come back. 
    >:P
    Xavin
This discussion has been closed.