Fishing

Comments

• edited August 2015
    So uh, I'm not sure if I should bug it or not, but fishing dailies aren't working for me and others as well.

I did my last ones last night, then tried to get new ones 30 minutes after Howling and both NPCs said they had nothing to offer me today.

Really irritating, considering I'm 1 daily away from Transcendent.

Plz do fix or tell me I'm wrong? :(

Edit: Looks like it was fixed! Thanks!
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
  • Any chance we could get the ability to SECURE/QWD POLE in combination of weaponbelts, please?
    It should not have much of combat relevance at all. It is more a matter of convenience, I admit.

And, yes, I am lazy. :p
    Reux
  • Reva said:

Any chance we could get the ability to SECURE/QWD POLE in combination of weaponbelts, please?
    It should not have much of combat relevance at all. It is more a matter of convenience, I admit.

And, yes, I am lazy. :p

You already can use QWD BOTH to switch to/from fishing poles. Do you really need to be rid of the 0,5s balance knock when you start wielding a pole that badly?
    Illidan said:
     if you ever see me killing someone (newbies especially) it's because I've had good reason to do so
  • I only got QDW (and fishing) myself very recently and still have the habit of using SECURE. My fault here
    for not testing both in advance, @Luna.
  • ah but that's because you guys are not privy to the new FISHERMAN-COWBOY class that is presently in the works. the central theme for its combat is how fast you can draw your pole before the other guy. I think an ability like that might have deep combat implications. 
    DidiXeniaAarbrok
  • Lim said:

ah but that's because you guys are not privy to the new FISHERMAN-COWBOY class that is presently in the works. the central theme for its combat is how fast you can draw your pole before the other guy. I think an ability like that might have deep combat implications. 

XeniaAarbrok
  • A Placid Pond. (village of Tasur'ke.) (5384) [-Iosyne-]
    ------------------- v9680 -------------------
    You discern that you are standing in the village of Tasur'ke.
    Your environment conforms to that of Freshwater.

Not sure if we're still listing fishing places here or not, but here ya go.
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    'FACTION INFO GULLEYES' don't appear to be working.
  • HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro
    Alexina said:
    'FACTION INFO GULLEYES' don't appear to be working.
    Might be showing up as FACTION INFO FISHERS again. At work, so I won't be able to check for another 8 hours.

• Can't eat this salamander :<
  • Aishia said:

Can't eat this salamander :<</p>

STOP TRYING TO EAT STUFF. IT COULD POISON YOU YO.
  • MAYBE THATS WHAT I WANT
    Could we pretty please get decimals for catching fish?
    At 3 oz., this is the largest catch of a spotted sunfish you've had at Myesis Branch!
    This is your new personal worldwide record for a spotted sunfish!
    This is the new hole record for a spotted sunfish!
    This is the NEW WORLD RECORD for a spotted sunfish!
    If 3 oz is the world record and someone else catches a fish at that weight, we won't know who's the world champion at fishing. How about displaying weight at x,xx oz? So, if 5 lbs 3 oz was the uppermost weight limit for a particular fish in the code (just an example here), you could reach that, and then a potential 5 lbs 3,01 oz to 5 lbs 3,99 oz, making sure everyone knows who is really the most dedicated fisher.
  • Some folk'll never eat a toad, but then again some folk'll.
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Alexina said:

At 3 oz., this is the largest catch of a spotted sunfish you've had at Myesis Branch!
    If 3 oz is the world record and someone else catches a fish at that weight, we won't know who's the world champion at fishing. How about displaying weight at x,xx oz? So, if 5 lbs 3 oz was the uppermost weight limit for a particular fish in the code (just an example here), you could reach that, and then a potential 5 lbs 3,01 oz to 5 lbs 3,99 oz, making sure everyone knows who is really the most dedicated fisher.

I almost can't tell if you're kidding.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    Xenia
  • Oleis said:

Alexina said:

I almost can't tell if you're kidding.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that she's not... She's a very competitive fisherwoman and skrimp catcher
    Okay. So I just started fishing today and I take this very seriously.

How about instead of just poles, we can get fishing lines, fishing lures/bobbers, and bait to attach to the pole? Some would work better in different locations, etc. Or you could make bait out of all the small, useless fish you catch. Or!

Can we get fishing relics/artifacts?

Can we get other ways to improve reputation with the fishermen people? Like, I don't know, getting rare/exotic fish catches?
    More fishing suggestions.

Like, some way to keep track of fishing records without going to the Gulleyes' office (which I can't even find). Also, not sure if this is a thing or not already, but a way to keep track of who caught the biggest fish over a season/year. I'd totally set up a fishing clan and hold competitions and all.
  • Alexina said:

Like, some way to keep track of fishing records without going to the Gulleyes' office (which I can't even find). Also, not sure if this is a thing or not already, but a way to keep track of who caught the biggest fish over a season/year. I'd totally set up a fishing clan and hold competitions and all.

Woah, easy, tiger.

You don't have to be in the Gulleyes' Office, you just type FISHING RECORDS, also the 'office' I'm pretty sure is where Saaik is(58543).

I'm sure they'll put in more fishing fluff in time. They seem to have been putting something in for it every 2-3 weeks or so. Also, not to burst your bubble, but you can't even get Transcendent right now so its a work in progress still.

As for the clan, @Atticus has already set one up called Aetolian Anglers. Hoping we can get everyone in it soon.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
    We made a conscious decision to release fishing without bait and lures, if only because those components tend to be kind of superfluous in other IRE fishing systems. I wanted as little tedium and buy-in as possible. However, you may notice lures making an appearance in certain special quests and circumstances. They'll never be required for your average fishing trip, but they do have a purpose at times.

I thought we had fishing artifacts already, actually. I'll check on their release schedule.
    [---]
    Malok
    Malok said:

Alexina said:

Woah, easy, tiger.

You don't have to be in the Gulleyes' Office, you just type FISHING RECORDS, also the 'office' I'm pretty sure is where Saaik is(58543).

I'm sure they'll put in more fishing fluff in time. They seem to have been putting something in for it every 2-3 weeks or so. Also, not to burst your bubble, but you can't even get Transcendent right now so its a work in progress still.

As for the clan, @Atticus has already set one up called Aetolian Anglers. Hoping we can get everyone in it soon.
    Fishing record only shows my catches, but the helpfile mentions official record tracking. Also, it'd be nice knowing who caught the biggest fish in a given season/year.
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    I want to be able to catch a rare unknown species and be able to name it after each of my biceps. Gulleyes approved, of course (but of course they approve of my biceps).
    The 'faction info gulleyes' command still doesn't work.
  • Release RAW system @Lim has my back
    Didi
  • Rock
    Illidan said:
     if you ever see me killing someone (newbies especially) it's because I've had good reason to do so
    Xenia
    Alexina said:

The 'faction info gulleyes' command still doesn't work.

I saw your bug for it Alexina, but I'm not having an issue with it and can't seem to find what's causing the problem. I'll have to ask Razmael or Oleis when they get a chance.

Well, it's working now, so someone did something. I know Aoi had the same problem before, so I don't think it was just a syntax error.
    Alexina said:

Well, it's working now, so someone did something. I know Aoi had the same problem before, so I don't think it was just a syntax error.

Razmael fixed it. Not sure if he commented on the bug when he did, but hey! There it is.

Luna said:

Rock

Out of curiosity, how many of the fishing records has reached the upper limit of what's possible for that particular fish?
    Alexina said:
    Rock
    Out of curiosity, how many of the fishing records has reached the upper limit of what's possible for that particular fish?
    I haven't checked in a while, but I'd be very surprised if any have. 
    [---]