MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• Ignotum said:

My specific rage of the day is the NETGEAR WNA3100 N300 wireless adapter. Stop being so unicornsing flaky, you inorganic machine.

I own the same one, and it's pretty flaky. Randomly drops connection no matter what driver I use.
  • Dristin said:

I've worked out and done sports stuff long enough to know that I won't see anything super immediate and it may hurt more for a while, definitely good there. Anything to avoid a huge needle of cortisone or whatever it is. Goes in the hip. Saw my stepmom get it once and had to look away. Topical creams or not, I know it'll hurt like a mug.

Sarita is right, though. It'll be time consuming. I even need to picking up a gym membership so I can use a still bike more for cardio. But you know, I need to lose weight anyways. I may as well give it all a whirl.

Physiotherapy sucks, but it's worthwhile. Having cerebral palsy, I've had tons of it. Cortisone injections aren't too bad, either. They're briefly painful and then the inflammation is reduced, and you feel fantastic. They're a good bridge to the beginning of physio.
    RiluoMelanthaAryanne
  • Veovis said:

Ignotum said:

My specific rage of the day is the NETGEAR WNA3100 N300 wireless adapter. Stop being so unicornsing flaky, you inorganic machine.

I own the same one, and it's pretty flaky. Randomly drops connection no matter what driver I use.
    From what I've gathered, it appears to be some sort of error with the software, exacerbated by its interaction with Windows 8. I downloaded the latest drivers, so far so good, we'll see if it flakes on me again though.
  • @Veovis Right there with you. I got off light with my cerebral palsy, fortunately, but PT... yeah. I actually need to start it up again, but there's this thing called 'money', right up with 'insurance', that I'm rather short on. I'm seriously pursuing Medicaid and disability benefits, on Nurse Mom's recommendation. Hoping so hard that it turns out better than my last attempt. Didn't realize just how much I could claim for, so I downplayed big time. Would appreciate good thoughts, prayers, etc. It would take a big load off if it went through.
    Avatar courtesy of Eleanor. Thank you!
    ~~

~~
    Always interested in knowing how I'm doing!
    VeovisMarienaIsandeAryanne
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    So ESO released new DLC, the Imperial City, which is a PvP/PvE zone in the middle of their PvP area.

They also raised the level cap to v16 from v14. They have made a new crafting material that you need to make gear for v15 and v16 characters.

The only way to GET this material is by deconstructing looted items from the Imperial City.

The only way to get into the Imperial City is through an external entrance, non-portable, out in the PvP area..which means that they want you to pay for content you can't even access, because what is happening? Enemy alliances are camping the entrances and killing anyone trying to get in.

So not only can you not get access to content you have paid for, but you can't even equip your character with updated gear because loot rates are super low and you can't get into the damn place to begin with.

Really terrible game design, this part.
  • I just got home after spending the last..10 hours combined at the doctor's office and ER with my son. Poor thing apparently has croup cough. Combine that with no sleep last night because of it and we're three really tired people right now.
    SaritaEmelleTeani
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

MalokTeani
  • edited September 2015
    ...So I'm on Aetolia earlier, just finished doing a Major, and my bf comes in and tells me someone just broke into our car right outside and stole stuff. He'd been sitting in the livingroom, heard the car door shut, and immediately went to the window to look out and sees his interior light on inside the car. He charges outside, doesn't see anybody but decides to check the car-- whoever it was stole his bag of dice and handmade notebook of D&D character information for 5.0 that he always leaves in there, which means his char is gone unless our GM has backup info. He comes and tells me, and we go driving around the neighborhood looking for anyone standing out and then it hits me...

..the thief also took my bag of boardgames, all of them still less than six months old, that I'd had waiting for the weekly board game night I organized and attend downtown, tomorrow evening. NOT MY GAMES..! I'm devastated because I was still slowly accruing my favorites since most of these tend to be 40-80 dollars a pop and I'm a poor wench. RIP

Boardgame Casualties:
    Lords of Waterdeep
    Pandemic
    Ascension
    Chrononauts
    Fluxx
    Roll For It
    Love Letter

PS: Reported it to the Police and have a case file with the County now, but it's most likely we will never see the games or notebook again. Sucks cause we've lived in this house for three and half years with no problems, neighborhood is quiet and nice, and neither of us had ever been burgled. Ah well!

PSS: Luckily he'd left the car unlocked after going on a late night food run, otherwise the person might have broken a car window! .. focusing on the small victories.
    (Web): You say, "I know there's something I'm forgetting.."
    (Web): Sevaan says, "You forgot to border the letter with macaroni art?"
    AryanneEmelle
  • edited September 2015
    @Isande I'm so sorry; that really sucks. We've had our car broken into three times now but we live in Htown, pretty much. @Zarni had his grandfather's necklace stolen so we know those feels <3

(Spinesreach): Xiuhcoatl says, "Oh man, grab the children-corn. This is gonna be good."
    Isande
  • @isande - if I remember correctly, you've referenced living in Oregon-general-vicinity? I live across the border and so know lots of folks over there, and I keep hearing a lot about how Oregon car-theft-from-home has been on an uptick lately :(

This sucks so much. Especially your case, since the thieves will undoubtedly have nfc what the games are worth and it is totally not what they would have wanted anyway.

Isande
  • I fucking hate people.... with so much fucking passion. Got my car broken in to last night. Fucked up part, my car was locked and they decided to keep yanking on the door and broke the internal latch on my car door. Yay.... They ended up taking my backpack that had personal hygiene products and workout clothes and also stole my fucking military chemical gear.

Now, with the internal latch being broken, my car door won't stay closed, which is a safety hazard in itself. After taking it to the dealership, find out that the part is not in stock and is going to cost me $250 to replace/purchase.... and it'll be out for 2 days. Likewise, military is telling me, "We're going to charge you for losing the chem gear, despite the fact that you took all the precautionary measures to make sure it didn't happen."

However, after dealing with the bullshit that is the bs of robbery and car damage.... I get a call from the dealership saying that the latch was listed as recalled, so its replacement will be free of charge. And because I have a rapport with some of the equipment people, I'm being told not to worry about the chem gear. So... bad day made moderately better.

Still a fucked up day and solidifies more of a reason why I focus more on the bad in people than the good.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• Military will always try to charge you for gear if you say it was in a car, bro. Technically not allowed to leave it unattended in a vehicle. I don't know about you guys, but somewhere in a filing cabinet full of other useless documents is a piece of paper with my signature on it, stating I will do NO SUCH THING.

Buddy of mine got over 2k worth of gear stolen from a parking lot while he was eating food. (On his way home after getting back from an overseas trip). Even with a police report, they were like naw.
    Zsadist
  • I hate being on time for my first ever appearance in a court as a witness and still sitting here waiting an hour and a half after it said to be here. I guess im pretty dumb thinking it'd be done already. Rawrgh.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
    Didi
  • There are two things I really dislike about system building in Aetolia.

- How to tell the system that, upon eating an herb/slice when you're not afflicted, that you're not afflicted with anything that herb/slice can cure. There's no failure message for this, and unless Premonition/Blight/etc give similar messages to Effusions, the task got more complicated.

- Figuring out when when to refill a pipe/syringe. The failure message for not having the herb/tincture to smoke/stick doesn't include what you were trying to use.

I figured the first in the last build that did it, but... more complicated now.

I've never been able to efficiently handle second one though; the best i ever managed is  a ham-handed fill everything at every possibility.

Other IREs handle both issues differently, but meh. MEH
    I mean, you know, an amount.

• Let me tell you about this day.

Started off good. Went to an island with Asaraii, ate a buffalo. Went to Target and bought magic cards, because neither of us have played in a while and hey, who doesn't want to nerd out on top of a mountain?

So then I say to myself, I wonder what this light auburn beard of yours will look like if you, you know. Touch it up with some Just For Men. That's about all it ever takes for me to make a decision, mind you.

Get back, decide to go for a run down the beach. 1 fucking minute into it, my nose starts bleeding. Altitude or dehydration or maybe just the dry air here, I don't know. Oh well, can't stop won't stop gotta go. So I run for half a mile or so until I realize I probably look like some kind of zombie savage with blood dropping off my chin and all over my clothes.

Well, shit. OK. -1 perfectly sized workout shirt. Rip the sleeve off ol' Snoopy and finish up the three miles or so. Only step into one or two sinkholes and eat shit, too.

Get back, sweet. Scrub the blood off my face and proceed to the bathroom for some shower and BEARD EXPERIMENT.

Let's just say that a bottle of face wash and the instructions (pulled from the trash) later, I can firmly attest that they do put regular hair dye RIGHT next to the shaving razors and cream in the store.

And it WILL dye your face brown.
    AarbrokAryanneEmelle
  • That's what you get for using Just For Men, @Rashar.

At this point, I have to pretty much keep clean shaven or else the lady points out the grey that is starting to show in my beard.
    Rashar
  • I'm skipping gray and going full white. Which from what I read is apparently a thing for auburns. :(
    Veovis
  • AUBURN MASTER RACE
    RasharAsaraiiAryanneEmelle
  • I've never once mentioned any off colored hair, and I also told him not to do Just For Men's, however when he insisted I also supporter him.

There's no standing between what Rashar wants and Rashar.
    DidiAldricVeovisAryanneTeaniIsandeEmelleObyn
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    I feel like we need pictures of @Rashar's face, yeah?
    VeovisAryanneTeaniIsandeEmelleObyn
  • I will die first!
  • Not so much a mad as a sad.. Today is the last day at the work practice I have been at for the last year and a half. Due to economy and space, they are unable to hire, so I have been forced to move on. I get that, but it still sucks having to start over from scratch after this long. The next Place seems okay, but far bigger and not nearly as fun, but we'll see what happens.
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    edited September 2015
    Rashar said:

I'm skipping gray and going full white. Which from what I read is apparently a thing for -Gingers-. :(

Edited for clarity.
    Isande
  • Hey us Auburns barely freckle and are the proud and noble overlords of the subspecies.
    Asaraii
  • @Sarita I tried to take a morning picture but it's like this dude knows when there's a camera nearby. If he has any life threatening injury, don't judge me for running past the AED and grabbing my phone, it'll bring his heart back faster! (LEARNED THAT IN EMT-B)
    EmelleVeovis
  • @Aishia
    Rashar is one huge freckle. Ain't no auburn, legit ginger.

AarbrokEmelleArekaNola
  • I have never felt so betrayed, @aryanne.
    AryanneHaven
  • Welp. I got in to the college course, but apparently because I did some course a few years ago, the fees jumped from one thousand to four...Which I can't afford. So after working towards this all year, I can't do it. My plans are in shambles, and it looks like I'm going to be stuck in this shitty construction job for the foreseeable future, with Winter coming into swing. Hurray for being outdoors all day long in the cold and the rain. Life is fantastic.
    Ashmer
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Sevarius said:

Welp. I got in to the college course, but apparently because I did some course a few years ago, the fees jumped from one thousand to four...Which I can't afford. So after working towards this all year, I can't do it. My plans are in shambles, and it looks like I'm going to be stuck in this shitty construction job for the foreseeable future, with Winter coming into swing. Hurray for being outdoors all day long in the cold and the rain. Life is fantastic.

This makes me so angry. I feel for you, @Sevarius.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine