Vote, Citizen!

12346»

Comments

• Yeah, it hasn't died at all. Outside of IRE games Mud Connector is actually used very heavily. We can pull a lot of people in from the smaller dying cockroach muds by getting our rank up. In fact, I've been meaning to do a player review on Aetolia and I encourage anyone else who has good things to say do the same. If you have bad things to say about Aetolia just hold your tongue sir! :O
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Pretty sure IRE turned off player reviews on all MUD sites quite a bit of time ago, due to some cray cray people going wild. I've been voting daily, though - our rank is rising on TMC!
    Ashmer
  • Wow, no kidding. The other day when I checked TMC we were way above rank 100. Now we're already in the 60s.
    :D I added in the link to my vote reminder trigger. More people should!
    Demarcus
  • I'd do that but I'm a nublet when it comes to trigs and such. Woot rank 43 at the time of this post! :)
    Sollace
    Triggers were posted earlier in this thread.
  • got to get back on this voting thing. Aetolia dropped a lot last time I checked.
    AlissandraAshmer
  • We're barely in the top 20. Midkemia Online is #3. My heart is sad.
    Dristin
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia

We're barely in the top 20. Midkemia Online is #3. My heart is sad.

MKO has like, 30 people online max too.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Alissandra
  • That is why my heart is sad. Unless they are cheating, we should be able to double their votes easily. 

If they are cheating, we should be able to cheat better and triple their numbers! 
    edited December 2014
    They just work with laziness better. Their popular free (player made) system pops up voting regularly. Mudbot used to do this but it broke like 5 years ago. There are triggers you can use but let's be honest...anyone putting in triggers likely isn't the target audience we need to get voting.
    Ishin
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Their free public system used to actually lock you out if you didn't vote, but that was changed a good while ago. Now there's a big blue VOTE to the right of the prompt if the GMCP or something displays that you haven't voted yet. Doesn't -make- you vote, but it's like a constant reminder that you haven't voted yet. Pretty neat way to rep the game they really enjoy, imo.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    New Year's Resolution:

vote

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

RilathSollace
  • I want to see Aetolia back in the top 10 !!

How many guilds, houses and cities are lamenting that we don't have enough new people, yeah novices that we can traumatize...er did I say traumatize... no no I meant train.

What do you thing happens to newcomers looking for a mud to play? They check out mainly the top 10!

Soooooooo

VOTE FOR AETOLA
    Faerah
  • You loved the event!

Then VOTE for Aetolia !

KerocObynHadrakDristin
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    DO IT NOW!
  • edited June 2015
  • Finally back in top 10 !!
    NOW AT # 9

VOTE VOTE VOTE

• AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Cmooooooon, what else are you doing. Not Voting? Pffft.

VOTE!
  • How the fuck is Imperian ranked higher than Aetolia?! They don't have anybody there who still actually plays!
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• 'cos Imperium people posted a script to make it easier to vote instead of having to go to www.aetolia.com/vote .. you just type in the alias name!

Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
    @Nalor, find me this script. For science, and great justice.

• I have it in my system converted for aetolia
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
    Can you pastebin it and PM it to me, @Nalor?

• So after fixing my GMCP, I made thing for my prompt that just lets me click whenever I haven't voted. Looks like this.

I mean, you know, an amount.

• I'd heard that some IRE folks will incorporate voting into their systems where essentially if they've not voted they system don't work.

• I think I've seen it move from 9 to 8, close to 7 in the small time I've been here.. Seems Didi is rocking a serious gig here!
  • RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
    Just a quick note I'm closing this thread in favour of a new one I've made (http://forums.aetolia.com/discussion/2072/voting-for-aetolia) which has more detailed instructions on voting. Thanks for your support, folks!
This discussion has been closed.