Short Questions

Comments

• Nalor said:

@whoever the cryptic chest items which have been retired, Can we trade them in or are we stuck with them?

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure you are left with them at this point. You could try it and see if the reroll works.
  • ah shame! No point rerolling but thanks :)@Dristin
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • NalorNalor UK
    edited August 2015
    With the new artifact purchasing way, How do you make it use the 25cr discount voucher?

somehow I completely missed

Use ARTIFACT PURCHASE APPLY to apply tokens/vouchers.

figured it would just do what the old ones did my bad
  • Is tethering changed on guilds or just joining cities?
  • Nalor said:

Is tethering changed on guilds or just joining cities?

Just joining cities, iirc. Usually you'll have to join a city before you can join a guild because of tethers.
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Just cities, yep.
  • That's totally lame.. Thanks tho
    Veovis
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited August 2015
    @oleis @dristin @razmael etc etc Quick question.

I have been switching over my phone system to lua in mudlet and integrating gmcp. I noticed something odd that is causing issues for me with gmcp, namely when I switch to and from shapeshifter and Bloodborn.

For example in Bloodborn I see this when I do:

Gmcp.Char.Status

{
    unread_msgs = "3",
    guild = "Sciomancers",
    unread_news = "0",
    explorer = "a Terran Master",
    class = "Praenomen",
    bank = "2364283",
    city = "Bloodloch",
    order = "Iosyne",
    race = "azudim",
    name = "Riluo",
    gold = "1732462",
    status = "Vampire",
    level = "123 (22)",
    spec = "Rituos",
    fullname = "Dominus, Prince Riluo Nebre'seir"
    }

Now when I do "mutate" to become a werewolf and I get the standard.
    You use Shapeshifting Mutate.
    A low, bestial growl rumbles in the back of your throat as an intense, primal rage overtakes you. Your muscles grow taut, causing you to double over as they stretch and snap beneath your skin, reforming thicker and more powerful than before. A thick pelt of fur grows rapidly over your frame, obscuring your flesh as your body continues shifting, your face elongating into a lupine muzzle, your teeth sharpening into deadly fangs, a tail growing out of your spine, and your hands and feet condensing into sharply clawed paws. As the transformation completes, you give your body a vigorous shake, letting out a bone-chilling howl as you assume the form of a werewolf.
    Your active class has been switched to Shapeshifter. <--- class
    Balance Used: 4.00 seconds
    Equilibrium Used: 3.44 seconds
    You are afflicted with mutation_sickness.
    H:7627 M:7237 E:30250 W:22900 B:97% S:100% Mad:15% XP:22% [csdb --]
    Gmcp.Char.Status

{
    unread_msgs = "3",
    guild = "Sciomancers",
    unread_news = "0",
    <font color="red">class = "Praenomen",
    bank = "2364283",
    city = "Bloodloch",
    order = "Iosyne",
    race = "azudim",
    name = "Riluo",
    gold = "1732462",
    status = "Vampire",
    level = "123 (22)",
    spec = "Rituos",
    }

I defup check and it never changes even though I am using the skills etc. Then I revert:

You use Shapeshifting Revert.
    The primal fury fades into the back of your mind suddenly as you relinquish your hold on your werewolf form. Giving your body a vigorous shake, the fur recedes rapidly, and your body shrinks back to normal size, the muzzle and tail disappearing, and leaving you feeling drained and far less powerful than before.
    Your metabolism defence has been stripped.
    Your bodyheat defence has been stripped.
    Your thickhide defence has been stripped.
    Your active class has been switched to Praenomen. <---- class
    You are afflicted with mutation_sickness.
    Equilibrium Used: 3.94 seconds
    Balance Used: 4.60 seconds

check:gmcp.Char.Status

{
    unread_msgs = "3",
    guild = "Sciomancers",
    unread_news = "0",
    <font color="red">class = "Praenomen",
    bank = "2364283",
    city = "Bloodloch",
    order = "Iosyne",
    race = "azudim",
    name = "Riluo",
    gold = "1732462",
    status = "Vampire",
    level = "123 (22)",
    spec = "Rituos",
    }

Why is it not changing and can it be fixed please :(

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• use Score @Riluo
    Riluo
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    That is just stupidly odd.

And thank you @Nalor

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• its always been that way, I trigger the You switch to MASTERMAN class to score ... don't know correct line of top of my head.

• AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Yeah, it doesn't update until you check SCORE.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

• Ashmer said:

Yeah, it doesn't update until you check SCORE.

way late to the party.. Keroc did a changelog before you posted ^ cl 1008

Char.Status
    ====================
    - Char.Status is now resent upon switching to a new class.
    - Char.Status is now also resent when you swap your vampire spec.
    - Updated 'class' for Char.Status to work with the class change
    arena mod and liaison arena.
    I <3@Keroc.

MalokRiluoTrigru
  • I know that not all promo items that are tradeable are in a help file, but I do know that HELP GIFTBAGS covers a fair few items. Is it possible to have a scroll that annotates all the tradeable items in for credits and how to trade them in.... or is that kind of asking too much? :/
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• Zsadist said:

I know that not all promo items that are tradeable are in a help file, but I do know that HELP GIFTBAGS covers a fair few items. Is it possible to have a scroll that annotates all the tradeable items in for credits and how to trade them in.... or is that kind of asking too much? :/

Have you checked HELP CRYPTIC CHESTS and HELP RELICS? They have a lot of that info. The PROMO TRADEIN ability is specific to the items that are listed in the section below in the giftbag file.
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    Maybe "Small Ideas" was the wrong place to ask: Should the new bird-type minipets be wearable?
    Riluo
  • If you are going to make a change like say... Allowing people to portal into private wings rooms, could we get a changelog or something? It is really nice to find out about the change when someone portals in, kills you, and graffittis the place, while refusing to leave.
    TragerMalok
  • https://www.aetolia.com/races-0

Anyone know where higher rez pictures of these can be found?
    I mean, you know, an amount.

• OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Yarel said:

If you are going to make a change like say... Allowing people to portal into private wings rooms, could we get a changelog or something? It is really nice to find out about the change when someone portals in, kills you, and graffittis the place, while refusing to leave.

It wasn't a change.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
  • @Oleis If it wasn't a change, then they must have been broken for a very long time. You could not locket to them, or portal into them, now suddenly you can do both.
  • Yarel said:

@Oleis If it wasn't a change, then they must have been broken for a very long time. You could not locket to them, or portal into them, now suddenly you can do both.

You can only portal/locket to wing rooms if the process is started when the target is outside of the wing rooms and goes to them before the channel end.
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    Yarel said:

If you are going to make a change like say... Allowing people to portal into private wings rooms, could we get a changelog or something? It is really nice to find out about the change when someone portals in, kills you, and graffittis the place, while refusing to leave.

Heartless bastard, whoever he is.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

DidiAshmerYarel
    It's just a vicious cycle, @Trager. A vicious, vicious cycle.

Trager
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    edited September 2015
    Yesterday, I just realized how warped my perception of Aetolia's time has become. With the new time system, people reaching age 30 are as old as people would've been before at almost 70. In the past, I'd look at peoples' honours as a way of determining whether they were new to the game or not, but things seem so skewed now. I don't know. Part of me want everyones' ages adjusted, just for ease of comparing, but then I realize that's not something that'd be feasible RP-wise. Is there any way we could get a command that lets us check how old people really are, real-life time speaking? Or maybe a new timeline, as in the last year of the Midnight Years has happened and we're starting up something new because suddenly now time moves at a very different pace. Honours could be something like this:

General:
    She is 242 years old.
    She was born on the 7th of Khepary, year 211 of the Midnight Age.
    She was 240 years old when the New Fancy Age began.

People from the new age wouldn't have that extra line in their honours or something. I don't know. Just something I wanted to ask about but didn't seem big enough to start a new thread for.

In the past, people would raise their children up and have people play them eventually, but now, this is going to take four times as long to be feasible. Just a random observation, realizing that this will no longer be realisticly feasible.
    TragerZsadistEmelleMariena
  • To go in line with @Alexina's question.... with the change in time. has the interest rate for banks changed at all or do we still get it every new IG year (which is now 4x longer)???
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    For banks, it's every season, which is on the same schedule it was before.
    Zsadist
  • Dristin said:

Yarel said:

@Oleis If it wasn't a change, then they must have been broken for a very long time. You could not locket to them, or portal into them, now suddenly you can do both.

You can only portal/locket to wing rooms if the process is started when the target is outside of the wing rooms and goes to them before the channel end.
    Exactly! Only that is not what was working. The jerkface in question was able to repeatedly portal to me, since I had no monolith sigil to drop. I would swat him out, and he would portal right back in. Hence why I bugged it, but was told that everything was working as intended. Since I knew that was NOT how it had worked for a long time, I thought some stealth change had been made.
    Malok
  • Yarel said:

Dristin said:

Yarel said:

Exactly! Only that is not what was working. The jerkface in question was able to repeatedly portal to me, since I had no monolith sigil to drop. I would swat him out, and he would portal right back in. Hence why I bugged it, but was told that everything was working as intended. Since I knew that was NOT how it had worked for a long time, I thought some stealth change had been made.
    I locketed to the 'skies' the same day as when you was portaled to. I thought some ninja change was put in place too. @Yarel
    MalokRiluo
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    Having spoken with the jerkface in question, I can attest to Yarel's account of how the scenario went down. He was able to directly portal to Yarel's wing room without trouble, despite being swatted out a few times (that did not dissuade him!). I believe he was under the assumption that it was normal and allowed, as he had just only then returned from a long hiatus. This is just what he's saying, though.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.