MUD On The Go

AshmerAshmer Barefoot AdventurerLife
Okay, so I've heard MUDRammer is probably the best mobile app for connecting.

Does anyone else use it? Or MUD from their phones? I just moved to the iPhone 6 and I'm on kind of a mobile craze. It'd be really cool to be able to play from my phone, especially considering the screen size.

Thoughts? Experiences? What does it look like coding-wise? Obviously it can't read Lua.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

Comments

• AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    I know Volka uses blowtorch I think.... (question mark) - That is also the one I used back in the day.
    I am not sure what @Riluo uses but he seems to do all right.
    Riluo
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    I like MUDRammer. Seems to have pretty advanced capabilities, but I haven't used them.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
  • HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro
    Blowtorch makes me wanna break my phone over my knee and I'm not even 'playing' on my Galaxy S4.

DristinEmelleRiluo
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    I've had a lot of weird crashing issues with Blowtorch on Lollipop. I love MUDRammer on my iPad.
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited August 2015
    I switch between Blowtorch and Pocket mud. Both are viable for general interactions and hunting. However Blowtorch is by far better **for my use** as long as you run firstaid, set up secondary messages and can put up with small spikes of lag. Currently I am making a system on mudlet as it runs on the tablet device I got from work. Therefore I will be migrating over to it as time goes on. I mean I still use the phone (blowtorch) at work as its just easier to bring out at meetings and not get questioned heh!

-Pocket mud was going to be a very good program at one point. Sadly it has been updated to the newer i6 phones and I do not have one. It used a basic lua code that was easy to tweak by inputting triggers, integrating code and is not heavy. However again it was not viable for pk on my little old iphone due to screen size and the lack of space for what I needed to add to it in terms of visuals and dropdowns etc. I kind of like blowtorch as it can do the job and more but you need to limit the info you draw from the game or again it slows down.

-The new pocket mud pro is meant to be fantastic as it is FULLY built for lua users and is built for those who have the desire to really test the program. I did use it for a few months before my original phone/tablet got stolen from my work car and I was kicking arse in pk much more than I do with the blowtorch currently. It had several tabs that I could resize and turn into tables/lists for secondary buttons/announcements and reminders. It would be great to know if others use it and see where it is going in terms of updates.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro
    Emelle said:

I've had a lot of weird crashing issues with Blowtorch on Lollipop. I love MUDRammer on my iPad.

Mine seems to have a huge issue with the keyboard and will randomly enter 10-15 characters of whatever last character I had in addition to the crashing and eats any special characters. I tried to edit a helpfile and it turned into an absolute disaster within a matter of seconds.

• I've been using Mud Master on iPad. I don't care for it. I'll have to try pocket mud and mudrammer.
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    Oh wait I used that too for a bit. It is free still I think too.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• I couldn't get blowtorch to run at all on a Note 4, about 3 months ago.
    I tried various other APKs from forums and whatever but on the rare occasion it would load at all, it would refuse to connect to Aetolia.

And now I don't have that phone anymore so I stopped trying.

My work is supposedly giving me a new iphone soon so I'll try mudrammer then.
    Riluo
  • This is old... really old. But if anyone is still looking.... Lensdroid.
    It's awesome.
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    I use both Lensdroid and Blowtorch. Whichever one strikes my mood. I haven't had any connection issues with BT though. I think my phone's a Galaxy S3?
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • I use Teamviewer through my phone to connect to my laptop. So long as I have connection, I can play with 0 issues. Highly suggest Teamviewer over BT.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

Riluo