Short Questions

Comments

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Could the help file get clarified as to what to do? It tells us to use the Customisation system, and reactions are an entirely different system. It isn't just custom pets being asked about, but the two pre-defined packages, the 500cr bundle and the 900cr bundle.
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    What ended up happening to player houses that had been built in Enorian before the destruction and reconstruction?
    They are disconnected and their owners need to message Raz (or Oleis?) to get them reattached to a room of their preference.
    SaritaNalor
  • Areka said:
    I do not really understand the disagrees, that seems a little petty for trying to help, but OK. Noted.
    I don't agree with that stance. Isn't negative and isn't intended to hurt your credibility.

Thanks for the pet help though. Means I need to get an email together.

Do the reactions need to be defined ahead of time for the 900cr package?
    I mean, you know, an amount.

• Malok said:

I have a short question.

Why exactly does the noon sun affect all vampires regardless of class, but the midnight buff only affects Praenomen?

:/

@Malok the sun burn effect's you no matter what class you're in so, so GET the cure if you don't like it :p

Don't see why on earth the buff should be across classes also that would be totally too op
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
    Malok
  • I think people get ruffled when they make a post an answer to a question objectively stating something they know or assume and someone disagrees with it, considering it goes on their little post tally thingy. Sort of like a don't hurt the messenger type thing, I guess.
    You can disagree, Reux, but yeah, it's contributing to my little points which is a bit of a bummer, and what makes it feel petty and personal (especially in this instance where I was genuinely trying to engage/be helpful/offer a viewpoint based off of my understanding, not being contentious, not being argumentative, not being snide or passive/aggressive, etc).

Idk. Come discuss it? Say why you disagree? Have a dialogue, let's conversate? Gave two options, that's two trains of thought to wander through while seeing if Admin chime in. Don't always have to hit buttons which kind of terminates any interaction or development.
  • I hit disagree because the post I would make would either lead to it getting modded or split off, so instead of having that happen, I clicked it. The end.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
    TragerAarbrokAreka
  • I can't provide an official admin opinion or anything, not my place. But, I can say that how @Areka answered is basically how I view it.
  • RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
    Reux said:

Is the 900cr package for new custom pet + a bunch of features still a thing?

HELP PETS
    For 900 credits, you can get a pet with add-ons 1-4 plus 10 reactions (see #5).

If we have to request these pets by the customization system, when does it know to charge the 900cr for that kind of package?

Trigru is wrong - use the customization system. If you turn on all the features the 900cr package has (except reactions), it'll set the value to 900cr automatically. The reaction slots are added to you automatically after approval.
    Areka
  • TrigruTrigru the Bumberton's Delight
    Sorry 'bout that!
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    edited August 2015
    Razmael said:

Trigru is wrong

Welp, found my new signature.

You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    AarbrokArekaObynTrigruIshinHaven
  • Dristin said:

I can't provide an official admin opinion or anything, not my place. But, I can say that how @Areka answered is basically how I view it.

You do need to consider the whole package. Remember that even with the malus in the sun, you still come back from the death sequence much faster than any living character, even accounting for spirit anchor.

That said, take that as my personal stance, not an official admin statement.
  • I HAVE A QUESTION IS THERE REALLY AN IRONBEARD OR IS IT ALL OLEIS?
  • @Rashar its Oleis dressed up its why you don't get nothing from him! :P
    Dristin
  • TrigruTrigru the Bumberton's Delight
    Give him a few more months and he'll have the beard for it.
    DristinMarienaVeovisTeani
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Personally, it sounds like you guys are mad that Abhorash looks at you all like you're shit, because you act/treat others like shit and are in general useless(in general, not naming names). I mean if I was Abhorash, I'd treat you guys like garbage too, unless you were one of like...four useful people.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    RasharVeovisAarbrokTeaniErzsebet
  • KerrynKerryn The Black Flagon Inn
    @Oleis and @Razmael It was announced that the cryptic chest promo was extended till August 15th, it's now the 18th. Was it extended again or will another promo be announced before the 1st or will we be waiting for the 1st of September to see what new shinies are revealed? I have spending money, but I'm torn between saving it for the new promo or buying more chests.

RasharMalokVeovis
  • Any Abhorash discussions can be taken to the new thread rather than going through here. Thanks!
  • Aishia said:

I can recall in the past being treated poorly or somewhat haughtily by an ALL POWERFUL AND RESPECTED LEADER made me just want to please them MORE, but maybe I just have/had low self esteem. Sheeeiticorns half my newbie experience was just I HATE @ARBRE SO MUCH I NEED TO GET POWERFUL SO I CAN RUIN HER. Some leaders who seem to build their entire power base on it. And she wasn't even the prime example I was thinking of.

I wish they'd split the Abhorash stuff off elsewhere, so we don't derail this thread any further.

The problem with Abhorash is that it is mechanically impossible for you to ever become as powerful as he is, or even powerful enough to challenge him. You could potentially get strong enough to beat Desian or Arbre, or Povox, or Ashmer, or Ezalor, but you'll never, ever be strong enough to challenge Abhorash unless you also become an admin shell with extraordinary in-lore powers.

Abhorash has a lot of history, and his comeback addressed absolutely none of it. He's just super-powerful and relatively one-dimensional. All strengths and no flaws. I really don't expect the @Admin to change their perception of Abhorash based on this discussion.

For me, especially, having him like he is just kills my desire to play a vampire. He was much better as a mythological figure from the vampiric past.
  • edited August 2015
    Veovis said:

What Veovis Posted

Please look at my post above yours and take this over to that thread.
    Veovis
  • NalorNalor UK
    edited August 2015
    has someone broken Xaanhals map within the instance as today (worked fine yesterday) All im getting in every room is, This room has not been mapped.

Would you class the following as a bug/typo?

You accept Konai's challenge, and enter the portal, ready to do battle.

Its suppose to be conner but it keeps saying I accepted myself..
  • So I keep getting told the game has a line for 'before noon' so vampires are aware noon is coming..

Question: WHAT is the line as I've yet to see it..??
    Veovis
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited August 2015
    So can you not order minipets to move in a direction or anything at all!!

H:7627 M:5296 E:30885 W:23385 B:86% S:100% Mad:0% XP:21% [csdb eb] [eas ftr]

order minipet1 go down
    (Tells): A fierce drakir hatchling tells you, "I shouldn't move there."

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• @Admin or @whoever. Is the Spinesreach Academy suppose to give people pipes/tinderbox? as if so, it's not and unsure if its a bug or meant to.
  • Nalor said:

@Admin or @whoever. Is the Spinesreach Academy suppose to give people pipes/tinderbox? as if so, it's not and unsure if its a bug or meant to.

It should give you them in a bag, from what I understand. A smoker's bag.

@Riluo - as far as I know, no, you cannot order minipets to move around anywhere. The only commands I know of are in the HELP MINIPETS file.
  • NalorNalor UK
    edited August 2015
    Dristin said:

Nalor said:

@Admin or @whoever. Is the Spinesreach Academy suppose to give people pipes/tinderbox? as if so, it's not and unsure if its a bug or meant to.

It should give you them in a bag, from what I understand. A smoker's bag.
    @Dristin it's what I thought, but it never did.. I'll bug it tomorrow when I'm back on him
    Dristin
  • NalorNalor UK
    edited August 2015
    Found my answer :dizzy:
  • @whoever the cryptic chest items which have been retired, Can we trade them in or are we stuck with them?