LOVE

Comments

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    A paltry love in comparison, but I really love the Physician film (Der Medicus). I have been watching it a lot lately. It is historically inaccurate, yes (based off of a novel rather than the truer story of Ibn Sina), but it is beautifully done. So many scenes look like they could be great paintings in museums. The scenery, costuming, all of it is on point, the story is engaging, and there is some really, really stunning writing in it. There is a line at the end that has really touched me. Do not watch expecting a fully accurate view of history, much has been adapted/modified to suit the writer (novel writer)'s story, however there IS a good view into medicine in this time period as it contrasts today, and how religion interacted with scientific progress.

Summary: A young man in medieval England with a passion for medicine travels across the world to Isfahan (a fictionalized version), to learn from Ibn Sina (Avicenna) in the height of the Islamic Golden Age. He must deny his religion and masquerade as a Jew, meanwhile the region is in conflict between the Shah and his more decadent court and the invading Seljuqs, who are more ascetic.
    Aarbrok
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Just want to throw some love out there to all the RPers doing their best to spread immersion and pulling people in. It's not as common as it used to be, but there are some brave souls out there! You know who you are!

I've been speaking to a few about things having turned far more into an OOC platform, where help files and mechanics are used as the quickest way, rather than engaging people in some RP. Love goes out to those who, instead of responding with a help file, meets up and pretends to hand over a scroll to read. And to those who instead of directing people to PATH FIND goes over there to point out directions by use of emotes.

Sometimes the best way is not the quickest. These things are what make people want to keep playing and it's what made me want to play in the first place. I wish you all could rub off on the rest. Know that you are noticed. Some people talk about who impresses them and makes them keep coming around. <3

AarbrokEmelleMarienaIsande
  • I love that I'm finally getting some time away from work, and get to advance some things in Aetolia because of it the next couple of days. I love that I'm sitting here watching The Crow, and it's just as great as I remember it.

I love that my best friend came out of her surgery okay, and will be playing Aetolia with us all again soon.

It can't rain all the time.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
    Isande
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Huge shout out to @Keroc for new Indorani. Really fucking awesome.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

Malok
  • Sometimes, being THAT GUY and going toe to toe against an argumentative facebooker is really satisfying. Utlimately both of us will come out feeling like we won and that we were right all along- no one's mind has been changed or broadened, I'm not kidding myself thinking I've done a public service. It is just fun to argue against SJWs and anti-choicers.

Ashmer
  • HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro
    edited August 2015

Yeeeee.

Eeeeeee even more updates today eeeeee

Sevarius

o ty Japan for the best video game commercials ever.

SevariusAryanneIsande
  • I knew that was MGS just from the thumbnail of people in boxes. Kojima, you are so very, very weird.

It is the start of a long weekend for me. I have up until Tuesday to work on my portfolio and play Aetolia, so I am going to enjoy the ever-loving bejebus out of it. Also today is sunny, I have freshly made donuts, chai latte and my brother is away. Good times, folk. Good. Times.
    Isande
  • We finally got our new AC installed today.

It is so cold in the office. I forgot what 70 degrees feels like indoors. Also, I forgot how QUIET the office is without 5 fans running. Slightly unnervingly quiet.

MalokIsandeSevarius
  • Got my first proper taste of RP since joining, and it was fun! Thankya, @Xenia , for helping me out and roleplaying at me despite my nerves and shoddy quality! And @Luna . Oh man, Luna. You so cool. Even if you are the most srs and grave character I have come across yet, I really enjoyed the interaction Sevarius and Luna had, and hope we run across each other again!

Man I am so looking forward to this weekend. It just started and already I'm knee-deep in quality RP. This game is amazing. <3
    TeaniDidiEmelleMarienaRevaXeniaMinaret
  • Quorthon has escaped Slaver's Isle and entered the realm of Aetolia.

Today must be a fine day to die.

<3
    I mean, you know, an amount.

Aryanne
  • THIS:
    Warhounds
    ---------
    * (1955)
    - Chances of hound traits mutating instead of taking from their parents has
    been greatly decreased.
    - Beastmaster ability has a new command for hounds that haven't been
    soulpacted, and are max level: HOUND RETRAIN . This
    will replace the specified minor trait with a new one. Only works for
    non-physical traits and can only be done once a RL day. The HOUND ERASE
    command of Beastmaster still exists for soulpacted hounds.
    - We're going to see how this pans out before considering the artifacts
    originally suggested in the report.

I've so much love for this. Thanks @Oleis, @Razmael, @Keroc, @Trigru and uhhh, I don't know who else is a coder but thanks for taking the reports into account and working to implement something to make breeding more fun and interesting!

LunaReva
  • Xenia said:

THIS:

Warhounds
    ---------
    * (1955)
    - Chances of hound traits mutating instead of taking from their parents has
    been greatly decreased.
    - Beastmaster ability has a new command for hounds that haven't been
    soulpacted, and are max level: HOUND RETRAIN . This
    will replace the specified minor trait with a new one. Only works for
    non-physical traits and can only be done once a RL day. The HOUND ERASE
    command of Beastmaster still exists for soulpacted hounds.
    - We're going to see how this pans out before considering the artifacts
    originally suggested in the report.

I've so much love for this. Thanks @Oleis, @Razmael, @Keroc, @Trigru and uhhh, I don't know who else is a coder but thanks for taking the reports into account and working to implement something to make breeding more fun and interesting!

Not emptyquoting
    Illidan said:
     if you ever see me killing someone (newbies especially) it's because I've had good reason to do so
  • I love that I got to hang out with @Callidora as usual, but this time @Malachai was here too. He and his girlfriend moved in with @Callidora and her fiance today. I had never got to meet him in person before, though she had. It was an interesting evening, and while I loved every moment of it, I was bummed that his girlfriend wont let him play Aetolia anymore or something.

I bought us all a giant pizza and some pasta and drinks and we watched scary movies and had fun.

Then while they were all getting drunk(and I wasnt) I decided to log on Aetolia and got some very cool roleplay from Mandre! Thanks to whoever did that, it was unexpected and a blast!

Also love that I may be getting to be the GM of my pizza place soon. Moar money, but less free time. But it's something.

Life is lookin up!
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
    SilenaKerryn
    Successfully changing my power supply before I get my GTX 970 in a few weeks. I am so ready to sleep for a few hours, but I gotta go into work. Agggggh.

DristinObyn
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    My grandmother's been accepted at an assisted living facility within a few blocks of her sister. The down payment is made, and she is getting her things ready to move in. This is a huge relief, and now it is just a matter of dealing with my grandfather.
    DristinEmelleRasharAryanne
  • TrigruTrigru the Bumberton's Delight
    Hadrak said:

Successfully changing my power supply before I get my GTX 970 in a few weeks. I am so ready to sleep for a few hours, but I gotta go into work. Agggggh.

Oh heeeey I'm rockin' the 970 too. Excellent card.

• Rascal grooming the ear of her new friend I got her.. (unnammed)

I would LOVE to sleep like that with a little fatty sat on my WHOLE body trying to groom my ear!
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
    SerriceDidiKerryn
    Trigru said:
    Oh heeeey I'm rockin' the 970 too. Excellent card.
    I will put it to good use by playing lots of Hearthstone. (also Witcher 3 and DA:I)

Trigru
    edited September 2015
    Love:

KelliaraDamonicusFerrik
  • @Trigru: Yessssss. The Phantom Pain is real. And Delicious.

So much love.
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
    FerrikTrigruDamonicus

Just stick it into my veins. I need an IV drip of Warhammer Fantasy after Age of Sigmar came crashing in.

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Come Monday I start working full time at a nearby school for the rest of the semester! I also have a chance of it being prolonged to include next semester if I handle myself well (which shouldn't be a problem) and I will possibly have time (while still on pay) to write on the essays I need for graduation as a full teacher!

IsandeEmelle

Kill Six Billion Demons. @Trigru mentioned it a long time ago in our webcomic thread and I cannot get over how amazing it is. Love the character designs/world/setting/lor--okay, everything about it--so much.

TrigruAreka
  • Someone on IRC compared me to one of the characters once or something 500 years ago.
    Hadrak said:

Kill Six Billion Demons. @Trigru mentioned it a long time ago in our webcomic thread and I cannot get over how amazing it is. Love the character designs/world/setting/lor--okay, everything about it--so much.
    REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE.
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    I have the new 12 inch MacBook and typing on it is like foreplay.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

MalokDidiEmelle