Animals

edited August 2015 in Idea Box
Random question for all of you:

If you could have any specific animal in the game, that would fit the game's setting, what would it be and why?
Dristin

Comments

• Ya already gave me pangolin in tinglors. I'm happy.

The most I'm looking for is a mount that's comfortable swimming in water and flying through the air. Dragons aren't allowed for custom pets. What's already in the game?

Smirgh?
    Wyvern?

I do feel like giant insects (except spiders) are under-represented. I'd love to see a dire wasp or ant colony and mantis or worms that prey on them. We already have the Mamashi tunnels as a start.
    I mean, you know, an amount.

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Dristin said:

Random question for all of you:

If you could have any specific animal in the game, that would fit the game's setting, what would it be and why?

Cheshire cat. 'cos creepy.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Dristin
  • Aren't there raptors flying through the air over the Dry plains? I'm pretty sure I've seen raptors in room emotes. We should have live ones.
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    'Raptor' refers to a bird of prey, like an eagle or a hawk.

... I would like to see the other kind of raptor though. Maybe in Tcanna?

• Serrice said:

'Raptor' refers to a bird of prey, like an eagle or a hawk.

... I would like to see the other kind of raptor though. Maybe in Tcanna?

You mean a dino type?
  • TrigruTrigru the Bumberton's Delight
    Aetolia doesn't really have dinosaurs. Sorry.
    Dristin
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Hippos - Do we already have those? I haven't been to Tcanna I figured they would be there if we did.

Badgers - Cause they dont give a unicorns.

Drop bears - Cause scary

Wombats - We have a wombat pouch relic, do we have wombats?

Regional creatures or migratory creatures would be cool
    Something like butterflies or birds in the Fall Winter South
    Spring Summer North

Basilisks or Cockatrice - I think with Aalen being gone we dont have any anymore of the Basilisks
    (..and I am a five year old and saying Cockatrice makes me giggle)
    Trigru
  • @Aarbrok There are wombats in Liruma scrublands and badgers in putoran hills. I like the migration thing though!
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Bring back basilisks!
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited August 2015
    • Artic fox
    • Pandas
    • wild dogs in packs
    • Wessel's/ferrets
    • dire wolves

Draco Volans (Let them fly around in forest tree tops or in the deserts eating small mammals/insects) In reality I just want to pinch their wee cheeks. Then make them aluminium armour suits with mini saddles on them. That way weasels can fly on them in attack formations!

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• I'll admit - I forgot how cute those little lizards are.
  • more SHEEP as some how since the new grand library its harder to find them :(
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Turkeys that drop cacheable quills that you can use in crafting as feathers that aren't the concoctions ones.

Apiaries we can build in our homeses.

Finches and house martins.

Warthogs.

Razorbacks (that roam around in a little herd)

Deer (that roam around in a little herd)

Selkies (not really animals but still p. neat).

• edited August 2015
    Packs of were-men ((wolves, bears, crocs, and boars bitten by shifters without being killed. All animal instinct, have to be trained to wear pants one week a year)) Makes sense to me with all the people becoming shifters now and EVERYONE can be part of it, there will always be a few oddities of the bunch, plus that idea of granting animals that sentient thought of men would confuse the animal mind without some teaching.

goaty-corn-- I have always loved the idea of people who are drunk or drinking heavily seeing things that do not exist. One of these things would be a goat with a unicorn horn riding a pink elephant. It would only be seen WHILE drunk, and most would swear by it having captured one as a minipet but when they sober up realize all they caught was a fly on a string!

Book-imps--Something about books I always wished to see had creatures other then mortals looking to pilfer mortal knowledge and understanding, these boogers are upgraded versions of pests that have a similar looks to the Imps themselves! Coming to infest a local library near you!

Notorious Monsters-{NM}-Killing too many of one type of creature has chances of summoning an even bigger more dangerous creature that drops a body part serves as a trophy. Mainly anyone played a Final Fantasy knows about idea going into exploring old areas to find dangerous monsters to hunt down and make a name for themselves!

{For example} Killing hundreds of vermin Rats in Easterport as chance to summon a bigger, smarter, slightly dangerous Rat called by the citizens the Rat King. A rat almost as big as a dog, killing it and giving corpse to the ratman nets you a nice sum of gold and a rat skull to show off at the bar!
    Aryanne
    Pypo said:

Notorious Monsters-{NM}-Killing too many of one type of creature has chances of summoning an even bigger more dangerous creature that drops a body part serves as a trophy. Mainly anyone played a Final Fantasy knows about idea going into exploring old areas to find dangerous monsters to hunt down and make a name for themselves!

This is an excellent idea. We already kinda do this with the cerberus master in Great Rock, but it could definitely come up more.
  • More quokkas. I've only seen one throughout the game... as for why? Who doesn't love a quokka. They're adorable little things and noone can be sad when you see one. Except for @Trikal, because he killed the one I found.

Maybe make a minipet quokka...

(Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

AarbrokDidiSerrice
    wtb velociratpor
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    ZsadistRiluo
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    Be afraid...

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

Ishin
  • Nalor said:

more SHEEP as some how since the new grand library its harder to find them :(

If it's for a recipe, the ones in Liruma suffice as well. If it's not for a recipe, there are sheep in the Vashnar's.
  • Animals mentioned that exist, and where:
    Hippo - one in Dun Valley
    Badger - Putoran, Tcanna
    Wombat - Liruma
    Basilisk - one in Mostyn
    Finch - Ithmias

Just figured I'd share that info, in case anyone wants to find said creatures.
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    I've always wanted to see more game and big game animals for hunting RP and crafting. Big cats, wolves, more bears, dromedaries, elephants, girraffes, apes, ect... Either traditional or realm modified ones would be nifty. I'm aware some of these exist in various forms, but having more than 1 exist would be nice too.
  • @Jensen Tcanna Island is the place for big game hunting. All that stuff is there in good numbers, except giraffes, and not sure about dromedaries.
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    I've never understood Tcanna lorewise. Like wtf are the raccoons there so deadly and wtf do Sentinels not have them as Woodlore ents?

Serrice said:

I've never understood Tcanna lorewise. Like wtf are the raccoons there so deadly and wtf do Sentinels not have them as Woodlore ents?

'cos the ooze got to them turning them into teenage mutant badasses.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Riluo
  • KerrynKerryn The Black Flagon Inn
    Do we have dolphin's? Killer whales? other species of whales, large and small?

I really just want to see some innocent bloke fishing, hook a whale or shark and be dragged to his death.. or eaten.

DristinDidiRiluoHavenAryanneAxai
  • why aren't there any fish named after slyphe. surely he must have a favourite fish. like slyphe's guppy or something. 
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    more things that fly around like in the actual sky, birds, giant predators, rogue airbeasts.
    KerrynAarbrokRiluoReuxAryanne
  • I don't go to vashnar as never can get out of it because of the snow! I used to go to the putron hill for sheep.

We should get a herd of Elephants that stampede you each time you walk past them!
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
    Aryanne
  • I would like the axolotls to ACTUALLY BE axolotls.

ArekaReux
    d'awwwww

DidiAarbrokIshinTeaniAryanne