MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Oh so that's where u were @Isande. Hope you feel better. Being betrayed by meat is the worst of betrayals.
    SerriceIsandeAryanneVeovis
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA

@Aishia is Ron Swanson?
    IsandeAryanne
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Give me all the eggs and bacon that you have.
    AarbrokIsandeAryanne
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    I fucking hate riding with other people while they drive. Most people are nowhere near careful enough for my tastes, though admittedly it's probably a great deal to do with not being in control of a two-ton steel box of death and destruction.

Even more-so, I fucking hate riding with people who are older, who don't fucking pay attention, can't read, and turn what should be a 3-4 hour ride home into a 6-7 hour ride home because you got lost. Twice.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    ZsadistReuxErzsebetDristinAryanneVeovis
  • Ishin said:

I fucking hate riding with other people while they drive. Most people are nowhere near careful enough for my tastes, though admittedly it's probably a great deal to do with not being in control of a two-ton steel box of death and destruction.

Even more-so, I fucking hate riding with people who are older, who don't fucking pay attention, can't read, and turn what should be a 3-4 hour ride home into a 6-7 hour ride home because you got lost. Twice.

Soooo...how did you feel when me, you, and @Callidora were in @Ashmer's death machine on the way to and from Wal-Mart? I thought I was going to die too. Was fun though.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
    Veovis
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Malok said:

Ishin said:

Soooo...how did you feel when me, you, and @Callidora were in @Ashmer's death machine on the way to and from Wal-Mart? I thought I was going to die too. Was fun though.
    About the same, just a little less intense.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Malok
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    Rawr, Math and a new floor in my bedroom has kept me from Aetolia. I am coming back my preciouses, I promise. Bear with me

Malok
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    Something something, bear pun? <3 Mariena

I rage that we could not find a viable bank that was open on Saturday. So my computer acquisition is being put off til at minimum the day after Tuesday. At least as far as ordering goes.
    imageimage
  • Season 1 of True Detective ending, and realizing that season 2 doesn't contain the same people.
    DidiAryanne
  • Rashar said:

Season 1 of True Detective ending, and realizing that season 2 doesn't contain the same people.

It's an entirely different story in season 2.

And I'm at risk of grumbling here about how dissatisfied the end of season 2 left me.
    RasharMalok
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    My death machine isn't that deathy.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

MalokVeovis
  • I stayed awake for like, all of Season 1 of True Detective. That never happens. Already fell asleep a few episodes in of season 2. Give me Matt and Woody back, gdi. :(
    Malok
    Welp just got a call from work saying they are dropping my medical coverage and pay after 8 months of being off work due to injury sustained at work (Broken Back) and ongoing rehabilitation, which my next appointment was set to be thursday.

So spent my entire morning on the phone with lawyers so I can start a lawsuit and try and pay my bills all while prepping for school.
    Unicornsing save me, I might have a breakdown.
    Didi
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    *hugs* @Aarbrok. I'm really sorry for you. You don't deserve more crap to happen to you. If you need me, you know where to find me.

• We seriously need a "Hug" button specifically because of this thread.

@Aarbrok I hope you get a GREAT lawyer who nails their behinds. Good luck and hang in there.
    (Web): You say, "I know there's something I'm forgetting.."
    (Web): Sevaan says, "You forgot to border the letter with macaroni art?"
    AarbrokAryanne
    Meeting with lawyer next week, until then no more medical care, no more prescriptions and no more pay until I figure out things, the only difference is, I am a (b) rhymes with witch, my work ain't going to be happy now that I hired one of the best lawyers for this in the state.

I really just want to be healthy again and back to normal, its not even about money for me as much as getting me back to normal D:
  • Good for finding a good lawyer, @Aarbrok. Feeling better is the most important.

Today was a regular checkup at the doctor, but my blood pressure was high. So I had to go to the hospital, that just opened and will be my delivery hospital 3 days ago, to the Labor and Delivery to get checked out. 4 HOURS later, after being told everything seemed okayish, I got sent home with overnight tests to do here. Have to go back tomorrow evening and get tested all over again.

Poor @Piper got stuck at the hospital with me, and I will miss getting to take her to the airport to see her off! But I will say that this week has been absolutely fantastic otherwise.

KerrynAarbrokVeovis
  • Good luck my friend. I had similar issues with my work-related back injury. Hell, my uncle nearly had his neck broke and is permanently disabled now but it took a solid 2 years for his lawsuit to get taken care of. Just stick to your guns no matter how negative they are, don't let them discourage you (as much as you probably already are).
    IshinMariena
  • Hexxus = Severn

I have no good reason to think this, since they have little in common, but now that I've made the connection, it's stuck in my head. Maybe Tim Curry would make a good god of lies and artifice.
    I mean, you know, an amount.

DidiTeani
    My shiny new shiny job of awesome has a serious flaw. Training ends at 11:00. Which. Would be fine if the bus didn't stop running at 10:15. Most of my options involve a 3-4 hour bus ride in one direction, plus or minus a few miles of walking.
    imageimage
  • @Minaret and I have been stuck at the hospital since Tuesday while she endures a prolonged, aggravating, painful, non-sleep-friendly prelude to labor in the form of many, many contractions. I have been here with her. Sleep has been difficult for both of us in this hospital room, and while it is a roomy hospital room with a nice view it is still a hospital room and we would rather be at home with our yet-to-be-born-daughter instead of here waiting for her.
    ArekaKerrynTenshyoAarbrokDristinObyn
    Lots of love to @Ignotum and @Minaret you are two pretty amazing people who when the time finally does come all this wait will be irrelevant because there will be a miniature amalgamation of all the awesome parts of you both that has been brought into this world. Lots of good vibes and thoughts heading out your way,

In true Aetolian spirit - SOON (tm)
    KerrynArekaDristinAryanneMarienaTeaniEmelle
  • Babies thinking they own the place!

AarbrokDidiDristin
  • I hate that I might have a dead mobo on my hands and I don't have adequate ways to test that. No case speaker for the system, no flashy lights or warnings on the mobo, no dvi cable (only hdmi, which isn't on the mobo) and vga, which isn't seeing a signal at all, and just...

UGH

The motherboard of this spiffy new comp won't  give any video signal. I can't tell if it's booting or not because all the fans spin, the USB devices and getting power, but...
    I mean, you know, an amount.

• SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Ladies, if you ever agree to be part of one of your best friend's special day (wedding day) as matron of honor/maid of honor/whatever, don't get a cold three days before it. Especially not if the majority of the wedding events are taking place in those three days. You'll be miserable, living off a diet of tea, cough drops, and leftover cupcakes and cookies from the wedding shower. All of the nice new things you got to wear to the assorted showers, henna parties, bachelorette thingies, bridal party manicure sessions, whatever, will come home smelling like Vick's vaporub. Also, your phone's autocorrect won't know what to make of the term "Vick's vaporub", which may lead to awkward texts being sent to your husband while he is at the bachelor party.

In other news, I'll be back sometime after the wedding stuff is over.
    DidiDristinTeaniAryanne
    Everything in my state is on fire, woke up to a house filled with smoke.

-Eyes burning
    -Can't stop coughing

It may be just a regular tuesday for you Australian folk, but...not used to this.
    AryanneVeovis
  • It is only supposed to look this overcast when there are CLOUDS in the sky. Instead everything looks this worrying shade of red through the smoke :(

Aarbrok
    edited August 2015
    Stay safe you guys. :(

Unrelated rage-- and this in no way pertains to Reux's player who has been -awesome- in trying orchestrate the creation of my new desktop and is super helpful and awesome, but we got all the parts for it Friday. The mobo wasn't working, came to us with broken pins, so we hunted down a reasonably comparative model we could pick up in town instead of waiting the week or two it'd take to return it and get a replacement part and it doesn't work either. Different problem. The computer starts, and then almost immediately stops. Fans spin for a second, make a sound, and then stop. The things are all plugged in and seated where they should be. It isn't the power supply. We tried it with Reux's as well as the one we bought for mine. He's not done trying to fix it, but if it's something to do with the mobo, the cheapest one we'll be able to lay hands on before weekend's end is like 65$ more than the one we bought originally. Is just super frustrating. Especially since I have training all week again that keeps me out of the house from around 12:30 till 11:30, so even if we do get it fixed and working over the week, I won't really be able to play with it at all until next weekend.

Mrrrf. Related: A metric ****ton of loves for Reux's player, for spending so much time (and dismantling his own computer for testing purposes) helping me with all of this.

Edited to account for the language censor's inability to recognize word-fusion curse words.
    imageimage
  • RMA the defective boards. If it's spinning up for a moment and then stopping it's either the power supply (which you seem to have ruled out), the power cable, which would honestly be hilarious if that's the case, or the Mother Board. Weird problems with peripherals can also cause power issues, or if for some reason your power supply is rated for a lower amount of power than your components require.
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited August 2015
    Trying to learn to code a full limb class offence from scratch. Took me four FUKIN hours to code on my a 7 inch touch screen and with no reading glasses:

general overview of system core:
    ---------------------------
    if not broken then break it.
    if broken then damage it
    if damaged them mangle
    if mangled..... not done yet.
    Because I want too throw the phone at the wall!!!

In all my time at trying to learn classes this has been the hardest to code up thus far and I am raggggggingggg!

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."