Short Questions

Comments

• OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Teani said:

Not sure if it's been asked before...
    Now that weather has been altered, will tailors be able to put different degrees of warmth to items they design?

a warm winter coat - warmth 10
    a cotton dress shirt - warmth 5
    a skimpy thong - warmth 1

The basic clothing patterns all have warmth values assigned, similar to what you're describing. I'm not sure there will be a need for per-design warmth values.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    I have jacket designs that should be much less warm than the base. Aesthetic pieces that have a lot of exposed skin. Some shirts are warmer than others. Sleeveless silk is cooler/Long-sleeved wool is warmer than the base.

Have a liason report in asking for something similar to what @Teani asked for. Though I've since come to believe that maybe actual numbers is a bad idea if it's going to be a crafter-alterable system, because crafters can sometimes be a bit. Nitpicky. Maybe just a looser system of like 'lightweight' 'normal' 'moderate' 'heavy' or something like that, that's settable.
    imageimage
    Teani
  • She just said that.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Well, that's what I meant. Just some kind of way to set clothes to a degree of warmth they provide. You can have a warm winter coat at 10 and a summer jacket at 3, but they are still both based off the coat design. In the end, if you wear too many "warmth points" in the desert, you're in trouble. If you wear too few in the tundra, you'll turn into an ice statue! :smiley:

• TrigruTrigru the Bumberton's Delight
    I personally would not mind a "light/moderate/heavy" system with pre-determined numbers, but allowing direct control over the warmth would completely negate the effects of the new weather system. But again, I do like the idea!

(Maybe call it "skimpy", "normal", and "totally overwrought", given Aetolian crafting!)
    Teani
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Areka will wear a coat of wrought iron padded with tlingor hide.
    TrigruDidiEmelle
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    My point was not that every jacket was consistent, or that clothing does not realistically vary in its usefulness against temperature. The distinction just doesn't matter all that much in how players interact with the weather system. 
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    How not? If you could wear a super heavy coat over your shirt instead of a coat, a shawl, a cloak, and a vest over your shirt for the same amount of warmth, I'd say there's value in that.

Even in the Aureliana which isn't -super- far north, it took, assuming jewelcrafts have no warmth values, a gown, stockings, boots, a coat, and cloak to get her to just -barely- not consider the weather outside as 'leaving her frozen' or whatever the message was. Checked all this a week or so ago, so it -was- tail end of winter, but that's still a ridiculous amount of clothes. Especially if you consider material composition/coverage.
    imageimage
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    edited August 2015
    Underwear counts, just saying.

I live in Spinesreach which is always pretty freezing and this...

(resting atop his forehead) : a pair of dark-tinted welding goggles
    (illuminate with latent ylem) : a ylem-infused clawed gauntlet
    (draping cross-body elegantly) : an indigo sash of the Inquisitor
    (tailored to his body) : a slim-fitted cream dress shirt
    (tied neatly into his collar) : a geometric pattern bow tie
    (fashionably worn upon him) : a sleek, dark blue brocade vest
    (fastened to display a silver buckle) : a dark leather belt bearing a geometric buckle
    (worn upon his feet comfortably) : a pair of charcoal espadrille shoes

Plus underwear is enough.
    I slip on a coat and slip off a coat depending on where I am going cold or hot.
    I need to design matching underthings. I just hate crafting underwear. It sits in the queue -forever- because no one wants to deal with it. Still. Just saying, thigh-high boots, a floor length velvet dress and a floor length velvet coat should be sufficient. Even if I've forgotten underwear. I lived in Canada (and NY) during the winter, even during blizzards and such, it doesn't require 20 pieces of clothing for warmth. Think it's silly that a coat -and- a second piece of outerwear is necessary. And that it might not be if we had a reasonably varying system.

Though, I suppose if we -did- have a varying system, the current outfit might not do it, because the unnecessary cloak is made of sheer lace, so it'd realistically not add much warmth.
    imageimage
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    (protecting her neck from the elements) : a hand-knitted fiery scarf
    (protecting her scarf from the elements) : a hand-knitted fiery scarf
    ErzsebetTrigruRiluo
  • Does the culling artifact work on the Manipulation Returning skill or is that another one of those 33% chance cullable skills?
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    33% chance.

Periluna
  • Does anyone know why exactly the Knuckles artifact can increase Tekura damage by 35 percent but the Shapeshifter claws that cost the same only increase Ferality attacks by 19 percent? Im just curious if it was always like that or a liaison change ot something else.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
    Knuckles only affect punches, which compromise roughly 50% of the damage of a combo. Overall net effect is basically the same.

Erzsebet said:

How not? If you could wear a super heavy coat over your shirt instead of a coat, a shawl, a cloak, and a vest over your shirt for the same amount of warmth, I'd say there's value in that.

Even in the Aureliana which isn't -super- far north, it took, assuming jewelcrafts have no warmth values, a gown, stockings, boots, a coat, and cloak to get her to just -barely- not consider the weather outside as 'leaving her frozen' or whatever the message was. Checked all this a week or so ago, so it -was- tail end of winter, but that's still a ridiculous amount of clothes. Especially if you consider material composition/coverage.

That is not a ridiculous amount of clothing.
    Aarbrok
  • Is the aboveclouds_flight artifact not considered an upgrade of clouds_flight? It doesn't look like I can use the current artifact purchase system to upgrade clouds to above clouds presently. I don't know if this is an oversight, or if they're not considered upgrade items like how a stat has three levels. Possibly because the pricing isn't the same as it is for other leveled things? Curious as to if I can upgrade wings of the eagle to wings of atavians.
  • HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro
    Trikal said:

Is the aboveclouds_flight artifact not considered an upgrade of clouds_flight? It doesn't look like I can use the current artifact purchase system to upgrade clouds to above clouds presently. I don't know if this is an oversight, or if they're not considered upgrade items like how a stat has three levels. Possibly because the pricing isn't the same as it is for other leveled things? Curious as to if I can upgrade wings of the eagle to wings of atavians.

If I recall correctly, it is not a true level 1/2/3 artifact like others. You'll want to contact @Razmael directly with this question.

• Is this an error or just the help relic items being so wrong

a keeneye monocle (RETIRED)

I Just pulled 3 out of a chest even tho it states they're RETIRED? or, Am I getting the wrong meaning of retired wrong.. I'm so confused
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • Nalor said:

Is this an error or just the help relic items being so wrong

a keeneye monocle (RETIRED)

I Just pulled 3 out of a chest even tho it states they're RETIRED? or, Am I getting the wrong meaning of retired wrong.. I'm so confused

I'm usually responsible for updating that file. Raz had said that he was possibly going to un-retire some things, but I didn't get any specifics. I'll follow-up with him and see about updating the file. I'll do a changelog when said file is corrected either way.
  • Thank you :P @Dristin
  • Anyone know the crit % on the keeneye monocole thing? the help relic items doesn't say ..
    edited August 2015
    2%

It also lasts a really long time, like 4 IRL months.

• Should weather be effecting us if we're indoors?
    A powerful surge of wind blows you tumbling over and onto the ground.

You discern that you are standing in the Shadow Keep.
    Your environment conforms to that of Castle.
    You stand upon the Continent of Sapience.
    You are in the Prime Material Plane.
    This building belongs to the Carnifex.

Nope! File a bug and we'll see if the room oughta be marked as indoors.
  • I have a short question.

Why exactly does the noon sun affect all vampires regardless of class, but the midnight buff only affects Praenomen?

:/
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
    Could be an oversight, but I would imagine because
    a) Balancing the stat stuff with combat
    or
    b) Vampirism in itself is a static state/race/choice with innate weaknesses. Praenomen (though I imagine Rituos would also be bundled?) are actively employing use of Blood as a primary focus, embodying all of Abhorash's whateverness thus benefiting from his Shadowbaby.
    DristinMalokReuxAishia
  • Is the 900cr package for new custom pet + a bunch of features still a thing?

HELP PETS
    For 900 credits, you can get a pet with add-ons 1-4 plus 10 reactions (see #5).

If we have to request these pets by the customization system, when does it know to charge the 900cr for that kind of package?
    I mean, you know, an amount.

I do not really understand the disagrees, that seems a little petty for trying to help, but OK. Noted.

Yes that 900cr package is still a thing. Yes it goes through the customization system. You can comment on your customization, I would imagine you would CUSTOMISE (num) COMMENT (the things you want added for them to adjust the price), before you submit it. Hopefully an upstairsy type can confirm/better clarify in the two help files, especially when it comes to how to deal with reactions which seems to be a separate system! This would be good to know.
    Yes, the custom pets are totally up for grabs! Any item like that is mediated through an e-mailed request - the pet is designed from the ground up and the bound credits taken directly from your character.
    DidiRiluo