Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• I've agreed with Malok.

We can all hang it up.
    MalokIshin
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    Isn't at all the same thing, was my point. And hiding may be a 'fundamental defense' but it's one that almost every class has a way to see through anyway. I do have characters that have the shrouds. It being able to be used while hidden would benefit me too, and I'm still taking the stance I am. For that matter, even if you -could- hide, mechanically, I wouldn't because I think it's bad roleplay.

imageimage
  • TrigruTrigru the Bumberton's Delight
    My solution to the snowglobes would be to remove them, but that ain't happening!
    IshinMalokLimDristinSaritaXeniaLuna
  • The snowglobes are really really nice and really useful. I agree with @Malok in that there should be a way for more active players to be able to get them once again, even if it means buying them off someone who no longer wants it.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

Malok
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    edited August 2015
    Honestly it's such a huge freaking gift horse and you guys should probably be spending absolutely no time looking in the mouth. >_> I mean sure I get why u'd be jealous if you don't have one but if you have one <_<
    RasharIshinLim
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    edited August 2015
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Aishia said:

Honestly it's such a huge freaking gift horse and you guys should probably be spending absolutely no time looking in the mouth. >_> I mean sure I get why u'd be jealous if you don't have one but if you have one <_<</p>

We're talking about someone who finds global emotes as immersion-breaking. Let's utilize some grains of salt here.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    I've brought it up before, I know, but maybe a (reasonably priced) artifact could do the trick? Something that would:

TRANSCRIBE (book 1) TO (book 2)

Which would copy a book similar to a library but keep book 2's custom description.

Though it would be really nice if libraries kept the custom book descriptions when something was copied.
    MalokErzsebet
  • Areka said:

Not sure how possible it would be, but it would be nice if GMs and HoNs could have little alerts whenever a mechanical novice of the guild logs in, similar like you do with allysense or having someone as a protege.

I agree with this so much, I had to click 'Agree' and then quote your post in a reply. Look at how agreeable I am being right now!
    MalokErzsebetXenia
  • Can we get some way to see how much damage per hit our golems/minions/familiars do?
  • Veovis said:

Can we get some way to see how much damage per hit our golems/minions/familiars do?

It should be something in config, as I don't remember which one it is, but when I use Carnifex and my Warhound triggers Warhound Openings and does its hit, it shows me how much damage it is. Might be mobdamage or something. Not logged in at the moment, so I'm not sure.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
  • Malok said:

Veovis said:

Can we get some way to see how much damage per hit our golems/minions/familiars do?

It should be something in config, as I don't remember which one it is, but when I use Carnifex and my Warhound triggers Warhound Openings and does its hit, it shows me how much damage it is. Might be mobdamage or something. Not logged in at the moment, so I'm not sure.
    I have CONFIG MOBDAMAGE ON, but it doesn't show my golem's hits. It will show how much damage I do with my flail, but not the golem.
    A way to copy firstaid settings the way you can copy colours would be -amazing-. Especially since they reset to blank anytime you guys do anything cool with the system/make major changes. Would be much easier to just do 'copyfirstaid Erzsebet' on an alt and have the settings all copy over the same way the colours do.
    imageimage
    Rashar
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I think the firstaid settings are a bit more proprietary, so people wouldn't WANT you stealing their prios.
  • I think she means the way color configurations are tied to account. So when you make a new alt you can copy over your standards.
    Erzsebet
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Oh! That just brings me back to Razmael boggling at me for never having changed from default colors. >_>
    Trigru
    What Rashar said. Mean your own. I can't do copycolours Aishia. Only people listed on my own characters list.

I'd even be cool with it having a balance or something so it couldn't be changed mid-combat. Would just be a lot faster/easier in general.

imageimage
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Yeah what you mean makes more sense now that I understand!
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited August 2015
    @razmael @Oleis with the changes to time artifact's like the prayermat have been halved in useability. Is it therefore possible to have artifacts such as these that are time IE useable once per month tweaked. For example instead of once per year perhaps twice, or for longer periods to reflect the new time changes.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

It would be neat if org credit sales could be automated to a point.
    - Org sets a threshold of credits they do not want to dip beneath. So long as there is an excess of credits, credits can be purchased from that org. Example: 1000 cr threshold. Org has 1300, so 1300 credits can be purchased/transferred by org leader, but once it hits 1000, the automatic purchases cease being available.
    - Org sets frequency of member purchases (by RL days). So if it's once a RL day, or once a RL week, the system knows and will allow/disallow purchases.
    - Org sets basic price tiers by rank, minister status, or secretary/council status
    - Org sets if default purchases are bound or unbound
    - Org members go to the bank and GUILD/CITY/HOUSE PURCHASE # CREDITS, which transfers them and deposits the gold (in inventory) to the primary account.
    ZsadistKerrynUrialFaerah
  • an Artifact to change your tethering!

From the scroll you can hold both spirit and shadow skills (unless I'm reading it wrong). So why not make a one time use artifact to switch your tethering class to the opposite to what you are?

Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
    Veovis
    You can hold both spirit and shadow skills, just spirit skills go dormant if you join the Shadow tether, similarly as shadow skills go dormant if you join the Spirit tether. They will not remain active at the same time/useable at the same time.
  • KerrynKerryn The Black Flagon Inn
    I believe he means for the purpose of jumping sides and bypassing becoming a citizen to a city in order to switch your tether.

Ah, he said 'switch your tethering class to the opposite' which suggests turning Luminary into a shadow class rather than bypassing city reqs and making it dormant
  • It'll be wonderful to get a way to add functional kennels to havens. It makes sense for a Carni to have the hounds nearby and it adds unique flavor. It could be done using up haven points or by paying a fortune in gold. A stationary artifact would be fine, too!
    XeniaIsandeEydis
  • Areka said:

Ah, he said 'switch your tethering class to the opposite' which suggests turning Luminary into a shadow class rather than bypassing city reqs and making it dormant

Meant tethering class as in tethering side then guilds can't make ya pay out of the nose for they own mistake.
    It would be really, really awesome if we could config which way decay times show - as months (now with decimals) or as Howlings (as it used to be).
    edited August 2015
    @Nalor I have no idea what you are saying. What guild is making you pay? How? For apprenticing?

Do you mean making Luminary/Ascendril/Zealot/Templar/etc work with Shadow tethering, or being able to change your tether on your own without joining a city (so as to join a Shadow guild while remaining cityless)?
  • As in make spirit go dormant so you can use shadow without joining a City considering guilds don't change tethers!

Shame with making shadow go dormant so you can use your spirit classes