Big East Coast Meet

So, something I've been throwing around all year so far and that has been considered even further since meeting some more Aetolians this year is a larger east coast meet. The place, and dates are all very vague so far. This thread will be for serious discussion of the meet, and for if anyone wants to throw their name into it as well. A central location needs to be decided upon that is good for everyone interested. I know some people from further up north in New York may not want to drive down as far as some of us are willing to drive, and etc. I'm going to tag people below who have shown interest when asked or that I think may be interested. If you aren't in the list, you're more than welcome to post and say you'd like to do this too. I may end up making a Facebook Group for it too.

People:

@Malok, @Catty, @Callidora, @Akirash, @Ashmer, @Ishin, @Dristin, @Oleis, @Malachai, @Asaraii, @Mariena, @Aldric, @Areka, @Sarita

That's everyone I know that is either close, or I have already asked, or may or may not be interested. The idea tentatively so far has to have it be in either Washington, DC or somewhere further north in Pennsylvania or New York. The time that has been thrown around is sometime in November. This is mostly so we can do it while giving everyone ample time to prepare and also so it's before @Aldric has to move away to the west coast.

Thanks for reading!
"Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
DidiAldric

Comments

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    DC is do-able for me.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Malok
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    DC works for me too.
    Malok
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Same
    Malok
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    I will, as always, toss my name on the list even though it'll be unlikely. Who knows, I may be able to this time.
    MalokHaven
  • Certainly on board with DC! Not too bad of a drive whatsoever.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    Malok
  • All of my doings are baby/husband pending. We have a trip planned for around our birthdays in September, so not sure I'll be able to do both.
    Malok
  • Dristin said:

All of my doings are baby/husband pending. We have a trip planned for around our birthdays in September, so not sure I'll be able to do both.

Carpool with some of us or something. That being said, if anyone has trouble with getting a way to the meet, I'm willing to come get them and schedule myself extra time off to do so.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
  • wait i have to learn kung fu?
    MalokVeovisAsaraii
  • Okay so, most people seem interested in Washington DC so far(This is awesome because Sarita can come, and I've never been to DC). I think the next thing to decide on is how many days we can all stay, or want to stay. Also, where we can/want to stay, and what we're generally gonna be doing. I was looking at DC's little tourism page and I forgot it had the Smithsonian Museums...the nerd in me would love to visit those. Thoughts? :)
  • VeovisVeovis Florida
    DC is a pretty awesome place. I may or may not insist on spending most of the day at the Smithsonian and/or China Town.
    Malok
  • Yeah, no doubt. I think all of us nerds would love to visit those places. I know I would! We need to figure out how many days we all wanna stay and where we're staying, etc. A Facebook Group probably will be the best way to accomplish this, as the thread keeps getting bumped down. No worries. I'll fix it up soon. :)
  • Have a fun trip and learn a lot:)
    Malok
  • Okay. Made a Facebook Group and added everyone I had on Facebook whos mentioned in this thread. For those of you who aren't, heres the link and you can bug any of us to add you if you wanna come to this thing.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1468716593448327/