learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • LimLim
    edited July 2015
    Beryl sea at raim vale 21036
    Also 58698

Spring. v9738. Small pool in crack of the cliff

River. v4615. End of the crystal river

Freshwater. v37006. A serene, shallow pool amid greenery.

Pool. v9738. Small pool in crack of the cliff.
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    I think this is a bug. Kind of a substantial one, at least...

You have received a quest! Check out QUEST FISHING_DAILY for more information.

The Gulleyes: Catch 'o the Day:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Level: 0
    Area: the city of Esterport
    Giver: Saaik

Saaik, the Master Gulleyes, has challenged you with catching a particular fish. Catching
    this fish will surely improve your standing with the fishermen of the Gulleyes faction.

ABANDON QUEST FISHING_DAILY if you wish to abandon this quest.

Personal Completions: 5
    Total Completions: 135
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You greet Saaik with a sincere smile.

Saaik raises his mug with a roar, "Well done, pup! Well done! That's a beauty you've
    caught!"
    You have completed the FISHING_DAILY quest!
    [Gold]: You have gained 500 gold.

Yeah. No fish listed. Instant complete. I'm not complaining about the bug, mind you, I'm just bringing it to your attention so I don't get turned into fish bait.
  • A deep pool.
    ----------- v8110 -----------

For fishing.
    So, I have to absolutely hand it to everyone who had any hand in making this system. It is by far the absolute best fishing system out of any of the IRE games. Things I love:

1) Different areas = different fish. And I mean, not just like "inland fishing vs. deepsea fishing"

2) Fun and interesting. I caught a walleye for the first time yesterday. It is that element from WoW of "OMG IT IS A REALLY RARE SPAWN!" that made those silver and gold baddies so fun. I can't wait to see what other 'unfamiliar creatures' I keep discerning actually are.

3) Useful. You can actually make a few thousand gold for your time. The faction points means you don't trans fishing immediately. Etc.

4) Daily quests means something to do every day.

5) No bait. I can't stress how useful this is. Nobody actually wants to BUY bait. For seriousness. Let me spend a bunch of money to get some clams to put on my line to lose to the fish to... blah blah blah. Yeah. Forget that garbage. Just cast, lets assume I used my freaking ninja-reflexes to grab a minnow out of the water to put on my hook, or kicked over a rock to grab a worm. Or went to the Black Flagon Inn and bought a pouch of synthetic Powerbait with patented @Kerryn home-made loving that makes fish go gaga. You get the idea.

Seriously. Kudos. Go get yourself a beer. I know I'm going to get another right now.
    DidiAarbrokGwenith
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    edited July 2015
    @Razmael or @Oleis - Could we have a way to perhaps preserve our trophy fish?
    Esterport Taxidermy (As @Areka suggested)

A (fish) mounted on a wooden backdrop
    MOUNT (fish) ON FRAME

Hung to preserve a trophy catch, a (fish) has been mounted on a veneered backdrop to display a trophy catch for all to behold. (Or something)

I think it would be cool, but maybe its a higher rank thing, just thought now that I caught the Myesian Gobbler (lol on the name.) I could hang a specific trophy catch maaaaaybe?
    ArekaKerryn
  • HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro
    Aarbrok said:

I think it would be cool, but maybe its a higher rank thing, just thought now that I caught the Myesian Gobbler (lol on the name.) I could hang a specific trophy catch maaaaaybe?

I'd expect to see that as a fitting reward from the Gulleyes down the road for your diligence.

Aarbrok
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    I'm pretty sold on a Taxidermy talent for even more than fish. Is that something that would interest you lot?
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    JamiKerrynAarbrokArekaSarkisAldricIshinVeovisXenia
  • KerrynKerryn The Black Flagon Inn
    Oleis said:

I'm pretty sold on a Taxidermy talent for even more than fish. Is that something that would interest you lot?

OMG Yes, please!

Aarbrok
    @Oleis - YES (Haha, that would be epic!)

• Nope, Sarkis Aneneas.
    Aarbrok
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms

Sarkis
    PLEASE! Make the NPC involved with Taxidermy to be modeled after Chuck Testa.
  • edited July 2015
    Two things I've noticed:
    1) If you start fishing and then unwield the rod, it will continue the process
    2) you will continue to collect fish to your bucket after you reach the 100 item count.

@Areka is right, that is not the case, my bad!

You sure on 2? Mine shows me throwing it back into the water after I exceed 100 and have no more empty buckets.
    Aarbrok
  • edited July 2015
    What did the fisherman say to the Indorani?

Pick a cod! Any cod! :P

All I can really say is wow....I love everything I have seen so far out of this. It takes time, patience, an gives a smelly ol bat brat like me something to do while stuck at work!

May I also request fishing net traps? Mainly for crabbing/shellfish types! The idea for net traps is you set them and forget them for a period of days (up to a month) for exotic catches.

Lusternia made a system called "Ur'Traps" mainly made for catching kill-able mobs dropped in environmental specific areas.

I only support Taxidermy if you gimme the ability to make Didi the wall-mounted animated singing fish ^.~
    Didi
    The blessing/boon/favor bug reared its ugly head the other day again. Had a Boon from Haern and got king salmon. Very frustrating to keep losing out on the one good source of faction points when its faction points I need to progress. Catching 2000 fish >>>> 1 daily quest that is completable. Still, overall a good system! We'll get all the bugs soon.

Taxidermy... eh. Could be alright. I wouldn't mind some sort of chalk board in Esterport with the world record for each type of fish and who holds the record.

• RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
    Demarcus said:

The blessing/boon/favor bug reared its ugly head the other day again. Had a Boon from Haern and got king salmon. Very frustrating to keep losing out on the one good source of faction points when its faction points I need to progress. Catching 2000 fish >>>> 1 daily quest that is completable. Still, overall a good system! We'll get all the bugs soon.

Taxidermy... eh. Could be alright. I wouldn't mind some sort of chalk board in Esterport with the world record for each type of fish and who holds the record.

I think I tracked down the blessing/boon bug and fixed it, so it should work properly for quests from now on. Re: chalk board, we do have stats and rankings for fishing in the works. You can look at FISHING LOG and FISHING STATS for an example. I'm still working out some kinks with them though (stats is inaccurate about a few things) so I haven't announced those features yet.
    Demarcus
    Razmael said:

Demarcus said:

I think I tracked down the blessing/boon bug and fixed it, so it should work properly for quests from now on. Re: chalk board, we do have stats and rankings for fishing in the works. You can look at FISHING LOG and FISHING STATS for an example. I'm still working out some kinks with them though (stats is inaccurate about a few things) so I haven't announced those features yet.
    Sounds good, @Razmael . Sorry I won't be in Vegas this year to protect you from all of those Achaeans and Midkemians and hyper-friendly Imperians. A little last minute plus I took my unofficial vay-cay this week! But yeah, good jorb on the fishing and I can't wait to see what arties and stuff come out for it!
  • RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
    Glad you're enjoying fishing!
    Demarcus said:

Sorry I won't be in Vegas this year to protect you from all of those Achaeans and Midkemians and hyper-friendly Imperians. A little last minute plus I took my unofficial vay-cay this week!

It's alright, I couldn't afford the trip this year anyway. But hopefully Oleis, Trigru and Silena are dealing with them!
    AarbrokIshin
  • VeovisVeovis Florida
    Oleis said:

I'll start PKing again if you do this.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Let me eat raw fish. Man you don't even have to let EVERYBODY do it just let ME.
    Serrice
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I'd even accept if I had to salt it first or something :neutral:
  • HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro
    Aishia said:

Let me eat raw fish. Man you don't even have to let EVERYBODY do it just let ME.

Ishin
  • I love how all this works, I really do, but I don't understand why I can't move up to the next rank in fishing. I can't use the wooden pole (1 lesson to go) even though I can buy it from the shop. The NPCs don't tell me anything about it and I still see the "You are unable to advance without the help of the Gulleyes." even though I'm rank 2 now. What am I doing wrong? Do I have to wait until I do another quest for Saaik even though I moved up to rank 2 from turning in buckets?

It's becoming frustrating not knowing what I have to do to continue moving up in ranks...
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    From what I've gathered from people, you have to do the daily quests to gain rank.

Saaik has a quest for ranking up to wooden poles, you have to catch a specific fish for him separate from the daily quest.
  • edited July 2015

I love how all this works, I really do, but I don't understand why I can't move up to the next rank in fishing. I can't use the wooden pole (1 lesson to go) even though I can buy it from the shop. The NPCs don't tell me anything about it and I still see the "You are unable to advance without the help of the Gulleyes." even though I'm rank 2 now. What am I doing wrong? Do I have to wait until I do another quest for Saaik even though I moved up to rank 2 from turning in buckets?

It's becoming frustrating not knowing what I have to do to continue moving up in ranks...

@Winterlynn if you check FACTIONS you see how many points you have with each faction. You need to get to a certain point (I think 10k points) with the Gulleyes before ranking up. This can be done through completing dailies for 1k or turning in buckets for 50 points.

I have a question about dailies and forgive me if it's been answered already. Are they given out ever Aetolian day or every RL day. From what I can tell it seems like the latter, unless I'm doing something like getting the daily on one day and completing it the next and having to wait for the following?

Aarbrok
    Every Howling for fishing dailies