Quotes & Misquotes: Falling Off of Bridges

Comments

• Was wandering around, exploring the shiny new temple, when this happened....
    A shaded olive grove (55966) - the City of Enorian (183)
    The walkway ringing the very edge of the Temple comes to an abrupt end here, giving way to verdant greenery and tangled undergrowth that shades the stepped garden from sunlight and starlight alike. Rows of olive trees arc around to match the Temple boundary, their gnarled trunks and branches rising up as if to brush against the sky. The marble Temple walls stand at one side of the grove, and at its other edge lies a wrought iron fence, overlooking the gardens below and the canal which surrounds the Temple and its overlapping marble and greenery. There are 4 gnarled olive trees here.
    You see a single exit leading north.

probe tree
    Almost as wide as it is tall, its shade brushing the ground where it grows, this olive tree's gnarled branches spread outward and upward, permitting ample space for its fruit to grow.

A gnarled olive tree is currently bereft of ripe olives.

It weighs about 625 pound(s).
    A gnarled olive tree is holding:
    50 gold sovereigns.
    Nothing.

You blink.

You get 50 gold sovereigns from a gnarled olive tree.

You feel overcome by awe and cannot keep it from showing on your face.

You say, "Money really can grow on trees."
    ...Praise Varian!

(Web): You say, "I know there's something I'm forgetting.."
    (Web): Sevaan says, "You forgot to border the letter with macaroni art?"
    TragerAldricMarienaAryanneMinaretXeniaHaven
  • IngramIngram Alaska
    Sarcastically, Kanivara Cardinalis says, "Right, people are a commodity, how
    dare I forget that."

You smile and say to Kanivara, "We give them teddy bears and shit."

Kanivara Cardinalis says, "That doesn't make cages any better."

Trikal says to Kanivara Cardinalis, "He didn't say they were commodity, they're
    being adopted into stable living conditions."

Kanivara Cardinalis says, "In cages."

Trikal says, "Housing units..."

You say, "Cages are just smaller, barred rooms really."

Kanivara Cardinalis says, "The name makes no difference, a cage is a cage, a
    cell is a cell. That's not -right-."

You say, "We even stretched to make them high enough the kids can stand upright
    in them."

Kanivara's expression turns to one of fury.

You have emoted: Ingram brushes a hand down the front of his tie, squinting at
    the wall with a smile. "Because Ingram's Corner for Wayward Wee Ones is a corner
    that cares."
    TragerAryanneEmelleHaven
  • Wylliam's voice resonates across the land, "This is for all the young in the Realms. Join up."

Current event: Free-For-All
    Player Health/Mana Location
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Wylliam 6834/6834H 3700/3700M A rugged ascent
    Conner 6989/6302H 5220/5220M Among the misted Sycamore and Elder
    Jura 4507/4507H 3700/3700M A well-traveled watering hole
    Latharn 5273/5273H 4042/4042M A well-traveled corner in the lush forest

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Age is just a state of mind, y'know?
    Isande
  • Angwe said:
    Age is just a state of mind, y'know?
    Is Duiran having a midlife crisis?

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• edited July 2015
    Most people by now know I made a big winery area off my shop in Spinesreach. So, let's play my new favorite game... "Spot the sleeping Syssin."

A fire-warmed common room. --- Area 105: Spinesreach -------- v54658 --- [ ]-[>] [<] | [+] / [<]-[ ] / \ | [ ] [ ] --- A fire-warmed common room ----- 7:1:0 --- A velvet-lined wooden basket has been set here for the disposal of used glasses. A black iron fireplace is here, 2 plush, reclining burgundy armchairs have been placed at it. Sprawled out in a reclined, burgundy armchair, Ishin snores lightly. He wields a spiked kite shield in his left hand and a hammer of forging in his right. out A courtyard draped in willows. --- Area 105: Spinesreach -------- v56785 --- [ ]-[>] [<] | [x] / [+]-[ ] / \ | [ ] [ ] --- A courtyard draped in willows - 7:0:0 --- The stars glimmer down from a clear and cloudless sky, bathing the landscape in silvery light. A flowerbox is here, bursting with fertility. Iron chains enveloped by bleeding heart vines, a swing hangs from a nearby tree. Invitingly draping between two trees, a knotted gray cotton hammock is hung here. Arm over his face, Zarni lies in a knotted white cotton hammock, sleeping soundly. You see exits leading east, southeast, southwest, and in. in;d A candlelit wine cellar. --- Area 105: Spinesreach -------- v55048 --- [+] --- A candlelit wine cellar ------ 7:1:-1 --- A repurposed wine cask table is here, 2 curved wooden stools have been placed at it. Inkh is here, resting in the corner with his hat pulled down over his eyes. He wields an iron-tipped whip in his left hand and a buckler in his right. You see a single exit leading up.

So much love for my Guildies. They make me laugh. :smiley:
    IsandeTragerXeniaTeaniAryanneAldricEmelle
  • Faerah said:

Most people by now know I made a big winery area off my shop in Spinesreach. So, let's play my new favorite game... "Spot the sleeping Syssin."

A fire-warmed common room. --- Area 105: Spinesreach -------- v54658 --- [ ]-[>] [<] | [+] / [<]-[ ] / \ | [ ] [ ] --- A fire-warmed common room ----- 7:1:0 --- A velvet-lined wooden basket has been set here for the disposal of used glasses. A black iron fireplace is here, 2 plush, reclining burgundy armchairs have been placed at it. Sprawled out in a reclined, burgundy armchair, Ishin snores lightly. He wields a spiked kite shield in his left hand and a hammer of forging in his right. out A courtyard draped in willows. --- Area 105: Spinesreach -------- v56785 --- [ ]-[>] [<] | [x] / [+]-[ ] / \ | [ ] [ ] --- A courtyard draped in willows - 7:0:0 --- The stars glimmer down from a clear and cloudless sky, bathing the landscape in silvery light. A flowerbox is here, bursting with fertility. Iron chains enveloped by bleeding heart vines, a swing hangs from a nearby tree. Invitingly draping between two trees, a knotted gray cotton hammock is hung here. Arm over his face, Zarni lies in a knotted white cotton hammock, sleeping soundly. You see exits leading east, southeast, southwest, and in. in;d A candlelit wine cellar. --- Area 105: Spinesreach -------- v55048 --- [+] --- A candlelit wine cellar ------ 7:1:-1 --- A repurposed wine cask table is here, 2 curved wooden stools have been placed at it. Inkh is here, resting in the corner with his hat pulled down over his eyes. He wields an iron-tipped whip in his left hand and a buckler in his right. You see a single exit leading up. </div>
    Love these sleeping poses! Good efforts to remain IC whilst idling. (I assume that's what's going on anyway, or maybe this is all an elaborate ruse to gather intel while pretending to snooze! Hmmmmm..)
    FaerahAryanneAngweEmelle
  • (Bloodloch): You say, "Sordes, Melacia, Ahuul... you new Orphan Slayers... need anything?"

(Bloodloch): Ahuul says, "More orphans."

(Bloodloch): Yveria says, "Slay their parents, and you will have them."

You bestow your cityfavour upon Yveria.

:D:D Maybe it's because I'm super sleeps, but @Yveria that was perfect.
    TeaniIsandeAryanneRasharAhuulTrager
  • @Yveria is smart
  • I laughed. My thought process after that was this is the darkest chicken or the egg scenario I've run into.
    "Don't say another word. Up until now, I've been polite. If you say anything else - word one - I will kill myself. And when my tainted spirit finds its destination, I will topple the master of that dark place. From my black throne, I will lash together a machine of bone and blood, and fueled by my hatred for you this fear engine will bore a hole between this world and that one. When it begins, you will hear the sound of children screaming - as though from a great distance. A smoking orb of nothing will grow above your bed, and from it will emerge a thousand starving crows. As I slip through the widening maw in my new form, you will catch only a glimpse of my radiance before you are incinerated. Then, as tears of bubbling pitch stream down my face, my dark work will begin. I will open one of my six mouths, and I will sing the song that ends the Earth."
    AsaraiiTeani
  • You follow Yeras to the north.
    In a wide junction (19070) - the Fengard Keep (42)
    A large, split archway stands imposingly here, its smooth gray stone worn by time and engraving. Upon it, hundreds of strange symbols have been carved deep into the rock, spiraling upon the pillars of the archway in dizzying patterns with no apparent cohesion. The corridors below the archway stretch southward and to the southeast, while the earthy pathway continues off into the northwest, brightly illuminated with torches at regular intervals. Oozing pus, a horrid basilwyrm rests contemptuously here. Hovering several feet in the air, a necromantic construct of thick ribbon gyrates chaotically. Grinning with a wily bloodlust, an ogre berserker stands here, growling loudly.
    You see exits leading southeast, south, and northwest.

An ogre berserker snarls angrily at the corpse of a young troll and moves in for the kill.

(Web): Yeras says, "Target: Ogre."
    t Ogre
    [Source]: Info: Target set: Ogre
    An ogre berserker puts his full weight behind the length of steel in his hand, slicing into Yeras with his bastard sword.
    Yeras eats some irid moss.

(Web): You say, "Apparently you are the corpse of a young troll."
    (Web): You say, "This is your life now."
    Lleminara
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    Entering the fishing shop, doot doot.

Beside a ramshackle fishing sloop.
    The sun sinks toward the cloudless horizon, shining out radiant and fiery from the western skies.
    Hagriphim sits atop the pier here with legs dangling beneath him and fishing rod in hand. A shrouded
    angel floats here like a drowned thing, surrounded by a chill aura. Phendegwen Tanarian, The Engineer is
    here. He is riding on a large war elephant. He wields a spiritual mace in his left hand. You see a sign
    here instructing you that WARES is the command to see what is for sale. A rickety fishing sloop, laden
    with fishing rods and other supplies, bobs alongside the pier here.
    You see a single exit leading west.

The deepening night provides hope for the coming of the dawn as the moon traces its path across the sky.

Phendegwen beams broadly at you.

Phendegwen pats a bamboo fishing pole in a friendly manner.

Phendegwen Tanarian, The Engineer says, "Fishing!"

Atticus gives Phendegwen a tight hug.

Sir Atticus Sinclair, Reaper of Harvests says, "Fishing!"

Phendegwen beams broadly at Atticus.

Mariena looks back and forth from father to fiance. She is clearly confused by the appeal.

Ahhh... Male Bonding Experiences?

TeaniDristinIsandeTenshyo
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    (Liaisons): Lim says, "Ideally at some point you should be able to work your
    way up and catch slyphe, yeah."
    (Liaisons): Aishia says, "Or at least a large kelki."
    (Liaisons): Aishia says, "Mermaids."
    (Liaisons): Lim says, "With fronds like these who needs anemones."
    (Liaisons): Obyn says, "Your theory has merit but it fails to take into account
    the fact that slyphe isn't a fish."
    (Liaisons): Lim says, "Does slyphe like fish?"
    (Liaisons): Obyn says, "Well yes."
    (Liaisons): Lim says, "Then we should be able to catch him."
    (Liaisons): Obyn says, "Also, people more versed in the lore than me may
    correct me, but I'm pretty sure kelki aren't actually fish either."

TragerErzsebetKerrynMarienaAryanneLleminara
  • Buncha weirdos in that channel, I swear.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    You can catch anything if you have the right bait!
    Aryanne
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    A few hilarious things while fishing... because, you know, breaking things is fun.

You carefully investigate the area, looking for details about the fish you might find.
    You are standing within Shallows of the Beryl Sea.
    The shallow waters teem with unfamiliar creatures.
    You sense that you will be unable to catch any of the fish that remain here. Your Fishing
    ability is not yet advanced enough!
    You have not fished here before.
    Equilibrium Used: 2.00 seconds
    >ab
    Practical Skills Rank
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Fishing 100% Transcendent (Modified from Novice 16%)
    -----------------------------------------------------------

-> DANG those are some outrageously difficult fish to catch...

You reel frantically against the fish's bulk, trying to bring it closer to you.
    With a mighty heave, you lift an ocean sunfish out of the water.
    Added an ocean sunfish to your bucket!
    At 0 oz., this falls below your heaviest catch of an ocean sunfish at this hole by 0 oz.

-> But not as elusive as the non-existant-yet-existant fish!

Also, the bugs have been patch, thanks to @Obyn . It was fun being a cheating McCheaterson while it lasted. Bwahahaha!
    Aryanne
  • (House D'baen): Abhorash says, "You rarely bore me so far, Asaraii. You are..different. Though, I think sometimes you may still need to bathe more often."

EmelleAryanneDidiAsaraii
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bug # 2029 Archived[x]
    Reported 2014/07/07 17:24:37 by Angwe
    Log:
    Description:
    campsite
    Resolution:
    OOH TELL ME MORE
    I, uh... sorry.
    :s:sweat:
    AldricAryanne
  • "Lemaen, the Exiled relates the story of a promising young Syssin who met an end
    through experimenting too adventurously with his own venom."

You also have to be careful of the venom that makes your palms hairy.
    And if you're rajamalan, it'll make your hands bald. Weird shit.
    Didi
  • "Savage and with a tint of malice in her eyes, Xenia plunges her hand into the body's chest (somehow) and draws from between the ribs a mortal heart still dripping blood. "Have you had the pleasure of crushing a man's heart between your hands, Cohort?" she asks, the carnage lingering still in her tone and expression."

<3@Xenia
    XeniaTrager
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    RIP @Xenia's boyfriend.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

• awwwww, now i feel bad!

• SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    We need more newbies like this. Or whomever. PEOPLE.

XeniaEmelleTeaniAryanneHaven
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    So can we see the dish's design @Xenia?
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Honestly you guys are amazing, I was so happy to see how dedicated and happy everyone was as you guys were putting this together and helping her get this. If anything it was an honor to be moral support and break character to give Didi hugs on her trek to Tekal.

High fives for everyone!
    Rashar
  • edited August 2015
    (Enorian): Tenshyo says, "Eyyy."
    (Enorian): Tenshyo says, "Err."
    (Enorian): Tenshyo says, "I'm old?"
    (Enorian): Valingar says, "A fine warcry."
    So unexpected! @Tenshyo - you're the best! And @Valingar - quick on the uptake as usual!
    HavenTenshyo
  • It is now noon on the 2nd of Arios, year 453 of the Midnight Age.

(Bloodloch): @Zsadist says, "I'd suggest getting inside. The sun is at its highest peak."

Attempting to brave the sun's rays, Zsadist has been burnt to a crisp.

(Bloodloch): @Cariv says, "Can."

(Bloodloch): Cariv says, "Can I just uh. The irony is palpable."
    ErzsebetDidiXeniaEmelleIsande
  • To be fair... i had attempted to conjure darkness, but mudlet froze on me. :disappointed: Stupid ass sun. Worst introduction of the sun... ever.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

DidiAsaraii