Project Source Support - Version 1.1 Update - 6 JUNE

Comments

• No, the prompt is the exact same. The script is the exact same. :neutral:
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    ...terrible. You guys may want to check into return isPrompt(), then instead of setting to perl regex, you set to Lua function. That will make it so that it fires on prompt rather than on a matched trigger. You can still cap things off of it, you just have to do it via gmcp instead of capping off the line itself. Which, probably, is more efficient. It's how I did it in my system that I'm currently coding on, and I am coding it to be as efficient as I can make it.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    The prompt is captured via perl regex? Holy crap. Cmud called, they're wondering why you copyin'.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

IshinDidiXeniaVeovis
  • This thing still being updated and maintained?

• edited August 2015
    With the GMCP changes a lot of people reported the system broken. I found this solution and I'm not sure how good it is or if it'll work, but here you go:

--Click 'Toolbox' -> 'Script Editor' --click 'Search' on the right. --search term: ps.vitals.status -- click on char_vitals and look for the highlighted 'ps.vitals.status' --Just above you will see this: for _, key in ipairs(tmp.vitals) do if gmcp.Char.Vitals[key] then ps.vitals[key] = gmcp.Char.Vitals[key] end end --You want to make it look like this: for _, key in ipairs(tmp.vitals) do if gmcp.Char.Vitals[key] then ps.vitals[key] = gmcp.Char.Vitals[key] end if gmcp.Char.Status[key] then ps.vitals[key] = gmcp.Char.Status[key]:lower() end end

Prel
  • Leana said:

With the GMCP changes a lot of people reported the system broken. I found this solution and I'm not sure how good it is or if it'll work, but here you go:

--Click 'Toolbox' -> 'Script Editor' --click 'Search' on the right. --search term: ps.vitals.status -- click on char_vitals and look for the highlighted 'ps.vitals.status' --Just above you will see this: for _, key in ipairs(tmp.vitals) do if gmcp.Char.Vitals[key] then ps.vitals[key] = gmcp.Char.Vitals[key] end end --You want to make it look like this: for _, key in ipairs(tmp.vitals) do if gmcp.Char.Vitals[key] then ps.vitals[key] = gmcp.Char.Vitals[key] end if gmcp.Char.Status[key] then ps.vitals[key] = gmcp.Char.Status[key]:lower() end end

I put this in, any idea why Im spamming caloric?
  • @issath That GMCP fix code you put in wouldn't make you spam caloric. If you're stuck in a curing loop, sometimes typing DIAG will help stop it by refreshing the Afflictions list. If it's still happening, I have no clue what's wrong but @Paithan or @Zsadist might, as they are the devs for Project Source.
    (Web): You say, "I know there's something I'm forgetting.."
    (Web): Sevaan says, "You forgot to border the letter with macaroni art?"
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    @Isande's signature is unbelievably perfect for system support questions.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

XeniaIsande
  • So I started trying project source out recently... and I have no prompt? Played around with it a while, still can't figure out why I have no prompt.
  • @Eldresh, if you want to get with me in a few hours after I get off work, I can fix you up. Granted no one else manages to fix you up.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• @zsadist I get off work in a few hours myself, so that works for me. 
  • Hey, building on Leana's fix

Source people, search char_vitals in your scripts and replace it with this link here
    http://hastebin.com/ohujusicat.avrasm

• Hiiii,

Been wanting to get back into playing again and decided to try out Source.
    Seems to work great except I keep getting spammed with this.

Lua error:[string "ps.defs.lists.Monk = {..."]:100: attempt to index field 'levels' (a nil value)Lua error:[string "ps.defs.lists.Monk = {..."]:100: attempt to index field 'levels' (a nil value)Lua error:[string "ps.defs.lists.Monk = {..."]:100: attempt to index field 'levels' (a nil value)Lua error:[string "ps.defs.lists.Monk = {..."]:100:
    attempt to index field 'levels' (a nil value)

Looks like...

Not sure what I did wrong but if any one knows please let me know!

He told me I was so small...
    I told him, "Water me."

Affirm Pilar!
  • What in the fuck...... Download Teamviewer and get with me when you can. I'll see if I can crash through the code and find your issue. Abit odd that its spamming that though.

• edited September 2015
    I got rid of the scripts entirely and it stopped for now...

Probably not the best idea but I don't mind deffing up manually for now.

EDIT: Also noticing I can't see my health/mana/wp stats at all either :(
    He told me I was so small...
    I told him, "Water me."

Affirm Pilar!
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    You probably still need to enable GMCP in Mudlet (in your preferences). All signs point to that, at least.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    Veovis
  • There were also some GMCP changes recently that didn't agree too well with earthshaker/blackout/tripwire systems. A sign of that, if you have GMCP enabled in preferences, is that stats (and some other stuff) won't update. It could be related to that issue, but I don't know. Thought I'd throw that out there.
  • edited September 2015
    um. That happens when your def list still has a 'tw' value instead of a 'ps' value. Happened to me for Sciomancer and Praenomen Rituos.

In your case, it is likely an issue with your monk def list.

The prompt issue is implementing the fix Leana described earlier.

• @Leana, thanks so much for the fix. I was going nuts figuring out why my prompt wasn't working. I can see it now after adding in the fix you posted back in August. Thanks!
  • I'm encountering a problem with the mapper from this project. Every time I log in, the mapper area shows up blank all the time. I deleted the map and map.xml files as directed and redownloaded the map through Mudlet, but I could not get the map to show in the mapper window.

Did something change to affect the map not showing up in the mapper window? And how do I fix this so it won't be a problem again in the future?
  • What I do is I turned the mapper off and I use the option to rip the in game map and display it in the map slot. I just had to CONFIG MAPVIEW ON first

• Thank you. I got ingame help from someone who's done a great job helping me figure out why the map wasn't loading. :)
  • I'm playing a Zealot and using Project Source. Everything looked great until I hit an issue with defup. Defup repeatedly eats through my skullcap and applies caloric over and over. I had to pause the system and then unpause it to stop defup from burning through my small cache of skullcap and caloric vial.

Something is not recognizing these two defences already put up.

I don't think I have the abilities to either put up deathsight and warmth (Zealot) yet.
  • I'll see about helping you when I get home from work, I never took a look at skullcap cause I've always had Deathsight. It could just be missing a capture. Anyways, hopefully someone else will be able to help you before then!

• @Svetlana are you still having this issue? Next time we're on at the same time, send me a tell and we'll get you sorted.

• edited October 2015
    Yes, I still have the same issue I spoke about yesterday. PS still burns through my cache of skullcap and uses up my caloric vial until I pause the system.

Here's part of what I was seeing while PS was putting up the defences:

Caloric:

[622(103%)|609(108%)|0|105%|106%|66.61%|D:0%|Sp:9%] [HM eb]
    apply caloric
    You take out a caloric salve and quickly rub it on your skin.
    concentrate
    [622(103%)|609(108%)|0|105%|106%|66.61%|D:0%|Sp:9%] [HM eb]

I'm not sure why concentrate is in there. No defence message was put up after applying caloric.

Skullcap (for deathsight):

[622(103%)|609(108%)|0|105%|106%|66.61%|D:0%|Sp:9%] [HMs eb]
    outc skullcap;eat skullcap
    You remove 1 skullcap, bringing the total in the cache to 7.
    You eat a skullcap flower.
    [Source]: Info: LOST BALANCE HERB (skullcap)
    A miasma of darkness passes over your eyes and you feel a link to the Underking
    form in your mind.

This one didn't show the defence put up. It will continue to burn through the skullcap.

I checked the source.xml date. It showed 10/17/15. Is this file overwritten every time the profile is saved?
  • edited October 2015
    You'll need to create a trigger to capture the defense, for deathsight and caloric. Then you'll need to verify that Skullcap Deathsight and Caloric are within the defenses script under curatives. I'll see about writing something up for you if Tenshyo doesn't beat me to it.

• @Svetlana get ahold of me and I'll take a look if you want.

• edited October 2015
    In the curatives script
    waterbreathing = { action = {"outc pear;eat pear", "outc pear;eat pear"}, balances = {"herb"}, consumes = {"herb"}, reqs = function() if ps.living then return checkCache("pear") else return checkCache("pancreas") end end, redef = true,

Needs to be changed to
    waterbreathing = { action = {"outc pear;eat pear", "outc pancreas slice;eat pancreas"}, balances = {"herb"}, consumes = {"herb"}, reqs = function() if ps.living then return checkCache("pear") else return checkCache("pancreas") end end, redef = true,

otherwise it'll keep trying to use a pear to activate waterbreathing for undead characters.

This is on the 1.1 source.xml

EDIT:

Additionally, under the bloodloch script

ps.run.quests.bloodloch = { [8664] = function() if hasItem("beetle") then send("sell vermin to enzo") end end, }

Needs to be changed to
    ps.run.quests.bloodloch = {
    	[9190] = function()
    		if hasItem("beetle") then
    			send("sell vermin to enzo")
    		end
    	end,
    }
    As it's trying to sell to Enzo in the wrong spot (His old one I guess?)
    Additionally, it will keep trying to sell even if there's no vermin in the inventory, not sure what's wrong with the hasItem function whether it's not able to read the inventory anymore due to changes in coding or what. By "Trying to sell even if there's no vermin" I mean as long as you stay within the room it'll try to sell to him.
    function hasItem(name)
    	if not ps.charItems or not ps.charItems.full then return false end
    	if name then
    		for _, item in pairs(ps.charItems.full) do
    			if item[1]:lower():find(tostring(name):lower()) then return true end
    		end
    	end
    	if tonumber(name) then
    		for _, item in pairs(ps.charItems.full) do
    			if tostring(item[2]) == tostring(name) then return true end
    		end
    	end