Coast to Coast with Mister Adariel

Hello ladies and gents!

This is a bit far in advance, but I wanted to see if I couldn't get some responses rolling ahead of time and maybe satiate my omg-am-I-moving-yet? nerves.

In December I'll be moving from PA to sunny California, and I couldn't be more excited about it. This will be just after finishing my final semester of college (hell to the yeah on that particular aspect) and I'll be considering this my graduation gift to myself. It's going to be a loooong drive, but there are a bunch of you I'd absolutely love to meet, and otherwise wouldn't have the opportunity to, so figure I might as well make a post.

DEPARTURE DATE: December 26th, or December 27th

ARRIVAL DATE: December 31st

I haven't decided if I'll be leaving the day after Christmas or not, but the goal of arriving in San Diego on the 31st is quite solid. It'll be all nice and poetic, starting the new year in a new place with new aspirations and whatnot. Anyway.

Here's the (approximate) route I'll be taking:

(subject to change, obviously)

If you're along this route, or really close to it, please shout out! I'll either be finding a hotel nearby along those few days, or a Walmart and sleeping in my car at night, but I'd love to make time to meet up/have dinner with/whatever as many Aetolian folks as I can along the way!
Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
AarbrokDidiAryanneIsande

Comments

• ROOOOOAD TRIP! I've done similar long moves (Washington to Missouri, Missouri to Oregon - just not coast to coast though) but I have always loved doing the driving and enjoyed the travel greatly. It's too bad you're not passing anywhere near upper Oregon!

Since you mention sleeping in your car, I can't stress enough to avoid choosing secluded areas and instead stay overnight at truck stops, hotel parking lots, or rest stops.. nice, busy, monitored locations. Just remember to purchase some earplugs ahead of time and toss em in the glove box! Also, I suggest an audio book or two to throw on when music gets old. And don't forget to hop out and stretch your legs every so often!
    /endmothering

Have fun and congratulations on the big milestones of graduation and moving!!
    (Web): You say, "I know there's something I'm forgetting.."
    (Web): Sevaan says, "You forgot to border the letter with macaroni art?"
    AldricMarienaAryanne
  • Or grow out your beard and sleep angry to scare away anyone else! Maybe paint some freakishly wide, open eyes on your eyelids.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Aldric
  • edited July 2015
    Isande said:

ROOOOOAD TRIP! I've done similar long moves (Washington to Missouri, Missouri to Oregon - just not coast to coast though) but I have always loved doing the driving and enjoyed the travel greatly. It's too bad you're not passing anywhere near upper Oregon!

Since you mention sleeping in your car, I can't stress enough to avoid choosing secluded areas and instead stay overnight at truck stops, hotel parking lots, or rest stops.. nice, busy, monitored locations. Just remember to purchase some earplugs ahead of time and toss em in the glove box! Also, I suggest an audio book or two to throw on when music gets old. And don't forget to hop out and stretch your legs every so often!
    /endmothering

Have fun and congratulations on the big milestones of graduation and moving!!

<3 thank you!

I've never driven this far before, furthest was 8 hours, but I can't say I didn't enjoy it. I quite liked stopping at every state along the way and gawking around. 30+ hours is a lot of driving time, but I feel like it'll be a blast.

Good tip regarding the truck stops and whatnot. Obviously I've never done that before either, but I think it'll be a not-so-bad alternative to spending mega dollars on hotels along the way. Probably do a hotel at least one night so I can shower up and whatnot, but yeah!

Also, I do love road trips, so Oregon will be on my to-do list probably next year. If I don't get a chance to get out and visit @Aarbrok I'm going to be tremendously disappointed.

EDIT: @Toz quoting isn't working with you for some reason. Whatever!

This sounds like a plan. Putting this in my back pocket.

...Back to the original idea though, c'mon, nobody's along this path? I'll totally buy you a beer!
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    @Aldric ...I have already told you and @Trager both there is a bed for you all to sleep on if you come up (Not Mine, my boyfriend might be opposed to that) ;)

Honestly though, come on up anytime! Or Maybe I will come down there.
    AldricAryanne
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    YO DAWG HIT ME UP WHEN YOU COME THROUGH/BY OKLAHOMA
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

Aldric
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    Your proposed route has you going too far south for me, but if you decide to hop on I-80 through the Midwest instead let me know!
  • I'm so far off your path that nearly my entire state is hidden behind the directions map :P.

But if you come visit Aarbrok land, I'll hit you up.

MephistolesAarbrok
    We will have a proper get together if people head this north.

DISCLAIMER:
    Aarbrok land is not safe for children, all people who visit Aarbrok land are liable for their own health and well being, the states of Oregon and Washington do not recognize Aarbrok land as within state law
    AryanneDidiArekaAldricIsande
  • Pft. Most dangerous thing about @aarbrok is the twerking.
    Aarbrok

Unicorns please, I am fabulous.
    EmelleErzsebet
  • I literally can't stop watching it.
    DidiErzsebet
  • hrm so i need dance skills
    Asaraii
  • Almost forgot about this thread! Two definites I've got are @Draiman as I'm going through Oklahoma, which I mean I'm pretty much tearing right through the middle of the state, so, and @Kerryn probably the day after as I take a bit of a detour towards Dallas. Perhaps might try and nag @Rivas into letting me get him a beer, so if there are any other Texan Aetolians around there, let me know!
    KerrynDidiDraiman
  • I don't frequent the forums much these days, but I felt a spiritual stirring, as if my name and the word "beer" were in the same sentence. Always trust your instincts, I say.

You're at three definites, yo, just say where and when.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

AldricDidiEmelle