Rebuilding

DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
So, this thought occurred to me because @Kerryn keeps telling me every day how excited she is for the Delos rework/rebuild/facelift/upgrade/whatever and also reminds me that it isn't done yet. This is NOT a "Hurry up and get it done!" because... I don't care.

BUT, it also parallels the Enorian reconstruction a bit and thought, "Hey, how great would it be if there were quests specifically for this project, so that way I could feel like I helped rebuild Delos?" I think it would be pretty darn spiffy indeed.

"But Demarcus, WTF are you talking about?" Well, where are all of the resources coming from for these reconstruction efforts? I'm sure they just magically appeared. So why not set up some quests/turn-in spots where people can donate to the effort?

For example:

At the Bridge to Delos
You see Sethrin the really patient ore guy.
>
greet Sethrin
>
Sethrin says, "Those newbies suck really bad at giving me ore, and Delos isn't going to build itself! You there, bring me some iron and steel!"
(say) "No, go fly a kite."
(say) "Yes, I will help."
>
give sethrin 100 steel
>
You have completed the REBUILD_DELOS_STEEL quest!
>
Sethrin gives you a high five. (or gold. or a special form of currency like a chit or a completed work order or whatever.)

Can be done until 50,000 iron/steel/wood/stone has been donated. THEN you can have your grand-reopening (or delay it if it isn't ready... this just gives you in-character justification for why it isn't done... because you all have been slacking so hard in getting the raw materials required!).

If you go the special currency route, you can set up a little stand at the re-opening celebration with nifty little things like a toy Nazeda dressed like a butler, or more whatever. I'm not creative right now.

I think you get the idea. It just boils down to me wanting to be able to contribute somehow and knowing that I'm not able to and it makes me kind of sad. Maybe it isn't worth the coding required to implement, but at least consider it for next time! :wink:
TragerTeaniDidiIsandeKerrynSarkis

Comments

• RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    This would be a nifty quest.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

IsandeDemarcus
  • Will donate for a Feller Lane. :(
    Serrice
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Fox Street plz.

Rashar
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Happily donating flexing statues.
    Emelle
  • Oh jeez. Can we have the Foxy Feller Tavern, please? PLEASE I WILL NEVER MENTION A HOLY GLOWING SPEAR AGAIN.

For at least two months.
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Located at the intersection of Fox Street and Feller Lane, named by a particularly lazy and unimaginative publican.

Rashar
  • TozToz
    edited July 2015

Edit: I give up, phone hates forums.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Didi
  • HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro
    I imagine that the streets and things around will be named akin to the Tatura Hotel.

ArekaXeniaSarkis