The month of February 2013

Comments

• I'll go down fighting for the Cabbies :(.
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Marharet said:
    God, I hope they don't get rid of the Indorani -  I just got done fixing a lot of their damned scrolls!
    Haha. Exact knee-jerk reaction I had when people started shouting "Syssin".
    Periluna
  • I guess it really comes down to what makes sense, though I doubt any of us can pretend to know what the admin are planning. But to me it makes the most sense to fold the guilds that have some obvious place to go or group to fit with.

Azrael
  • edited March 2013
    I find myself being ok with the removal of any guild, even the Teradrim that Az is a member of. I just don't find myself overly passionate for any org other than Order and City, and my desire to care for city affairs has quickly dwindled to almost non-existence given recent changes with guards, and the inactivity of almost every other city leader.

Also, since nobody else has asked or even pretended to be remotely interested in fumology, was it really worth the effort of coding? How many folks here are planning on rushing out and spending the credits on it? I'm just curious.
  • I imagine it'll be a high-demand thing, actually. I know cigars/cigarette use in Duiran with the ones that already exist was beyond common, though I haven't seen much in the other cities.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • IosyneIosyne the Lair
    Yes... "cigarette" use in Duiran is quite high.
    AldricAngweArbreLinAlaron
  • I thought Duiran was trying to -prevent- forest fires, instead of increasing the risk!
    TeaniAzraelMarharetEdhain
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    As a person who is against smoking in general because of having to watch family members pass away from Lung cancer, I have to say I was VERY disappointed  at Aetolia when they came out with smoking.  Granted its a make believe place and has no harm on the individual, but since kids do play this game I sort of feel they are promoting the use of cigarettes and other items and are going to make it seem "cool" to do so in which they may decide to take up the habit in real life.  

As a person who prides himself on getting every trade or talent possible just for the IC sake of learning all that he can....I can say for certain this is one trade or talent I will not pick up in protest 
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
    AngweTeaniArekaArbreAmaraAldricEsperKiyotanIllikaalAlastair
  • And dying of alcohol poisoning is fine. And brutally killing eachother. And kicking and beating dogs into submission. All good.

RivasArbreAmaraAxaiMarharet
  • Very interesting, I really had no idea that people were all that into smoking in the game. Think I've only seen one person actively run around smoking and that was Tasp.

• AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    God, people who don't smoke get on my nerves...

I had people die to lung cancer, too. My grandpa. My uncles. I went to seven funerals in one summer, half of them cancer-related. It's a weak excuse to justify a personal pet-peeve IMO.

I smoke cigarettes and I love cigarettes. No one makes you smoke. Quitting as as simple an action as not doing it.
    RivasMacavityMalokKonnornCalipsoKiyotanAxai
  • IosyneIosyne the Lair
    Let's keep this on-topic.
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Angwe
  • Im really hoping Cabalist remake is next...getting a bit tired with the "Cant tweak or change anything in it because it is too messy" excuse. Even considering submitting my own design for a cleaner more functional Numerology set.
    AmaraRivas
  • The liaisons that have commented seemed to feel that a lot of the cabalist suggestions this time were either too much, didn't address the problem as it was presented or were outside the scope of the system. Just something to think about.

Amara
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    is fumology out yet
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    LinArbre
  • edited March 2013
    Xavin said:
    The liaisons that have commented seemed to feel that a lot of the cabalist suggestions this time were either too much, didn't address the problem as it was presented or were outside the scope of the system. Just something to think about.
    i've generally lost faith in the current Liaison system and am rather curious as to why they would remove Guild Liaisons and yet hand-pick certain individuals they believe can represent everyone else..

The fact that some of the current Liaisons arent even around, and others that I asked (except Luna) about Cabalists didnt even have a clue how the class functions (and yet submitted a report targeting one of their skills...that makes no sense), generally lets me see how this system is far from okay.

I'll stop derailing now.
    Amara
  • Those Liaisons were those who were chosen that submitted applications and were found to be the best choices. I think its a far better system, if you know how to use it, than the guild liaison system, where the GM had to guess at whether or not person x knew what they were doing, and thats all dependent upon if they had anyone as an option to begin with. Seemed very cumbersome to me, I'm glad its gone.
  • Calipso said:
    Xavin said:
    The liaisons that have commented seemed to feel that a lot of the cabalist suggestions this time were either too much, didn't address the problem as it was presented or were outside the scope of the system. Just something to think about.
    i've generally lost faith in the current Liaison system and am rather curious as to why they would remove Guild Liaisons and yet hand-pick certain individuals they believe can represent everyone else..

The fact that some of the current Liaisons arent even around, and others that I asked (except Luna) about Cabalists didnt even have a clue how the class functions (and yet submitted a report targeting one of their skills...that makes no sense), generally lets me see how this system is far from okay.

I'll stop derailing now.
    The guild liaison system had a lot of issues. It was used as a prestige position, with guildmasters giving it out as a favor, or giving it to people they thought would overpower the class the most. GMs also often had no idea who or what constituted a good liaison choice, even if they weren't trying to abuse the position.

Having looked at certain cabalist suggestions, their rejection, if anything, confirms the health of the current liaison process.
    IlyonXavinRivasAmaraMacavityDaskalos
  • On top of that, a few of the reports smack of not using your class to the fullest ability. Ex: there was a report up to make it harder to get away from cabalists in combat. However, cabalists currently have gravehands which is a pretty decent skill for that, particularly when you combine it with some of the other abilities the shadow-tether classes have at their disposal.

Edhain
  • Xavin said:
    On top of that, a few of the reports smack of not using your class to the fullest ability. Ex: there was a report up to make it harder to get away from cabalists in combat. However, cabalists currently have gravehands which is a pretty decent skill for that, particularly when you combine it with some of the other abilities the shadow-tether classes have at their disposal.
    If you knew Cabalist combat at all you would know it is extremely difficult for a cabalist to keep a target down in order to set their 12 afflictions required (yes 12...ironic how this is considered balanced) in order to get their instantkill. Any cabalist combatant knows that trying to keep the target in place is perhaps the most difficult part of their combo and makes it infuriating to even try to land the 12 afflictions. But as I said, -any cabalist combatant-. Again, the skill suggestion/changes system here may be the worse I have experienced out of my IRE life.

I mean even when I approached certain liaisons about why reports were rejected (or other reports were placed in)...the answers they gave back clarified to me that they had -no- idea how the class even worked, one even admitting to me so (and funnily enough..that same person placing a report that targetted one of their abilities...).
    Amara
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Or somebody hasn't done all of their homework.

Will fumology be only smokables or all fumes? Will we also get some shamanistic throw a potable into a fire fill a room with incense while doing some African dance?
    DharAmaraArbre
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Maybe the liaison report discussion could be moved to a separate thread?
    Ilyon
  • You're mising the point, Calipso. You don't need to stick all 12 at once. Just 4 at a time. But this discussion probably shouldn't be taking place here.

Amara
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    edited March 2013
    Xavin said:
    You're mising the point, Calipso. You don't need to stick all 12 at once. Just 4 at a time. But this discussion probably shouldn't be taking place here.
    I tried saying that. But she keeps getting in her mind that you have to stick all 12 at once. Can't be helped, I suppose.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • edited March 2013
    ^ I think that statement about surmounts me in agreement to let this conversation die.
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    @Razmael Can I build a hookah with fumology? 
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    Emelle
  • Kiyotan said:
    @Razmael Can I build a hookah with fumology? 
    Yes. Maybe. We'll see.
    Alastair
  • I would advocate for hookah's going into jewelcraft.  It seems the more nature place for it, after all, it's a big metal object, and stuff that requires metal working that isn't forging tends to go into jewelcraft.  But I like the hookah idea, sounds neat.