I_Mapper continued

Comments

• So I thought to readd the rooms/areas I was missing.. seems something went wrong..

Boulder strewn path to the river. (created) (1761034756)

How do I change that number as each time I create a room now it adds onto that number even if I go into the IMAp file and edit it.. Any ideas?
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • So, any clue why Mudbot craps out constantly in unstable areas? Sometimes it dies standing still, sometimes it dies on movement, farsight, and sometimes it even dies logging back into the area.

It makes me angry and sad :|
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    if you're in an area you don't have mapped doing almost anything is likely to make it crap out.
  • Yeah except every time its done it it's in a mapped area. Just will randomly freeze mudbot and crash. :(
  • Kadvar said:

So, any clue why Mudbot craps out constantly in unstable areas? Sometimes it dies standing still, sometimes it dies on movement, farsight, and sometimes it even dies logging back into the area.

It makes me angry and sad :|

sounds like a glitch in your iMap file. or in the mudbot file itself, is it the newest version on here?
  • Yeah I deleted the old folder and started fresh from here
  • DaegonDaegon Canada
    Anyone here run mudbot on linux? I've trying to get it compiled... But I honestly don't know how to go about doing that. I have the source code webpage up and I can see all the code, and some people told me to go try the 'make' command, but I can't find much of any information on how to run it properly. Specially since Mudbots source code is actual code on the webpage, not something that I can attempt to download, from my attempts.... Any help would be greatly appreciated, I hate Mudlet mapper,
    'Those that do not attempt are those with the least stories to tell.'
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Important basic steps. This is by no means an exhaustive guide.

1) Get your prerequisites. Assuming you're using ubuntu, this probably involves running the following at a terminal:

sudo apt-get install gcc g++ make git

That installs your C compiler, C++ support, the MAKE command, and Git, which is what Xon chose to use to host the source code for Mudbot. I may be missing something here -- I've never tried to compile this version of mudbot.

2) Clone the Git repository you've been looking at on Github onto your own computer.

In a directory set aside for this source code (Maybe ~/Mudbot), run:

git clone https://github.com/xondk/Mudbot.git

This will pull everything down from Github and organize it for you.

3) Within that folder, run make. Everything should work fine. If it doesn't, run

sudo apt-get install cpp binutils libc-dev

to install more supporting libraries. Then try again.

Compiling code can be a fickle beast. Good luck.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
  • With the new XTERM system. Is anyone else having issues with mudbot?

Mainly when you fly it turns itself off and doesn't work as it used to?

none flying: Four Corners on Nordau Street. (Enorian.) (29086) [-Damariel-]

flying: Flying above Four Corners on Nordau Street.

It never used to do this til the recently xterm was put into place ..

Anyone else having this issue?
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Frankly, I'm surprised that Mudbot is able to parse and properly display the expanded color palette at all. The Imperian mudbot, where this one originated, pretty much exploded when you fed it an escape code other than ANSI.

I would check to see if the line is changing colors, even subtly, as Mudbot will often use color matching to verify room titles. If not, I would be surprised if this is a color issue.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Nalor said:

With the new XTERM system. Is anyone else having issues with mudbot?

Mainly when you fly it turns itself off and doesn't work as it used to?

none flying: Four Corners on Nordau Street. (Enorian.) (29086) [-Damariel-]

flying: Flying above Four Corners on Nordau Street.

It never used to do this til the recently xterm was put into place ..

Anyone else having this issue?

It's probably what @Oleis said. Mudbot does indeed use color verification for room titles, so if your room title color isn't in Mudbot's config list for colors(There's an actual list you can see in mudbot's commands, iirc), then it won't pick up on it. Exits are the same, I believe.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Pretty sure we're all just configging xterm off.
  • NalorNalor UK
    edited June 2015
    Aishia said:

Pretty sure we're all just configging xterm off.

I use xterm never and some times it turns itself back on

@Oleis Thank you :) Does the game send the Ansicolor-Room name- ? Or just the room name in color?

@Ishin that was the first thing I checked, But figured it might be a color issue with the game as if I manually walk around sometime it loses mudbot but a LOOK / QL regains it again.
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    How do I delete all the room numbers in an area and remap it? IE, Enorian. I know how to create new areas and add on to existing but I'd rather just wipe Eno and redo it.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• I think since changelog 907 and " - GLANCE, SQUINT, and OBSERVE have been rewritten. " Or whatever was done, When remapping and walking into the room it doesn't create a new room as it should/did, but, updates the first room (Which is wrong)

but

map create

area destroy -area-

map save

map config save

map follow

then map create .. and walk around to make the new area! @Draiman
    Draiman
  • Is anyone else having issues with mapping the new areas?

Whenever I move into a new room, it doesn't create a new room but updates the old one.. its being very annoying :(
  • @Oleis @Razmael @Keroc

Sorry to put you all into this but, Its a rather strange thing.. But when creating a new room/area the mudbot doesn't recognise movement so my question is..

Has the LOOK been changed as when we seem to walk in a direction the room doesn't update as it used to.

Like If i start to create in

Nearing Mount Gallows. (Tarea Mountains.) (2476)

I move west and

Narrow passage nearby Mount Gallows.

It is suppose to be,

Narrow passage nearby Mount Gallows. (created) blah blah blah, but then when we LOOK

Narrow passage nearby Mount Gallows. (updated) (2476)

This has started to happen since the new areas, or I do believe something to do with this - cl 907 - but I'm not 100% certain.
    Riluo
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    I have had similar issues recently too with the way this has functioned.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    I have edited the room display for LOOK a number of times, mainly when I introduced the weather changes a while back. I honestly can't say for certain what is causing your issues, it's been a long time since I looked at the i_mapper code, but Mudbot is reaching a stage where it's woefully old that it's probably time to start looking for a new alternative.
    MalokDristinAishia
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    noooooo I loves it too much to let it go!!!! :'(

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

Aishia
  • Keroc said:

I have edited the room display for LOOK a number of times, mainly when I introduced the weather changes a while back. I honestly can't say for certain what is causing your issues, it's been a long time since I looked at the i_mapper code, but Mudbot is reaching a stage where it's woefully old that it's probably time to start looking for a new alternative.

@Keroc yep that's bout time it broke.. give or take..

I tried to look into the in game map, But that has way too many issues. the downloadable map is not being updated (basically when a new area is created it's not added) normal places like maghuir fissure is inaccessible as it doesn't recognise the enter fissure.. just to list 2. I have many many more.
  • KerrynKerryn The Black Flagon Inn
    If Aetolia's IG mapper had a search feature like mudbot's, I'd probably be willing to give it up. But it's just such a handy feature that I use quite a bit that makes life easier when harvesting, searching for an object, mob or leyline.

• AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    Hrm. I'm having problems getting mudbot to recognize some areas as being actual areas (Temple of Corruption being one example), which seems to be related to the 'You discern that you are standing in [INSERT AREA NAME].'-line. Is there any fixes available to this or am I just out of luck until Xon gets back (if he ever does)? I'd rather not go into the imap and manually copypaste all the rooms of such areas to a new area.
  • @Alexina your out of luck til Xon or someone finds a fix for the Mudbot itself. I dont think it's the IMAP file as I been having trouble for weeks now on just updating new areas.

Personal I think it's todo with what I put a few posts up.
    Nalor:
    My imap is working without any hiccups whatsoever. Mapping new areas is fine, pathing is fine, problem is when the survey line differs from what mudbot is configured to recognize when setting the area. This example is from Three Widows and Church of Corruption, but I experienced similar mapping issues in Albedos:

Muddled tracks in the forest. (Three Widows.) (18183) [-Chakrasul-]
    Sunset falls, casting the clouds above in a shadowy array of darks and silvers and lending the sky a purplish cast. A red elm tree grows here, its branches gently swaying in the breeze. A green-flowered ginseng plant has been planted here. A low-lying wild ginger plant is growing here. A low-slung myrrh bush is here. A purple flower of echinacea grows here, its large stalk straining towards the sky. A lobelia wildflower is growing here. A small wooden sign is here, nailed into the wall near the doors. A white and purple coralroot flower has been carelessly cast aside here. Carefully examining his surroundings, a chamois explores the space.
    You see exits leading northeast, east, west, and in (open pine door).
    H:7802 M:6462 E:30883 W:25065 B:100% XP:75% [eb]survey
    You discern that you are standing in Three Widows.
    It is recommended you are at least level 45 before hunting in this area.
    Your environment conforms to that of Forest.
    This location is capable of producing the following commodities:
    abundant wood and some leather
    You stand upon the Continent of Sapience.
    You are in the Prime Material Plane.
    The Holy Power of Chakrasul pervades this area.
    H:7802 M:6462 E:30883 W:25065 B:100% XP:75% [eb]in
    Entrance to an expansive church. (Three Widows.) (18185) [-Chakrasul-]
    A heavy book bound in leather is here, resting atop a pedestal. Tratmo, the Converted stands here.
    You see exits leading north, northeast, northwest, and out (open pine door).
    H:7802 M:6462 E:30883 W:25065 B:100% XP:75% [eb]survey
    Your surroundings reveal that you are standing in the Church of Corruption.
    Your environment conforms to that of Temple.
    You stand upon the Continent of Sapience.
    You are in the Prime Material Plane.
    The Holy Power of Chakrasul pervades this area.

'You discern that you are standing in Three Widows.' This is the regular survey line that mudbot captures when setting an area.

'Your surroundings reveal that you are standing in the Church of Corruption.' This doesn't switch the area you're in, meaning it'll use the last area you were mapping when adding new rooms (Three Widows).
  • I think if you open your mudbot file in word there's something you can do to fix it but I can't remember how
  • How on earth are you mapping? I can't map the new areas as it keeps giving me errors/not working :/@Alexina
  • Mazzion wasn't having any trouble mapping either but idk how.
    No issues at all on my end. Though I'm using CMud and no GMCP or nothing.
  • Thanks I'll load Cmud up later and see if I can map on that as mudlet I cant move rooms as it thinks im still in the first room lol!