MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• Having to say goodbye to my dog, she came with the wife and now after 6 years of waking up to her every day have to take her in to let her rest.

IshinXenia
  • I know there's no words that help, because I go into full meltdown mode for a few months after something like this. I'm so sorry and I hope you can heal @Damonicus. <3

I know some people don't like to hear this, but think about a puppy to replace the hole in your heart. I lost my dog of almost 7 years last year, and felt like I would never be happy again, but puppy kept me from having a full blown meltdown when I didn't even want to be home/in the house without him.
    IshinTenshyoAarbrok
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    @Tenshyo - honestly I just want an answer, even if that answer is 'your bite uncovered an unbeknownst medical condition.' At least I'd have an answer, you know?

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    edited May 2015
    Today one of the strongest women I have ever known passed away. It went quickly and peacefully. After only two months of illness (leukemia), my grandmother took her last breath in the presence of one of her oldest friends who was there for a short visit. She will be missed by many.

DidiAarbrok
  • HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro
    Still sick. Just.. ugggh.

Ishin
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    My computer hates me. Had to keep two icepacks underneath my computer yesterday just so I could play a game without the computer overheating--and it was -still- overheating anyway, even though the fan was uncovered.
    imageimage
    Sakyl
  • edited May 2015
    @Erzsebet sounds like a can of canned air will be useful. Next time you visit your local supercenter, pick up a can and then you'll want to use it on your fans. Not saying you don't know how to do any of this, but if it continues to overheat, and you're using a desktop, it might be ideal to open the case up and go over every nook and cranny INSIDE of the case, it clogs stuff up where you can't see on the outside, and will help allow for better circulation, and better cooling. If that's not the cause of the issues, it might mean you are having troubles with the heatsink on your cpu, which is designed to vent heat towards your fans away from your CPU chip, most computers have one, and it might be time to take it in to have a repair technician check the thermal-paste as well as the heat-sink itself for potential flaws and time-caused damage.

Just my 2 cents as a person formally trained and licensed in pc repair. I might not know how to troubleshoot software, but I can sure as heck fix up the hardware, or build a computer from parts, if I have all the parts needed, I mean.

edit: Dust. Dust is what you're wanting to clear out of the inside of your computer, since my post above didn't specify what might be clogging up stuff. If you're having trouble with a laptop, DON'T open it up, just take it to a PC repair place to be examined. Many places have some sort of cheap, if not free diagnostic service.
    Is a laptop. Think what I'm going to do is just not play games more strenuous than Aet and wait till my tax return gets in so I can buy a computer that doesn't hate me.
    imageimage
  • Laptops can get dusty inside too. It's just a natural thing. Though a laptop upgrade would probably be nice as well. But yes, typically when a computer overheats its because of dust. Mine does it usually once a year, and I have to take it apart and clean the heatsink and fan and so forth. Can't really do that with a laptop, but canned air probably would help.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    It's definitely possible to clean out laptops. The cases can usually be removed pretty easily with tiny screws, and you can unscrew the fans to lift them out and get gunk out. A lot of brands/models even have guides online where they'll either have step by step walkthroughs with pictures so you can be sure you're not removing the wrong pieces, or you might be able to find youtube videos where they do the whole thing.
  • I was always told to use a vacuum cleaner hose attachment with the laptop off - compressed air just pushes the dust further inside, which can gum up the more important stuff instead of just the fan.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

MarienaTeani
    Mine only throws fits when I play things that have graphics. Well. Also if I block the vents--but not rocket science to figure out why that causes problems.

Will definitely try canned air though.
    imageimage
  • Summer colds and sunburns in terrible places.
    Ishin
  • Sitting in a print shop today trying to get some posters made. Lean back and the chair beneath me disintegrates. People trying to help me up and give me a new chair and I'm just like, "NO THANKS I'LL STAND PLEASE."

I'm sorry your tiny Asian chair isn't rated for my 220 lbs. :(
    DidiAarbrokAldricAryanneIshinEmelle
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    I did that at the barber a couple weeks ago, bolt went flying across the room and the chair made an awful cracking noise....mind you in my current state I shouldnt be falling and my boyfriend much smaller than I am had to help me up.

Plus side, they gave me a free haircut, downside my back hurt so bad.
    DidiRashar
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    My mother had an incident with a folding chair once. The nylon wires making up the seat and back was fastened to some springs where they joined, making it a bit more flexible. When she sat down, with my little sister in her lap, the seat broke along the seam and she folded within the aluminium frame. Bad part of it all, the metal springs scraped along her entire back, hurting like hell.

What did people do? Help her out of the chair right away? No. The removed my sister, laughed at how ridiculous my mother looked, snapped some pictures and THEN they helped her out.

Aryanne
    Automated phone systems. Also the government. Urrf. Was on hold for two hours yesterday and then he finally answered, only to put me on hold again to try to fix the problem, which, not an issue, that's fine, except that he came back and accidentally hung up on me mid-sentence before telling me if he'd fixed the problem. So now I have to call again this morning, because we were about 5 minutes from close by that point due to the two hours on hold. Said wait time was between 15-30 minutes this morning, at 30 now and still going. I should be able to fix this stuff online without anyone else's help. For some reason, they mailed me my tax return it got returned as 'undeliverable', but I got a letter yesterday at the same address telling me that, so I don't know what their problem is. -.- Address isn't wrong, though it will be in 45 days or so, so they need to hurry up and resend it or I won't get it again. Don't yet know where we're moving or I'd give'em that address. Headache and a half.
    imageimage
  • TrigruTrigru the Bumberton's Delight
    WHY CAN'T THE FALLOUT 4 REVEAL COME OUT NOW.
    AarbrokRiluoAsaraii
  • Trigru said:

It's just 14 hours from the time of this posting. We've waited this long, 14 more hours won't hurt.
    Trigru
  • TrigruTrigru the Bumberton's Delight
    NOW
    Aarbrok
  • HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro
    Trigru said:

Trigru
  • Wait new fallout?
    Dont know for 8 more hours....
  • Two hours now.
  • ESO expansion pack announcement incoming.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• I'm mad this isn't about Mad max

• Colic. That's all. Just..colic.
    Ishin
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Dristin said:

Colic. That's all. Just..colic.

:C :C :C :C :C :C :C
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    AarbrokIshin
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited June 2015
    @Dristin I hate it. I had it with both my kids when they were babies. I freaked out at first as I raised them alone and had no clue what was going on. Just know it is normal and will settle :(

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

DristinEydis
    Colic is rough, one of the things my mom says she would do with me is turn on the shower on hot and then block under the door so the room could fill with steam and just rock me, it would help me quite a bit.
    DidiRiluo