Sanguis Revamp

Comments

• I'd like to see more RP elements allowed in the minions of Sanguis. Blood Speak is cool, but i'd like to be able to emote, etc with it.
    MalokAngwe
  • You already can emote with them.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    WASNTYMY KNOWING SMILE ENOUGH!?
    Ishin
  • Aishia said:

WASNTYMY KNOWING SMILE ENOUGH!?

Not really. The last thing we need is more vagueries. I'd personally really prefer something concrete, or some sort of status update or something.

Also, the difference between the Carnifex revamp and this is one skillset vs three.

We were also made to be under the impression that our cool liaison changes that got approved were not being put in because this rework would be. Which I imagine due to the nature of that we all imagined would be 'soon'.

Then again, I've had this skillset longer than most of you have even had characters on Aetolia. I'm probably a little miffed/biased. So apologies.

I hope we hear more soon or something, I am genuinely excited. I think everyone in this thread still is, we're just also growing a little skeptical!
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
    Didi
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    The reason status updates are not given out as such very often is obviously because there's really no timeline on these things, go back to the drawing board as often as something moves forward. Not even always the second or third iteration of something that ends up being what's worked up from. Making promises at all always leads to grief since there is so much work and rework involved.
    AarbrokRasharAngwe
  • You can emote, but you can use targeted emotes, targeted says, etc. to make them more interactive. Ghast and above are supposed to be intelligent.
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    The version that was teased and mentioned as being imminent (and therefore spawned this thread) turned out to be really, really poor in testing. @Keroc is doing an awesome job of revitalizing it and trying something new, but you're probably not going to get details until he and Razmael are comfortable with its design and relatively certain that it will continue to operate the way they describe.

There IS a Carnifex similarity, and it's that the first revamp sucked. The difference is that we didn't release it this time.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    ObynAngwe
  • Just to chime in, a major reason there haven't been many updates in regards to the current Sanguis revamp is that I've had to take an indefinite leave from the development team. I'm in the final stretch of a (far too) difficult dissertation and don't have the resources to commit, not unless everyone wants a class chock full of science jargon.

Thankfully, @Keroc, @Oleis and the rest of the development team are more than capable, and I'm positive they'll come up with new mechanics that will make the release well worth the wait. Everyone's patience on the matter is greatly appreciated, and I look forward to what will be coming!
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    @Valdus Maybe you could channel some of your current mental processes into a possible future Cabalist update! Now there's a class that would go wonderfully with a bunch of science jargon.

Not until you've finished, of course. I'm sure your professor would raise their eyebrow at a stray line about 'etheric distortion' creeping in, heh.
    Malok
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    edited June 2015
    OMG @Angwe.... See, we were told something of a revamp years ago, just no one fights in the class so its never been revisited, and we settled our haunches on a soon from three-four...maybe more years ago.

Can we please have this @Valdus @Keroc @Oleis - I mean most people can agree Cabalist is kind of in a meh position, especially since the roleplay has developed from the legacy class that once was. Ahhhhh!

Don't get me excited like this.
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Look, I didn't mean to start a thing here....

;-)
  • I know this is light hearted and you guys probably do need a revamp for Numerology as well, but could you make your own thread about it prz? :P
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
    Didi
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    Announce 2425 10/10 best prae revamp
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

VeovisIshinXenia
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    You made me log on to check the new announce.

Not sure if disappoint or not.
    VeovisXeniaIshin
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    @Keroc pls
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

ZsadistVeovis
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    DENIED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

MalokVeovisDristin
    I got pretty excited about the whole vampire thing when reading the Abhorash thread, and then I remembered there's a Sanguis revamp coming up. Then I got more excited!
  • Revamps are the most unreliable thing to wait for, they all go back to the drawing board or get reimagined or reworked so many times before you see anything it's just going to KILL you, holding your breath. Have to imagine sometimes concepts get far along then just FALL APART in early testing, or just don't pan out like hoped. Imagine how much work and tweaking and inspiration it takes to build anything remotely from the ground up. Most classes only work so well as they do now because of years of tweaking(And some not even with that), so getting something even remotely ready for public is cray-day.

Not to say that inspiration isn't reached sometimes and things just fly together quick, but it's kinda like a magic fairy who enjoys eating pineapples in the trees outside your window.
    Riluo
    Pfft, good try.

You can't tell me not to be excited.

^_^
  • Aishia said:

Revamps are the most unreliable thing to wait for, they all go back to the drawing board or get reimagined or reworked so many times before you see anything it's just going to KILL you, holding your breath. Have to imagine sometimes concepts get far along then just FALL APART in early testing, or just don't pan out like hoped. Imagine how much work and tweaking and inspiration it takes to build anything remotely from the ground up. Most classes only work so well as they do now because of years of tweaking(And some not even with that), so getting something even remotely ready for public is cray-day.

Not to say that inspiration isn't reached sometimes and things just fly together quick, but it's kinda like a magic fairy who enjoys eating pineapples in the trees outside your window.

Sorry, 7-8 months to revamp one single skillset of 3 for a class? There's no excuse for that, honestly.

Most of us have already given up and just moved on to other classes.

I know for a fact that everyone who works on this game are ultra intelligent and creative, so it really baffles my mind as to how this can take so long other than it simply not being a priority anymore. Which, as I mentioned in the Abhorash thread is pretty insane considering this class is supposed to be one of the marquee features of the game.

I mean, could we at least get some of the bad parts of Sanguis patched up in the next liaison while we wait? Like the stuff that was approved 8 months ago and never got put in? Please?
  • Even if vampires are a high selling point for the game, I don't see how that makes them any more or less deserving of attention than any other class. There are classes out there that are equally in need of tweaks or whatever, yeah?

I think maybe you're reading a bit too deep into the revamp not happening yet and some sort of neglect or laziness or what have you being the culprit, but I could be wrong I guess.
  • Rashar said:

There are classes out there that are equally in need of tweaks or whatever, yeah?

That's fine. As I said in the last line of the post. At least put in the things that were approved in liaison that are 'tweaks' as well for the skillset. They were literally approved, and then we were told 'Nah b, new skillset gonna be out soon' and that was literally 7 months ago.

I am well aware of what happened as we've all heard what has happened from multiple sources.

I also refuse to derail the point of the thread with a debate on neglect/laziness.

To your first point though, it does not necessarily make them more deserving, but the class has been nerfed so many times over the past 13 years already that it's not even worth using anymore. It is a selling point of the game, but it's like you're selling them a pair of nerf vampire fangs. There have been entire classes coded and designed and made and remade literally 2-3 times before Sanguis has been changed, and its been around way, way longer.
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    Please to fixing umbrage too its crapola >.>

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

Malok
  • I think what we need to remember is that Praenomen/Sanguis revamp is controlled to a small group of people. IRE/Aetolia is a business that needs to see to the masses. So while the revamp is a priority for them, compared to global events or random things popping up for all players.... the revamp isn't that huge of priority. Give it time and be patient, it'll come out eventually.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• No one is going to like this but not trying to be an ass but guess it's going to be seen that way.

Sanguis really doesn't need an urgent upgrade I can think of 3 classes which REALLY do need said update before Sanguis vamps

((Yes I've been playing it over past few days and only difference I'm seeing from now and before the balance change is now its .26 slower.
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
    Malok
  • KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    edited September 2015
    The Sanguis rework is still under way, fret not.

I've been pretty quiet about it, as the original concept I had drawn up for it has slowly lost appeal the more I went over my notes, so I need to start plucking out the things I liked and replacing the things I didn't. They should come next, and then afterwards we'll hopefully get to take a look at Cabalist. Some focus on Sentinels may be sprinkled in there, depending on if I end up with writer's block while working on the aforementioned two.

For a small teaser:

It always shocked me how there isn't a focused feed route for the class, because who doesn't want to be a bad ass vampire that drains their enemies until they're dry?

Feast
    --------------------------------
    Syntax: BLOOD FEAST
    Blood cost: <todo>

If you are feeding from another, you can instead choose to let your impatience
    take hold and greedily draw as much blood as you can. Although you will lose
    hold of your meal in the process, you will draw far more blood then otherwise.
    You will additionally become immune from the maluses of Sanguine for a
    short period as the fresh blood circulates your system.

No promises things will remain exactly same as written here, but I'm fairly certain we'll keep the idea of Feast!

MalokZsadist
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    edited September 2015
    Unnecessary.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

RasharAarbrok
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    Trager said:

Unnecessary.

But so, so damn true! People have literally zero respect for the work that makes this game run. They can't seem to focus past their own wants and desires and entitlements. They want it RIGHT NOW, because THEY SHOULD HAVE IT. It's just obscene to have to read, and then the admin just kind of take the blows quietly and reply all kindly and whatnot. It's getting old, and I for one don't have to accept entitled little girls and their views.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

RasharAarbrokZsadist
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    edited September 2015

But we all know Veruca ended up falling in the Incinerator because she wanted the world.
    EDIT: Also sorry for the derail, I dont get to use my Veruca Salt gifs alot. <3
    MalokTrager
  • TrigruTrigru the Bumberton's Delight
    Guys, I don't want to have to lock up this thread. Let's all chill.
    Malok