Project Source - A Free, Open-Source, Developer and Community Driven System

edited May 2015 in Tech Talk

Project Source

*** UPDATE: Source 1.0 is now available here at the Project Souce Support Thread. ***

Years ago there were a very few available good systems for Aetolia. At one point developers started merging the systems. This particular system started as Earth Shaker and was then renamed Tripwire. Kaeus was the primary developer and with the help of martin@pharanyx, Akimoto, Ezalor, myself and others it evolved into an extremely complex system that seemed to be a part of everything users did in Aetolia.

For a long time this system was sold, given away, etc. Today it takes a new form in that of Project Source.

Source will use the last version of Tripwire and be passed between the developers of the Tripwire System clan. We plan to lighten the code, make it faster, more reliable and above all easy to use.

Once the Source 1.0 is ready, probably in the next couple of weeks, we will release it to the public for use. As an open-source project, we can use as many developers as we can find to help make the project better. The Tripwire System clan will be re-purposed as the gathering point of end-users and developers alike to make the system leaner, report and fix bugs and develop and add new features.

The system will be available at no cost. If you would like to be involved in the development of the system, test the system and help improve it, or be able to get guidance on the use of the system, please contact @Paithan or contact one of the developers or staff on CLANHELP PS to join the development clan.

We hope that this is a project we can get a lot of the community behind to improve everyone's experience in Aetolia. With a large group of developers, rather than a single point of failure, hopefully this will be a project that never becomes abandoned like some before.

The Project Source Support thread is located here.
XeniaNeomaDrahkuna

Comments

• Hey, I think this is a great idea, really glad to see a community of people coming together and providing something like this to the public.

Not the best with scripting for mudlet, but I am teaching myself and want to continue learning and growing in my ability. Count me in to help.

Drahkuna
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    I definitely like this new direction, and sorry for the bluuuuuh on the previous post, but I am more than happy to see this go forward and help out where I can, if anything I am good at testing bugs to make functionality worthwhile.

I would love to see something developed by the players that is not going to cost us more than the effort we want to put in.

I am very excited to see this and help motivate others to help
    Xenia
  • Awesome news
  • edited May 2015
    For any Zealots downloading, once you install do a search for tw.defs.lists.Zealot, scroll down to the temperance defence table and replace temperance (the first, lowercased usage) with tempered_body. Will keep you from looping on defup.
    Also, look for the line, "You call upon your inner spark to temper your body's toughness." It should be under a trigger named, "temperance." Change addDef("temperance") to addDef("tempered_body")
  • Thanks Drahkuna , i'll put that in the next build.
    Drahkuna
  • I'd like to code with you guys, I'll hit you up IG
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    Are there going to be offensive scripts with this or just curing?
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• Has the lag issue been resolved? 
    Satomi
  • We're working on trimming it down significantly, making it leaner and faster. It will have the hooks and tracking, etc. needed for offensive AI, so you can easily make an AI module or pay someone to build an AI module for you to easily plug into Source.

We're also working on making bashing significantly less involving without going to a completely automated system.
  • I would so settle for losing the lag on it :P

• Once we switch the healing over to being primarily firstaid, it will lose a lot of bulk and speed up a lot.
    Drahkuna
  • the lag has nothing to do with the curing, its the event handlers which lag it, I went through it with @Zsadist
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited June 2015
    The issue is indeed events and the fact it floods the system. We resolved this in several ways in the past. However the system is highly flowed in that the core of the system is heavy and fires a 100 things to do a simple task. With the version I refined I had the system down to barebones with just cures/firstaid and the mapper. Yet it still was struggling sadly. This is why I run all of stuff of firstaid on a phone/tablet now with a set of secondary messages.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• hi, uh when i try to autobash it tells me no class bashing attack defined for current class, also the bit of the ui that says your class is blank, i looked over the scripts and stuff but i don't really understand much of it to be honest, i followed the instructions when i installed it, and when it didn't work i did it all over again, gmcp seems to be working, and i don't really understand enough to make anymore educated guesses
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    tw.bash.indorani = function()
    if can:bash() then
    send("decay " .. tw.target)
    end
    end

You should have something like this in your system, check to see if it uses you bash attack or not

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• Aww man, I hate system structure like that. Better to simply define the bashing attack and have the "can bash" check somewhere more centralized, that way you're not repeating function calls!
    Riluo