MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• I rage at my own impatience and the complexity of title insurance for condos.

DidiMephistoles
  • Finals stress. After finals are done, I'm sleeping for a week. No Eydis for you, Aetolia.

(Spinesreach): Xiuhcoatl says, "Oh man, grab the children-corn. This is gonna be good."
    Didi
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Eydis said:

Finals stress. After finals are done, I'm sleeping for a week. No Eydis for you, Aetolia.

/flags as Abuse
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Eydis
  • I enjoy being the comm guy in my squadron and all, but I'm getting really fucking pissed off when people expect their shit to get fixed right this damn second. Some things are out of my control and need other people to look into it. Calm the fuck down, relax, and it'll get fixed in a few days or something. FUCK!
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

Didi
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    edited May 2015
    Unprofessionalism.

Also apartment-hunting. None of these unicorns ever answer their phone on the first try.
    imageimage
    DidiAryanne
  • HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro
    Wrenching my neck during a nightmare. Or dream. I can't turn my head right now (on top of the continual throbbing pain) and it's bothering me.

weh

DidiArekaIshin
  • Married couple I moved 750 miles from home to do this horse farm crap with gets a divorce. Their foster kid becomes my foster kid. Spend the day doing work, mom calls crying she has to put her 14 year old dog to sleep tomorrow. Come inside, foster kid is in my room going through my shit. Then 5 minutes later she's downstairs and I hear my dog yelp, go down and am like wtf and she says I JUST PUSHED HER OFF THE COUCH. My dog is not a wuss. She doesn't yelp about getting pushed off a couch. AND I LITERALLY ASKED HER AN HOUR EARLIER IF SHE'D LIKE TO GO TO THE ICE CREAM PLACE FOR SOME ICE CREAM, MY TREAT.

Illinois - 1, Casey - 0

I am ready to move home, I hate flat lands, and trying to help a foster kid who literally just craps on everything, and an alcoholic roommate who just can't be bothered to do anything ever.
    IshinTeani
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    My only concern about owning firearms is that I would end someone who hurt my dog, I wouldn't hesitate for a moment. Life blows sometimes @Asaraii :(
    Asaraii
    People. Just. Ugh.
    imageimage
    DidiIshinIsande
  • edited May 2015
    You know what really grinds my gears? My servers at work.

I mean holy unicorns I love 'em and all but good god man! There is only so much "I need this!" "I need that!" "Can I get this" "Sides please" just sl;fjhasdjfhaklfjhas STOP! Just stop for two unicorning seconds, let me read your stupid ticket and I'll get it! unicorns!

Ishin
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    I saw servers and I immediately thought network servers and was gearing up for a story about how your servers were buggy or going down at inopportune moments and then I got to 'I need this' and 'Sides please' and I got really really confused.

AryanneIshinPeriluna
    The amount of cute in Serrice's sig broke my brain.

Unrelated, mixed bag of hate and love on this one, but, have a job interview (yay), but it's way out off on the strip, which means I have to take the strip bus, and that one costs more than the normal bus, and doesn't, I think, work with a normal bus day pass. So I have to pay 10$ to get to and from this interview in bus fares when a normal day pass is 5$ and a strip bus day pass is 8$ because you can only buy a strip bus day pass AT a strip bus stop. Which I require a normal bus to get to. The amount of headache and annoyance involved with this is frustrating. At least if I -get- the job, which I really hope I do, I can just buy a 30-day bus pass and call it good.
    imageimage
    Didi
  • I rage at ongoing technical problems that have me begging my way into classes as a Senior. Grumble grumble grumble.

(Spinesreach): Xiuhcoatl says, "Oh man, grab the children-corn. This is gonna be good."
  • Being 8 months pregnant and sick stinks really bad.
    DidiIraeDristinTeaniIsandeIshin
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Sorry you have to go through that, @Periluna. *hugs*

Weird sunburns. Today was otherwise awesome (went and did archery, dinner, dessert, and a movie with Reux's player), but we walked like three miles and change in Vegas heat. Ordinarily, I don't burn. At all. I just get darker. But now, my cleavage is bright pink. Doesn't hurt, just kinda itches, but my cleavage is literally the only thing that's burned. My arms and legs and feet and face were all exposed to the same amount of sun, but none of those is even slightly pink. Only my cleavage. Is annoying, because it's -just- burned enough to be warm to the touch and to make me cold. Bright side--at least the weird tanline that cut across my chest from my purse went away, I guess?
    imageimage
    Ishin
  • Coworker's mom passed away unexpectedly and I have picked up her shifts this week, and now I'm on my last day and have off tomorrow, I was ready for bed at 10am. OLD LADY STATUS OVER HURR.
    Rashar
  • Pft.

I have legit white streaks in my temples, noticed and confirmed by a third party!

Hangovers last three days.

My knees communicate in Morse code every time I do a squat.

I sleep with my feet propped up on pillows so my back doesn't hurt.

Get on my old person level. :(
    Asaraii
    Asaraii said:

Coworker's mom passed away unexpectedly and I have picked up her shifts this week, and now I'm on my last day and have off tomorrow, I was ready for bed at 10am. OLD LADY STATUS OVER HURR.

Rashar said:

Pft.

I have legit white streaks in my temples, noticed and confirmed by a third party!

Hangovers last three days.

My knees communicate in Morse code every time I do a squat.

I sleep with my feet propped up on pillows so my back doesn't hurt.

Get on my old person level. :(

So when are you two getting a porch so you can sit in rocking chairs together?
    DidiAarbrokHavenTeaniEmellePeriluna
  • I really hate getting burned out on things I love. I also hate consistently being pushed into leadership roles in my real life, that I have no desire for, and always end up badly for me. I also hate how little time I have to do the things I actually enjoy in life. Think it might be time for a change real soon.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
    Didi
    Drinking 3 very large coffees to get through my 7 hour drive to my hotel and being unable to sleep at said hotel because of it.
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    During exam prep yeaaars ago, some friends of mine and I went to Starbucks to study. They gave me a venti instead of my grande and when I got home my mother swears I was rambling like a chipmunk pacing my room wondering why I was having so many thoughts and i really didn't have that much caffeine.
    JensenErzsebet
    Chipmunk!Areka is the cutest image I've had all day.

I wish coffee affected me much. I can drink two or three venti starbucks with four shots of espresso and it still takes it four-six hours to hit me at all, and while it does wake me up a little and make me talk faster, it doesn't stop me from sleeping at all.

Unrelated: Am super excited and stuff, so I woke up a full hour before I needed to. Mrrf. Time to clean things I guess.
    imageimage
  • So frustrated!

We've been trying to install a couple particular headstones this month that go to the same cemetery. This cemetery is run by a church, and they have many employees who take care of it, but one main gal who manages it. We told both of these families (at their request) that we could have the headstones installed by Memorial Day (next Monday). Memorial Day is HUGE deal for a cemetery. Anyone who works at a cemetery is aware of this. We have had these stones done since the end of April, and have been calling and faxing to get them installed since last month. I -finally- speak with the lady for the cemetery today to find out why this hasn't been done.

APPARENTLY, she decided to take 2 week vacation at the beginning of May, and NO ONE ELSE at the cemetery can POSSIBLY mark a grave. What if someone died? Well, you see, apparently THEN something could be done about it, but these are only families mourning their loved ones who are already buried, getting their headstones in is "not really that important" because "they can wait another week".

She has informed me that, due to other family issues, there is no chance someone can go out and mark the lots this week for the installation, so the families have to keep waiting.

tl;dr - Vital cemetery personnel are not supposed to take vacations in May.

Tenshyo
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Not that important, and they can wait another week?

Man I'd have been flipping her fucking table.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    AryanneDidiPeriluna
  • ...Still waiting on my replacement debit card that was supposed to be ordered at the end of last month, per my previous rage post on the 29th of April. Some of my bills and various subscriptions are piling up while I've been waiting, or trying to run automatically and failing which is annoying. On top of that, my vacation next week to the coast is going to be a little inconvenient without a debit card, considering my bank is in another state.

To catch you all up on why this is happening, I had made a call back on Thursday the 14th to see why the replacement card hadn't arrived yet but got a machine saying the manager lady who was handling my case was out of her office so I left a message. No response for days so I called again on Monday the 18th but she was still out. Since she should have been in, gotten my message, and replied already, I finally called the basic customer service line to see what the unicorns was going on. Turns out the card wasn't ordered until the 14th when I called and left her the message asking why it hadn't arrived. In other words, she never ordered it originally. :sweat:

She really should have contacted me to let me know she messed up and given me an updated timeframe to expect the card by rather than leaving me in the dark for almost a month. I'm not mean to customer service folks, even when I want to be, cause I've been there.
    (Web): You say, "I know there's something I'm forgetting.."
    (Web): Sevaan says, "You forgot to border the letter with macaroni art?"
    ArekaDidi
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    If you're in the US, TD bank's great with this, you can get one re-issued in the location same day as you file.
    Isande
  • HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro
    Being sick and feeling guilty for being sick.

ArekaAryanneIshin
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    My iced coffee was PLAIN iced coffee this morning and not the fancy flavors I wanted ;-; (#firstworldproblems). Luckily, there was a left over packet of hot chocolate mix in the break room. I made do.

ALSO, in February I mentioned the hideous, spreading bite up my arm, and subsequently the random hives that keep popping up. The hot, itching, devil-hives haven't stopped, I'm vaguely fevered again (99-100 without Tylenol). This upcoming Tuesday, I'm being sent to a Dermatologist to see if they know wtf is going on with me, because no one else seems to know.

Didi
  • @Mariena oh no! I had a friend who had similar situation. Turns out he had an immune disorder. I hope that isn't the case for you!!

Didi