The month of February 2013

Comments

• 2 Down.

2 to Go.

Bets in for the next two guilds.
  • Just me thinking but I highly doubt it will be a guild that has recently received a large update. So I'm thinking that Carnifex, Shaman, Sentinels, Templar, and Teradrim are safe. Given that mage classes are giving hints on their upcoming upgrades that leaves them both safe.

So that leaves Bloodborn, Cabalist, Indorani, Luminary, Sentaari, Syssin, and Daru that could possibly be getting the boot. Did I leave anyone out?

In my opinion, I see no reason why they couldn't give Bloodborn the boot and toss them back into houses with the praenomens. A vampire is a vampire regardless which type they are - as to the other, I'm not entirely certain since it would be difficult to merge any of the remaining classes simply because of lore regardless of linked skillsets?

• Bloodborn are unlikely, Hematurgy is too tied to the guildhall, and some things rather problematic if the restriction is simply lifted.

• I have a feeling we'll see the Bloodborn absorbed into this new vampire org and we'll see the luminaries and daru merge.

ArbreAarbrokKerrynKiyotanCiarelle
  • My money's on Indorani getting the boot.
    ArbreMenelaus
  • If we're guessing, I'm going with Sentaari/Syssin, as the only two no-tether classes.

HadoryuAlistaireRhoEzalorDaingean
  • Indorani and cabalists will be pushed together and daru and luminaries are pushed together. *crosses fingers*

Don't touch my Sentaari! Or Syssin! We are too awesome to get rid of.

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Kiyotan said:
    Weremosquito.
    This is for those who want to be a vampire/lycan and can't.
    Tza
  • KerrynKerryn The Black Flagon Inn
    Ilyon said:
    If we're guessing, I'm going with Sentaari/Syssin, as the only two no-tether classes.

It looks as if each city will have three guilds when all is said and done. Duiran and Spinesreach have already lost a guild and are left with three each. So, I suspect the next two guilds to be on the block will be from Bloodloch and Enorian.

My guess? Bloodborn will be dissolved as a guild and Daru and Luminaries will merge.

• Everyone keeps suggesting that the Daru and Luminary merge for whatever reason.

But despite having similar ideals, I don't see that working out well at all. The Daru might be small, but the members they have are dedicated and rooted in very staunch RP-based mindsets that the Luminary won't agree with - the two are very different. They're not without their purpose, I'd say, and do just fine on their own. Being a niche guild makes it a given that it'll be small. 

Something to consider. 
    DaskalosDaingean
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    The Sentaari/Syssin one would make the most sense to me, and if it's done right, it could make just as much sense ICly for people to get the class from smaller monasteries with mobs, groups of syssin assassins or whatever. Depending on the mage class changes though, those two might be my second guess.
  • The mage changes have me scratching my head a bit. Sounds like the ascendril will be dealing with fire, water, air and spirit, which leaves the sciomancers with shadow and earth, assuming they keep channeling and such. The confusing bit, to me, is that air has been associated with shadow since the class split. The gods associated with air have been darkie gods for forever as well, and it's been established that the gods associated with the different elements can exercise some control on who can wield those elements.

Not sure what think.

• What has always confused me is the idea that basic elements are anything but neutral. Because, you know, they're elements. They're not evil or good, ectr. 
    Amara
  • AlistaireAlistaire Las Vegas, Nevada
    I liked that the Gods of each element had apparently swayed their element to one side. Plus it gave the Ascendril a link to the faith based Enorian guilds. 
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    Kiyotan said:
     Wereplatypus. 
    OP OP OP take my word on this one.

Piper
  • Syssin won't go anywhere until Venoms is made into a merchant skill, don't see them going back to only having venoms on one side of the game again.
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    I think the idea being suggested is that the syssin class will be easier to get by anyone in the game. Dissolving the guild could be a first step towards moving them into that neutral spot rather than having it based in Spinesreach.
    DaskalosArbre
  • It's unlikely that the admin will dissolve an additional guild in spinesreach or duiran, as the removal of the bahkatu and atabahi will mean that those two cities support one less guild than the others. Therefore, we should be looking at enorian and bloodloch guilds.

• LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    I'd like to see the Sentaari and Daru guilds disbanded. Why? I love the idea of Tekura being a traveling martial art that anyone can learn. I don't know! It just sounds cool.
    Menelaus
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    Azrael said:

Just me thinking but I highly doubt it will be a guild that has recently received a large update. So I'm thinking that Carnifex, Shaman, Sentinels, Templar, and Teradrim are safe. Given that mage classes are giving hints on their upcoming upgrades that leaves them both safe.

So that leaves Bloodborn, Cabalist, Indorani, Luminary, Sentaari, Syssin, and Daru that could possibly be getting the boot. Did I leave anyone out?

In my opinion, I see no reason why they couldn't give Bloodborn the boot and toss them back into houses with the praenomens. A vampire is a vampire regardless which type they are - as to the other, I'm not entirely certain since it would be difficult to merge any of the remaining classes simply because of lore regardless of linked skillsets?

Keep in mind that the classes will remain but the Guilds will be removed.  Just because a class has had a revamp does not leave them off the cutting table...  However I do agree that the Bloodborn will probably be one of them on the chopping block and should be removed and pushed into the Houses and Dominion
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • DaingeanDaingean Xanhaal, probably.
    edited March 2013
    I will be perfectly clear. Making any sort of death threats on people behind characters or administrators, regardless of the seriousness of said threat, is a good way to get you banned from the forums. Please do not make Daingean's mistake.
    Proudly fighting against Greytolia since the [approximately] 3/1/2010 at 18:00.
    Calipso
    I didn't realize that Dain's avatar changed because he was banned, and thought that the grey circle with the cross through it was a great pun on his no-greytolia stance.
    RiluoIosyneAxaiAngweEsperDharPerilunaEmelle
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    I agree with Xavin. I think the likeliest result is the merging of the Daru and Luminaries and the disbanding of the Bloodborn. It makes sense to move all vampires into Houses for the sake of organization. If not the Bloodborn, then possibly the Indorani, but for no good reason that I can think of. As for the other, I feel strongly that they'll favor balance and not take another hit at Duiran or Spinesreach, which leaves only Enorian. Templars are safe because they're fresh and the Ascendril are safe because the Sciomancers are, which leaves the Luminaries and Daru. It makes more sense to merge them than to delete one or the other.

These, I think, are logical conclusions.
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
  • I don't think anyone should be 'safe' because of their 'alternative darkie/lighter' guild. 
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    edited March 2013
    Prior revamps might not make guilds safe, but I'd wager Ascendril and Sciomancers are safe since the same post that mentions offing two more guilds also mentions improvements for those two guilds. I doubt they would do that to the classes and then delete their guilds.

As for merging Luminary and Daru, they might have different views on some things, but they are very much alike in others. I believe someone mentioned making paths within the merged guild would work fine, and that was a Daru saying it, I think?

Edit: cold fingers = poor spelling/typing

• God, I hope they don't get rid of the Indorani -  I just got done fixing a lot of their damned scrolls!

I could see that the Cabbies and Indo getting merged. Tarot > Numerology though :P

Though the Cabalists are all scholarly, whereas the Indorani are Priests and all theological. It could work, but some people may be sore at losing one skill or another.
    You murmur to Niuri, "By the way, I love the maid outfit."
    Niuri, the Ultraist says, "Severn does like it on Me too, I have heard."
    Niuri, the Ultraist says, "Best keep it before anyone else sees it!"
    Niuri removes a maid outfit.
  • edited March 2013
    Marharet said:
    God, I hope they don't get rid of the Indorani -  I just got done fixing a lot of their damned scrolls!

I could see that the Cabbies and Indo getting merged. Tarot > Numerology though :P

Though the Cabalists are all scholarly, whereas the Indorani are Priests and all theological. It could work, but some people may be sore at losing one skill or another.
    Dont dare utter such blasphemy again!
    PiperLinAmaraEsper
  • IosyneIosyne the Lair
    Don't confuse merging guilds with merging classes. There is no intent to get rid of any of the existing classes with this guild reduction.
    Azrael
    I don't care about anything except for the imminent destruction of the lycan guilds.
    AlistaireAngweAarbrokElwyn