LOVE

Comments

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Rivas said:

Daredevil. I'm one episode in, and I'm sold.

I love you, Steven DeKnight. You had me at Spartacus.

Which one did he play?
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • He's the showrunner/executive producer. Basically, the creative genius behind it all.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

Ishin
  • Rivas said:

Daredevil. I'm one episode in, and I'm sold.

I love you, Steven DeKnight. You had me at Spartacus.

Yeah, I loved Spartacus, and Daredevil is awesome too. I'm watching the 4th episode now. I haven't really cared much for the Daredevil character in the past, but this version of it is spectacular. Highly recommended!
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Hadrak said:

I hear Daredevil is awesome. Need to definitely watch it when I get out of work.

It is, I just finally finished it thankfully. Now I'm super excited for the other shows. I just wish it had more MCU ties besides the maybe 2 it had. Not super overt ones, but background news about different goings on, both as a shoutout to the movies and such, and to give a better sense of time progression, at least for me. Though, they did drop in every now and then some breadcrumbs building towards The Defenders.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    Daredevil.

Room for one more on this bandwagon of love?
    Rivas
  • Good luck @Aryanne, hope it works out!
    Aryanne
  • I've learned more in the last 24 hours about coding and making things with things that do things than I have since I started playing this game. Sure, I spent the last day doing what probably amounts to an hour of work by a real person, but.

I am excite.

Also special thanks to my main nerd @draiman, and to @serrice, @toz, @trikal, and sweet, sweet Baby Jesus in his willow basket.

DraimanAryanneDidiSilenaHavenEmelle
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    So, I'm working as a substitute teacher. It can be pretty rough at times, since for the most part I never know from day to day what I might be doing. I get sent around to different schools teaching different subjects almost all the time, which can be a bit straining on the mind. I've made myself quite popular as a substitute teacher, so most of the time I get requested by name at the central booking. I do what I'm supposed to (and usually a bit more if it's needed) and leave excellent reports (yay for being a RL Cabalist!). I try my best to set up the lessons in a way to make them fun for the students, yet at the same time make them -want- to learn more by being enthusiastic. So when I show up in schools, I'm usually greeted with huge smiles from teachers and students alike.

This week one of the schools I've been at this week, and a few times before, managed to get the central booking office to relocate my other jobs so that they could hog me for themselves (just about) for three more weeks! The teachers were all "Oh yay! If YOU'RE going to be here things will turn out great! That's such a relief" and some of the students actually cheered when they heard I'd be sticking around. Apparently some of them like me more than their ordinary teacher. :blush:

So, yay for steady job for three weeks, knowing where to go and being able to plan the lessons for real!

SilenaAryannePerilunaEmelle
  • My old Flight commander came into my shop today. It was great, was really hard to see him leave. I am glad I am out (been out for a long time) but there are things I miss and that son of a bitch is one of them.
    ZsadistIshin
  • SilenaSilena Immortal
    ...Also @Malok. Definitely. Thank you!

Ok, I think I'm done.
    MalokAryanne
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    @Silena and @Dristin It was alot of fun, I had a blast being confused and running around like a madman the past few days, it was a nice return back to the game. Thank you for all your effort and exhaustion put towards an interesting and fun new area!
    MalokKelliaraDristinSilena
  • A lot of LOVE to the Luminaries and their growth. Everyone is being wonderful and creative and awesome and just... It brings the happy tears and the happy feels.

Lots of love to @Rivas @Roux @Kallah who have done A LOT of behind the scenes work to help out in getting the Lum's going again.

Love to THE ADMIN PEOPLE FOR THE EVENT. Thank you, @Silena have some love. (Thank you to all the other Admin who had a huge input on it.) It was interesting and unpredictable and strange and, overall, very neat. The end product is great.
    Silena
  • I love that, thanks to @Silena, Vortex got released before I end up having a creature to take care of. She so fantastic. Time to take it more easy.
    SilenaMalokAithene
  • Today on FB, I read an open letter from an aquaintance that just made me smile all day. I want to share it with you, because this is the kind of open-minded attitude I Believe you all have and it's such a nice feel-good story.

"I have a daughter - as the headline says.

I've kept it quite for a long time, 'cause I'm not sure the world is ready for the news yet. But now, after agreements in the family, we will go public with the news.

I actually got my daughter 16 years ago, but we didn't know it then. She was born with a dangling thing between her legs and we all just assumed she was a boy. We were obviously wrong, she's told us that and to us - if you disregard a big thing, that she dared to open up to us - it's a small change in our lives. I've got a daughter instead of a son. And I couldn't be more proud.

For those of you who haven't quite grasped it yet, this is about Edwin, who for 16 years believed she was a boy because everyone told her so. But after a lot of thinking we realized this was wrong. We believe it's so strong to stand up and correct not only me and her mother, but relatives, friends, doctors and everyone else who's passed through our lives these years.

Edwin will change her name to Sofia, and change her surname from XX to YY. Sofia will probably keep one of her middle-names, which one has not been decided.

Sofia chose her name herself - changing her surname is also her decision.

"I have always been a girl, I've just not always known it. Now I want you all to know it too." / Sofia

If you have questions, ask them on Facebook, send a text or call. But I ask that you all show your outmost respect for Sofia in this.

I will also warn that despite the fact that respect is not necessary, those who will not support Sofia in this will no longer be a part of our lives.

Finally.. Welcome Sofia - Thank you for trusting me, trusting us, as a family.

/Your father."

DidiAryanneAithene
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    edited April 2015
    So, despite my post in Mad Maddening, I do have a lot of love to give:

1. The day is beautiful, the world is greening up, and the birds and animals are back out in force.

2. I got a really pretty cardigan yesterday and some other things on sale, I love spring clothes because they are light and airy.

3. Class, despite how much work and how much I bitch about it, is going decent.

4. Love to: The Luminaries, @Aithene, @Rivas, @Aryanne - You three are wonderful and you have helped Mariena break out of a cycle that was poisonous and into something beautiful, natural, and honest. I <3 you three something fierce, though that statement doesn't do it justice or even begin to describe the most amazing and wonderful interactions we have.
    @Phendegwen - You still the best father type, despite how much they argue
    @Tenshyo, @Jami, @Yoshera, @Benedicto, @Aren, @Mughrek, @A lot of other people: You have made my playing experience wonderful and I also <3 you.

5. Aetolia in general: I have felt like hell since February, with good days and bad. You have always managed to perk my mood up and give me something to think about besides being a hot mess. Thank you for being my reprieve from all this real life nonsense.

6. OOC Hearts: @Valenae, @Gideon, @Rashar, @Areka, @Aisling @others - We don't interact much or at all in game, but I <3 your faces and my skype wouldn't be complete without you.

ArekaAryanneSilenaValenaeGideonBenedictoEmelleKaleighAithene
  • SilenaSilena Immortal
    Friend's three kids that are ridiculously easy to watch. They eat without complaining, play with each other without fighting, and go to bed when you tell them to. Free pizza, and I learned a bit about weather cause her oldest wants to be a meteorologist... not a bad deal.
    AryanneMariena
  • I love when Netflix adds old movies I haven't seen in awhile that I genuinely want to. Like the Tom Jane Punisher film. I love that character and movie. I also love that an opportunity to be in charge of the entire store at work has presented itself to me recently...I'm unsure if I have the confidence to do it, but it's something to think about and could be seen as upward progress, at least.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
    Haven
  • HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro

Excellent documentary on an unmade adaptation of Dune. I highly recommend it. Something to be said for broken dreams and the creative process as a whole.

• BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    Got a couple of days off and I've resolved to finally get around to playing the Witcher games.
    Jensen
  • I am in unbelief this morning. I went to bed around 9:30-10 last night..and did not wake up, whatsoever, until I heard my husband's alarm at 6:15. I can't remember the last time I slept the entire night through.
    SilenaJensenPeriluna
  • Sect changes. Maybe. Sort of. So far!

Do want rank transferred over though. :(
  • @Lim and I are currently rolling all over the Hall of Blades, marking it as our own.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Silena
  • HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro
    Teani said:

I'M GOING TO THE US THIS SUMMER!

- Los Angeles
    - Universal Studios
    - Las Vegas
    - Grand Canyon

Bring lots and lots and lots of sunscreen.

And lots of water.

ArekaAryanneTeani
  • @Teani - SO AWESOME! You'll have seen more of the states than a lot of us have by the time you're done! So jealous!

Teani
  • I just filled out my last FAFSA as an undergrad and I'm prepping my graduation application for 2016!!! I'm sooooo close to (finally) graduating!

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

AryanneMarienaDristinArekaSilenaEmellePeriluna
  • Love getting mauled to death by my crazy pup as soon as I walked into the house. Oh and I love @Rashar and the best weekend everrrrr.
    RasharMarienaTeaniEmelleHaven
  • Love getting mauled to death by @asaraii, who is marginally better than a puppy. :) And seconded on the best weekend ever. To be fair though, it's hard to beat one that involves hot dog feasting and beer drinking, mountain hugging, beach walking, fine dining, video gaming, bad guy fighting, ferris wheel riding, couch snuggles, hammock snuggles, truck snuggles, struggle snuggles, and new recipe cooking. (THANKS @ROUX). Also Morel mushrooms and an awkward moment in an elevator.

I feel like I should thank Aetolia for this. Love you all. (Mostly)
    AsaraiiMarienaEmellePerilunaTragerHaven