I Made A Thing

Comments

• EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    Wow Teani, I love that. I would buy the hell out of it and put it on my wall with a vengeance. It makes me think of Mass Effect and that is a happy thing.

@Konnorn: I don't know if that's harem pants anymore with the crotch that low, I think you've transcended into 'bottom half of a onesie'. Which is even higher up the 'mad freakin comfortable' scale, so I guess you're winning??

TeaniKonnorn
  • I want a @teani painting so that when she becomes famous I can be like 'Yeah it's an original, no big d bruh.'

Also I love/hate trolling this thread because you all are so talented with neat things. :(:):(:) Halp which smiley to uuuse.
    TeaniDidiDraimanHavenAryannePeriluna
  • @Teani - I loveee itttt
    TeaniHaven
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    And the painting is being sold! To a former (perhaps still lurking) Aetolian no less. Meaning, my art work will soon cross to the other side of the Atlantic! :smile:

Emelle
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Build thread here:
    http://76rangersail.blogspot.com/

pulled and refinished some trim pieces.

The bottoms after I got them off. It was a bitch, there was a lot of sealant.

Forgot to take top pictures of them on the boat but here's a few side by sides after I sanded one down.

And the pair of them varnished. (They look very different from each other)

TeaniIshinEmelle
  • Oh hey. What's up, guuuurl.
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    What program are you using, @sollace? That's a lot nicer than the HeroMachine ones we had going around ages ago.
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    I, after three days of fighting with it, have (kind of) made a thing! Sewing machine and I present: A very retro deer kimono for lounging about!

But wait, it wasn't laying right, AT AALLL so, day two and three consisted of fucking with it until! *These pictures are much worse and darker, but I added a stretchy lace trim*

ValenaeArekaNolaTeaniAryanneEmelle
  • You look kind of naked in the second picture.

I approve.

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

Mariena
  • Areka said:

What program are you using, @sollace? That's a lot nicer than the HeroMachine ones we had going around ages ago.

I use Dolldivine
    Areka
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher

Took some more trim off the boat

Before (used to be dowels over the hardware, I pulled them off before snapping a pic)

And after a lot of sanding and a coat of varnish

The build thread:
    http://76rangersail.blogspot.com/
    DidiIshinTeaniHavenXenia
    These boat posts are strangely satisfying, despite me knowing nothing about them aside from 'that sure looks like a bloke passtime'.

TeaniJensenXeniaEmelle
    Oh damn, there goes my colour fetish. That looks fantastic. I'd buy the hell out of those.

EmelleKonnorn
  • Thanks! Always did love working with bold colors and it was really fun to make. Sadly, this set won't be for sale. I'm sure a deal could be made about a different set though, should it ever be of interest. I'm Always reachable through pm's.

Didi
  • edited April 2015
    This doesn't look like much of an Eydis yet BUT it will be a wire sculpture of her with whip and dagger!

(Spinesreach): Xiuhcoatl says, "Oh man, grab the children-corn. This is gonna be good."
    DidiIshinTeaniMarienaEmelleHaven
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
  • edited April 2015
    Eydis is still a work in progress but here, have another thing:

(Spinesreach): Xiuhcoatl says, "Oh man, grab the children-corn. This is gonna be good."
    JensenDidiEmelleAreka
    So, I inherited my grandmother's sewing machine (now I don't have to do it all by hand!) and decided to give it a try after bringing it home yesterday. I managed to sew half a dress before it decided to object, refusing to turn at all. My dad came by and together we picked it to pieces (which is how he usually fixes things), we found the faulty junction, oiled it up and now it runs like clockwork again. The dress? Finished it.

ArekaDidiAarbrokIshinMarienaAryanneSakyl
  • After an accidental beheading I have updates on Eydis! The whip still needs to be tweaked a little bit and I plan on painting the base eventually:

IshinMarienaAarbrokTeaniSollace
    So, I'm that nice kind of person, who likes to do something special if I'm leaving a work place after a longer period of time. I've been at the same school for around 2 months now and I decided that just a regular cake would not do. It's been a while since I made one of my sandwich cakes, so I decided that's what I'd make! Here's what it looks like.

It's a very Scandinavian thing and the name describes it pretty well. It's a multi-tiered sandwich in the shape of a cake with lots of nice stuff inside. This is rather simple, with three layers, each of them having a mixture of mayo and cream blended with the other ingredients so as not to make it too dry.

Bottom layer: Leek and ham
    Middle layer: Egg and black caviar
    Top layer: crab

Garnished with surimi, salad, cucumber and cherry tomatoes. I forgot to buy lemon, which should have gone on as decoration as well, but I think my co-workers will be alright with what they get anyway. :smile:

DidiMarienaEmelleSollaceAryanne
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    @Teani - I'm not sure at all about that middle layer, but give me all of the top layer plz ^^ That is awesome!

Over Memorial Day, we made a most American dessert. It is the cookie dough you get in a roll at the store (though you could make your own, I GUESS), pressed out like a pizza and baked. There is a strawberry cream cheese + sugar + 1 tsp vanilla mixture spread out over that, then all of the fresh fruit goodness plus ready whip in a can for the white stripes. What I would do different next year (or for my birthday because 5th of july warrants all of the cool shit like this too): Use actual whipped cream instead of what comes from the can because the can stuff goes flat immediately and it doesn't look as nice after.

IshinPerilunaEydisAryanne
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    That's fucking awesome.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA

Since we are posting foodthings, this just got the final touches and is in the fridge for dessert.
    Strawberry cheesecake anyone!
    DidiTeaniMarienaXeniaSollace

• My bff and I are doing some serious bonding this week, since I'll be moving and we are sad pandas. So tonight we made some sweet bracelets. She had a medical ID she wanted something for, and I just found that sweet Tolkien quote and used it instead. Then we got some cogs in there in honor of Patrick Rothfuss too. WE WILL WEAR THEM ON THE SAME DAYS FOR THE REST OF DAYS.
    DidiEmelleAryanneIshinObynTeani

• CRAFT CAMP DAY 3. Laura and I made monster bracelets and earrings. Things are heating up at camp, one whole day of no injuries.
    EmelleMariena
    edited August 2015
    Ok so, I guess this fits in "I made a thing"...

There's this website, Adagio, that sells tea, and nerdy blends of tea, and it lets you make your own nerdy blends. So for luls, I made Aetolia teas, right? Well, this morning I woke up to an email saying "lol hi u featured on our website this weekend"

https://www.adagio.com/signature_blend/fandom_sets.html

So... that's a thing! The didi tea is excellent.

I made a thing! And this feature makes me so excited, I just had to come tell you guys.

Also @Asaraii I am mad jealous of that bling you made. I would wear the heck out of them.

Addendum: If you fancy tea, let me know and I'll get you a free $5 voucher for adagio.

ArekaAldricAarbrokEmelleCobyTeaniMarienaAsaraii
  • I wish I could afford those.. They look Amazing, all of them!
    Aarbrok
    I started ordering the sample teas only to have to cancel when I got to the end and saw the shipping costs. $37,50 only for shipping!! No freaking way. Sorry, but that just won't work for me. :frowning: